MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 18609 The Huxtables vs. U.S.S. Enterprise (NCC-1701)

leroypowell3

They were suddenly there. They didn’t even know where ‘there’ was but it’s where they were.

“Uh, what happened?

“Where are we?”

“I don’t know.”

“What’s going on?”

The clamor died quickly as the obvious questions were used up.

“Good day to you Huxtables! I’m Q!” A voice beyond their group bellowed.

The family turned around and saw a strangely dressed man smiling at them. It was a devious grin, like a child who had done something naughty but their parents haven’t figured it out yet.

“You’ve been selected to ‘finish it’.

“Finish it!” a few of them said semi-simultaniously.

“Finish what?” Theo said the loudest.

“The incident.” answered the man.

“You see that screen there?” He pointed to the other side of the room. “That’s an alien ship. They’ve been fighting with the people on this ship. You’re on the bridge. The ship is in pretty bad shape but it’s got plenty to take care of what you need to do. The computer will help you with the controls.”

The stunned Huxtables stared at him mouths agape.

The lawyer in Clare broke her out of it first.

“Wait wait! Who’s on the other ship? Where are the people who were on this ship? Why were they fighting?”
Q shrugged. “Something about something something something. I don’t know. The point is you’d better finish them off before they finish you.”

Denise asked. “Why are you doing this?”

Q smiled at her. “Because you get to finish it.”

Now Rudy asked a question. “Are you going to help us?”

“Q snorted. “Nope. Good luck.” and he blipped away.

After a minute of stunned silence They turned to the head of the family.

“Dad? What do we do?”

Cliff looked at each of them. “I guess we ‘finish it’.”

He wasn’t a navy man and definitely not a science fiction guy but he had seen a movie or two. The big chair in the center must have been the captain’s chair. He touched it gingerly.

Theo and Vanessa started exploring. Theo gravitated to the weapons station while Vanessa studied the navigation spot. Neither of them knew what it was but they sat down anyway curiously diagnosing the controls.

Denise found a spot behind the captain’s chair, with Rudy tailing her. The communications station.

Claire continued to stand beside her husband.

Suddenly a sort of alarm chimed.

“What is that?” Vanessa wanted to know.

Everyone looked around and then Rudy saw an indicator light on Denise’s console.

The big screen in the front of the bridge blinked and a vicious face snarled at them.

“Ready to give up?” the being growled. He looked like a bear that had his face smashed in. His eyes were deep yet nimble. There was some kind of crown that he wore on his head.

Cliff licked his lips. “Uh hello.”

The smoosh-faced bear cocked his head. “Who are you? Where are the others.”

“I’m afraid we’re all you’ve got.” Cliff replied.

Smoosh-faced bear alien growled back.

“It matters not! We will destroy your ship and there is nothing you can do about it!”

“Now hold on a minute!” Cliff held his hands up. “Let’s talk about this.”

Claire jumped in. “I’m sure we can negotiate something peaceful.”

Smoosh-faced bear alien responded. “We will fly through the pieces of your ship once we have destroyed it! Make piece with whatever gods you worship!”

He then cut off communications. The Enterprise’s screen going black.

All eyes were on Cliff. His face was more serious than it had been in years. His beloved family was depending on him. If he didn’t destroy this other ship, they would all die. There was no other choice.

With a loud huff he proclaimed, “Well. I guess we’ll have to finish this.”

Fight Parameters:

The Huxtables must learn to operate the Enterprise-D (Next Generation TV series) enough to destroy the enemy ship (some random hostile aliens). The Enterprise is damaged but nothing critical. Shields are down but the alien ship is far inferior and only have a few shots left. The alien ship is badly damaged and a simple phaser will finish it off.

The Enterprise’s computer can do pretty much all of the functions the Huxtables need it to do if they can figure out how to interact with it.

With the shields down, a well placed blast from the alien ship can destroy the Enterprise.

Can the Huxtables survive this?

This is the Huxtables from maybe season 3 or 4 of The Cosby Show so Theo and Denise are older teenagers, Vanessa is like 11 twelve I think and Rudy is maybe 7 or 8.

Sandra and Elvin are not there. And of course Denise’s husband Martin is not there (a navy man like him would be useful but too bad cause then I’d have to include Olivia (Raven Simone). I say thee nay.

Good set-up, leroy. I can't enjoy The Cosby Show like I used to, but the thought of the Huxtables in this situation is still pretty funny. :D 

As for the match, I think the Huxtables can manage to figure out how to take down an enemy ship essentially on its last legs, albeit with some hijinks. Hell, this whole adventure might even be one of Cliff's dreams after he ate a submarine sandwich right before going to bed.