Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 18682 Sirius Black vs. Dolores Umbridge

Boratz

There in the middle of the raging seas, a boat dared to sail against the cruel waves. Unforgiving winds howled along with heavy rains. Deafening thunder roared in the skies while lightning shot through the darkness. There was not a star or a shed of light that could be seen in this powerful storm. Upon this boat that braved the mighty seas, a crew of men scrambled aboard to keep the vessel afloat. Each one was soaking wet with the salt water from the very ocean that they sailed upon, and each one fought the cold chill that ran down their spines. Each one of these men had a task to perform that would prove to be the difference between life and death. With this grueling storm and the treacherous waves, they could not fail to perform the duties that they were given. 

The howling winds quickly turned to a horrifying moan. In the middle of the storm, it did not seem there was an end in sight. Some of the men could have sworn that they saw figures floating in the air while covered in dark robes. For a couple of these souls, they believed that the end was near. With every rumble of thunder, these men could feel a tremor in their chests. Their struggle to keep their boat above water was a horrifying ordeal. After what seemed to be an eternity of fighting this storm of the century, everything started to come to a pause. The rain started to ease and the waves became smooth. The dark clouds that were overhead had started to disperse. Bright stars high above shined upon the once raging sea. 

A stillness fell upon the boat with an eerie silence. These men that had braved this terrifying storm had started to gather together. Some had started to laugh in relief while others were rejoicing in their survival. Little did they know that there was a presence that had found a way onto this fishing boat. Within the ship, a seemingly harmless woman with fluffy cheeks stood with trembling hands. Gripped tightly in her hand, she held a wand that she had stolen from the Minister of Magic. This woman that had become a pariah in the Wizarding community had been condemned to life in Azkaban prison. Every cold black night, she dreamed of her escape. In a matter of fate, this pariah had found a way to her freedom. 

Escaping the dreadful Azkaban prison was not the end of her troubles. Dolores Umbridge knew that she would be hunted by either the dementors or the auroras. She hissed at the thought of being hunted like an animal. The sounds of the muggle steps from overhead caused the witch to scowl in disgust. Dolores put one foot on the step that led up to the deck. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Horrifying memories poured through her mind of the last three years. Memories of the terrifying and sleepless nights within the dreadful walls of Azkaban prison. The screams and the moans of the others prisoners rang in her ear.

She slowly opened her eyes and glanced around. There was a mirror that hung off the wall. The witch let out a sigh as she sauntered over to the mirror. With the pounding waves and the grueling storm, the mirror was hanging by a thread. There were cracks that spread across the pane and smudges that the muggles had never bothered to clean. Despite the filth and the cracks, Dolores could see her reflection on the mirror. Her skin had been drained of all color and there were wrinkles that surrounded her eyes. She had filthy rags that covered her body that gave off a sickening stench. The witch let out a scoff as she waved her wand through the air.

"This simply will not do." She groaned.

She muttered some words that were drowned out by a sound that radiated out her wand. The wrinkles that once covered her face had started to disappear and color started to appear on her skin once again. Her fluffy cheeks started to become pink with thick makeup and the rags that she was wearing had turned into a flowery pink outfit. Lipstick appeared over her lips while the stench that came off her body had turned to a smell of overbearing perfume. A smile formed across her pink fluffy cheeks.

"Much better." She muttered to herself.

Several thoughts ran through her mind while she gazed into the filthy cracked mirror. There was an emptiness in the pit of her stomach. From this day forward, she knew that the Ministry of Magic would search every corner of the world to find her. She knew that she would be hunted every bright sunny day and every cold black night. Her body trembled at the thought of the dementor's kiss. While looking in that filthy cracked mirror, a thought came to her that brought some solace. She needed help from a power greater than her own. Umbridge's thoughts went to the fallen Dark Lord. 

"Voldemort... Dead... That boy...." She mumbled to herself repeatedly. 

While Umbridge mumbled those words over and over, several thoughts ran through her mind. In her mind, she felt that she needed to find a way to raise Voldemort from the dead. In this world of weakness and filth such as the Muggle sympathizers and mudbloods, she needed to find a way to bring purity back into the world. Several ideas started to race through her mind in how she could bring the Dark Lord back to life. 

A slight squeak echoed through the room. Umbridge's racing thoughts had come to a stop and she turned her attention to the steps that led up to the boat's deck. Her dark, powdery eyes caught the sight of one of the fishermen that had worked tirelessly in the raging storm. The fisherman was in a state of shock after seeing a complete stranger within the boat. Before he could mutter a word, the pink stained lips on Umbridge's mouth formed a menacing smile.

"Haven't you been told it is rude to interrupt a witch?" Dolores said while lifting her wand. "Avada Kedavra." She hissed as a blinding green light shot out of her wand.

Finally, an idea came to the mind of the selfish witch. There was a mirror that the Ministry of Magic had buried deep within the world. A mirror that was said to have been created by Merlin himself during the age of Camelot. This mirror was said to have been able to bring back the dead. The magic to use the mirror was said to be some of the first unforgivable curses. It was also believed that there was no certainty on who or what would come back to the land of the living. Legend that surrounded the mirror said that what Merlin brought back had started a massive war that divided wizards and muggles. Umbridge knew that this was her only hope to having the power to bring about the perfect society. She needed the spell and the ingredients. That same wicked smile stayed upon her face as she walked up the squeaky steps toward the dock. One by one, the fishermen had met their unfortunate ends.

The Mirror of Merlin

Dolores Umbridge set her sights on this Mirror of Merlin. After searching high and low, she found the forbidden mirror. She collected all the horrific ingredients to perfume the spell and stood before fabled mirror of legend. The selfish witch waved her wand over the ingredients that she obtained and performed the unforgiving spell. Cracks formed across the mirror and the world went dark all around. It seemed as if glass had completely shattered onto the ground below and a shadowy figure appeared out of the remains of the mirror. Suddenly, light started to appear once again in the world and the mirror appeared completely fine. 

The shadows started to fade away from the figure and a feeling of disgust formed within Dolores Umbridge's gut. She saw what appeared to be the former godfather of Harry Potter, Sirius Black. Black felt as if there was strength and warmth returning to his hands and feet. He steadily rose to his feet and let out a sigh. Sirius looked around the room that he was in, and it appeared to be a tomb. He then felt another presence within this mysterious tomb. Black glanced back and saw a woman in bright pink clothing. He immediately recognized this individual as Dolores Umbridge.

"This is inexcusable. Bringing something filthy such as you back into this world." Umbridge growled while raising her wand. 

With all the strength that he could muster, Sirius was able to knock Umbridge onto the ground before she could unleash the killing curse upon him. His legs felt numb as he pushed himself forward. The strength in his legs was slowly coming back to him as he tried running through the tomb. He leaned against the cold tomb and kept pushing himself forward. As the strength continued to surge throughout his body, he heard the menacing voice of Dolores Umbridge from behind. With all the strength that he had; Sirius Black was able to escape into the outside world. 

Sirius Black fell on his hands and knees. He felt a cool winter breeze blow against his cheeks. Sirius pushed himself up to his feet and glanced around in all directions. He found himself on a city street. There appeared to be muggles in all directions. Sirius sauntered across the pavement and let out another sigh. He gazed upon parents walking around with their young children. The smell of freshly baked bread at a nearby restaurant filled his nostrils as he gazed upon groups of friends laughing with one another. As his strength had fully returned to him, Sirius felt as if the world had stopped. His thoughts started to race while he looked upon the many different people in this city.

All of his memories centered around his dearest friends; James, Lily, and Remus. Tears formed in his eyes as he reflected on the fond memories of all those that he had loved. He then thought of Harry and the love that he had for his godson. Sirius let out a sigh of relief as a tear rolled down his cheeks. He smiled at the thought that he would be able to reunite with Harry, and be able to truly live freely within this world. In an instant, the world seemed as if it had started moving once again. Sirius Black turned around and saw the wicked fat, toad-like woman in pink.

Memories of what Dolores Umbride had done to Harry started to flood Sirius' mind. His hands started to tremble and shake with an uncontrollable rage. He staggered back as a crowd started to form between him and this sadistic witch. Sirius reached inside his pocket in hopes that he may feel his wand. As his shaking hand felt inside his pocket, he felt the end of his trusted wand and a memory came to him. He remembered the night that he fell through the Veil in the Death Chamber, and he took a deep breath. As his fingers went around his trusted wand, his hand formed a powerful grip. Sirius took the wand out of his pocket and gazed at the passing muggles. 

The soothing sound of laughter amongst the young families brought a strength to Sirius Black. He knew that he had to protect these innocent lives from this despicable witch. Sirius knew that he had to stop Dolores here and now before she could cause any more pain to this world. He lifted his wand to his mouth and started to shout amongst the passing muggles.

"RUN! RUN AWAY NOW! ALL OF YOU ARE IN DANGER!" Sirius shouted into his wand. His voice projected over the crowd like a thunderous roar.

Everyone in the crowd started to run in all directions. Sirius waved his wand to create flickers in the street lamps and flashing lights in the sky. There was a sense of panic that caused the crowds to skurry away. Eventually, the only ones that remained in the night covered street were Sirius Black and Dolores Umbridge. There was a sinister smile that formed over pink fluffy cheeks of Dolores Umbridge, and a stern gaze that formed over Sirius Black.

"You have nowhere to run, Sirius! I am going to end you here and now!" Dolores shouted.

"You hurt my godson! You hurt my friends! I will be the one ending you, Dolores!" Sirius said while raising his wand for battle.

1 hour ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Fun match idea! I think you did a great job with the setup! 

I'm going for Black 

Thanks Merc! My idea was to use either Black or Remus since both probably would have a personal hatred towards Dolores. Although I think everyone in the Harry Potter universe has something against that witch. 

Good match. I give the setup a 5.0. Plus I give Sirius my vote, since I hate Dolores.

• Like 1

Another great set-up, Boratz. The story seems to set the reader firmly into the Harry Potter world. 

As for the match, I have no idea who to vote for since I haven't read or seen anything Harry Potter-related. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 10:44 PM, SSJRuss said:

I cannot in good conscience vote for Umbridge 😂

14 hours ago, Venom 2009 said:

Good match. I give the setup a 5.0. Plus I give Sirius my vote, since I hate Dolores.

13 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another great set-up, Boratz. The story seems to set the reader firmly into the Harry Potter world. 

As for the match, I have no idea who to vote for since I haven't read or seen anything Harry Potter-related. 

Thank yall for the comments!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.50 - Mercenaryblade
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
6 Total Votes cast
29.20 Total Combined Score