Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Match 18607 The Order of the Coagula vs. The Tethered

broadwaybeyonder

Missy Armitage sat in her chair and stirred her tea, letting her spoon scrape every so gently against the sides of her cup.  Across from her sat a figure in a red jumpsuit, brown hair pulled back in a off center ponytail.  There were marks and bruises on her face, but it was a face that Missy Armitage could recognize.  It was the face of her daughter Rose. 

“How do you feel?” Missy asked softly.  The strange woman grunted, her fingernails digging into the arms of her chair.  “Don’t worry,” Missy went on.  “We know there’s nothing wrong with you.  You have a voice.  Use it.”  The woman moaned and strained her neck.  Missy’s eyes narrowed as she gave another sharp scrape of the teacup.  “What is your name?” 

“Vi.. Vi..Vi…o…let,” the woman breathed.  “Vi-o-let.” 

From behind a two-way mirror, the rest of Armitage family, Walter, and Georgina watched as Missy continued her session with the doppelganger.    “Remarkable,” said Dean.  “The similarities are uncanny.” 

“I don’t know, sis,” smirked Jeremy.  “I think she’s better looking than you.” 

“Shut up,” said Rose. 

“What are we going to do with her?” asked Georgina.  Dean sighed and turned to Georgina.  “After Missy is finished giving her a once over, we’ll dispose of her.  Then we are going to have to leave.”  Georgina’s eyes widened.  “Leave?!  No!  No, no, no!  This is my house!  My house!  We can’t leave!” 

Dean put his hands on Georgina’s shoulders, trying to keep her calm.  “Mother, we have no choice.  You heard the radio.  People dressed in red like that woman in there.  Going around the country killing people.  We can’t afford to stay here much longer.” 

“Don’t worry, dad,” said Jeremy, his grip tightening on his lacrosse stick.  “The freak in there isn’t going to kill anybody after I’m done with her.” 

“So, Violet,” said Missy.  “Now that you’ve told me who you are, why not tell me what you are?”  Violet cocked her head, a trace of a smile on her dry lips.  “Your… daugh….ter.”  The spoon nearly slipped out of Missy’s fingers.  “You,” she said, struggling to keep her voice low.  “Are no daughter of mine.” 

“I… am… not,” said Violet.  “And… I… am.  Daddy Monte, Mommy Missy, Brother George.  Even Grandma and Grandpa.  All of them coming to play.” 

“My word,” said Walter softly.  Dean looked at Walter.  “Father?  Do you know what she’s talking about?” 

Walter took a deep breath.  “I believe so, son.  While our order was developing the Coagula procedure, we became aware of another project that had been taking place.  A government project.  A method of making a… copy of human beings.  It was supposed to allow them to control the genuine articles, or some such nonsense.”  

“Is that what these redsuits are?” asked Jeremy.  “A bunch of clones or something?” 

The Armitage men were so focused on their discussion, they failed to notice Rose was still staring at the two-way mirror, her eyes becoming as glazed over as Violet. 

“Daddy and Grandpa did the work,” Violet intoned.  “They are going to have us live forever.  They found a good body, and gave it Grandpa’s brain.” 

“You mean Daddy was able to complete the surgery?” asked Missy. 

“No.  No surgery.  Daddy gave Dane Grandpa’s brain.  Now Dane and Grandpa Goth and Nadia and Grandma Susan are together and Grandma and Grandpa will live forever.” 

“If that’s true, then why the hell are these things wandering around now?” asked Dean. 

“Last I heard they had shut the project down,” replied Walter.  “These creatures should have died out years ago!  Not be attacking us!”  Dean shook his head and looked back at Rose.  “Dear, come over here.  It’ll do you no good to watch this.  Rose?  Dear?”  Rose Armitage just continued to stare blankly at the two-way mirror, her fingers gripping her jeans in the same as Violet grasped the chair. 

“Why would you want to ‘play’ with us?” asked Missy.  “To send a message,” Violet groaned.  “The world must see us!” 

“Hey, sis!  Snap out of it!” barked Jeremy.  Dean shook his daughter but still she wouldn’t respond.  “She’s hypnotized!  Father!  Is there still a connection between us and these copies?” 

“Well, I don’t know, son.  There might be but…” 

Dean bolted from the room and rushed to the door to the study. 

“Alright, Violet,” said Missy.  “Be a good girl.  Sink into the floor.  Now.” 

In an instant, Violet had slumped in her chair, and Rose collapsed to the floor of the observation room.  Dean burst into the study, and Missy glared at him.  “Dean!  What on earth are you doing?” 

“Wake her up!  Get her out of the Sunken Place!  Now!” 

“Dean, get a hold of yourself!  This way you can have Jeremy finish her off and we can be on our way.” 

“Listen to me, Missy!  This… thing is a copy, a clone of our daughter.  When you were hypnotizing her it started to have an effect on Rose.  God knows what would happen to Rose if Jeremy killed her double and they were both under.  So wake her up and we’ll worry about Jeremy la…” 

The lights in the Armitage mansion switched off.  The fireplace provided the only illumination.  “What happened to the power?” asked Missy anxiously. 

Suddenly there was a loud banging noise.  “Dad!  Quick!” shouted Jeremy.  “We got company!”  Dean grabbed a poker and pulled his wife after him.  They joined Jeremy, Walter, and Georgina as they stood at the front door.  Splinters flew as the door shot off it’s hinges, revealing the 5 figures in red jumpsuits. 

One was a man with a scraggly beard and glasses.  Another a boy wearing a ski mask and wielding a makeshift lacrosse stick.  Another was a woman with a psychotic smile and loosely holding a teacup and spoon in one hand.  But the other two figures made the Armitage’s reel back in disgust.  They were an African American man and woman, both wearing a chain around their necks.  On each chain was the tortured remnants of a human brain.   

Jeremy and Dean raised their weapons, as Walter reached for a letter opener and Missy and Georgina moved behind them.  The Tethered clones of the Armitage’s stood brandishing scissors for a moment, then lunged with a psychotic howl at their prey. 

OK:

The Order of the Coagula need to kill their Tethered and survive the night.  Fight takes place in and around the Armitage mansion. 

Game On!    

Oh cool, 2 of my additions and 2 from Jordan Peele movies! I really enjoyed this

I'm leaning toward the Tethered as they seemed pretty dangerous and seemed able to kill most of their counterparts with ease. They almost seemed superhuman in a lot of ways

• Like 1

Got to start watching some Jordan Peele horror films ... 

I'm not familiar with Get Out or Us, but this looks like a good entry to me, broadway.

• Like 1

The only thing I can find to complain is the fact that you made me want to watch two movies I had no interest in before. 

Immersion was great and it felt like I could see it happening right before me. 

Great job. 5/5

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - IKA
5.00 - StormChaser
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.70 Total Combined Score
19.70 / 4 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Order of the Coagula: 0
The Tethered: 3

THE BOTTOM LINE

Dean Armitage struggled against his Tethered as he loomed over him.  The clone stabbed down with his scissors as Dean scrambled to get away and swung his poker to block the attack.  Walter and Georgina had already fallen at the hands of their duplicates, their necks broken.  Jeremy’s Tethered had bashed Jeremy’s head in with his own lacrosse stick. 

With a cry of desperation Dean finally managed to land a blow to the head of his attacker.  “Missy!” he shouted to his wife.  He had seen her running to the room where Rose was, with the Missy Tethered giving chase.  Dean lunged to his feet and ran down the hall, the other Tethered moving in.  Dean slammed the door shut behind him and blocked it off with large, oak chest.  He spun around to see Violet with a pair of scissors jabbed into her neck, passed out on the floor.  Looking through the two-way mirror, Dean could see Rose staring into the flames in the fireplace.  Dean rushed into the study, locking the door behind him. 

“Don’t worry, honey,” he said.  “Mother was able to get you out of the Sunken Place.  But we need to get out of here.  Now!” 

Rose continued to stare at the flames. 

“Rose?  Are you hurt?” 

In Rose’s continued silence, Dean finally heard a sound coming from the darkened corner of the room.  It was the sound of a spoon scraping.  But it only sometimes sounded like it was scraping against the side of a teacup. 

As Dean’s eyes adjusted to the firelight, he could finally make out the shape of Missy’s Tethered.  She was kneeling over Missy’s body, driving her spoon into Missy’s eye socket.  The Tethered looked up from her bloody work and grinned psychotically at Dean.  Dean looked back at Rose, his face taut with fear as she looked at him with a serene calm. 

“You know we can’t let you go, right, Dad?” asked Violet.