Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18505 Coldstone vs. The Creeper

Boratz

Prologue

Vincent van Gogh once said, "There is peace even in the storm." In the harshest of storms, that peace can hard to find. The search for that peace becomes a daunting trial which shapes the very lives of all those that dare partake in it. The crucible for peace is a tribulation for many that have suffered loss and hardship. This tale that is about to be told is about a being that has seen a lifetime of hardship and pain. A being that once knew a sense of peace and happiness, but was lost in a tragedy. With that tragedy came the loss of life, identity and the one that he truly loved. Reborn and rebuilt in hate, this being found himself searching for that peace that seemed lost within a storm. This being once known as Othello had journeyed across the world searching through the storm for peace. Othello, now known as Coldstone had been tormented when he shared a vessel with his one true love and his despicable brother. After his love and his brother were transferred into their own individual bodies, he thought he and his love could find that peace together. He thought he could finally overcome the storm that had plagued him for so long.

The Mighty Goliath had offered Coldstone and Coldfire the chance to join his Manhattan Clan. It was an offer Coldstone wanted to accept, but he knew that there was a crucible that he had to face before he could. He and Coldfire had to put an end to the evil that was his brother. Coldstone knew that before he or Coldfire could have peace, they had to stop Coldsteel. Their search led them out of Goliath's kingdom of Manhattan, and into the brave new world that had come to learn the truth of gargoyles. 

It was a time of uncertainty for the powerful warrior that had struggled for so long with an identity that was destroyed over time. While they set out to discover who they were in this world, they searched far and wide for Coldsteel. There was a path of pain and agony caused by the treacherous former gargoyle known as Iago. After being turned into a machine, the wicked sought to cause as much suffering as he possibly could. Coldstone and Coldfire followed the path of suffering across the lands. Every time they thought that they had gotten close to catching the villainous cyborg, he would escape their grasp. Coldstone felt responsible for the actions of his brother and felt deep remorse after witnessing the pain that was caused by Coldsteel.

Their quest in putting an end to the evil Coldsteel led them to a land in the southern United States. There was trail of pain and sorrow that was left behind. All the suffering had led to one fateful night. It was a night that would come to dwell in Coldstone's mind for all the days to come. The search for Coldsteel had led them to a factory owned by Xanatos. Coldstone and his beloved had discussed their plans in capturing Coldsteel. 

The fateful events seemed to begin to unfold according to what they had planned, but Coldsteel had found a way to foil everything. A fire grew with an uncontrollable rage throughout the factory. Alarms began to ring with deafening screams while the fire started to consume everything in its path. Coldstone had engaged his brother in a vicious battle throughout the burning factory. All the pain and suffering that Coldsteel had caused fueled Coldstone as he started to unleash blow after blow against the cybernetic beast. The floors started to crack and the ceilings started to give way. 

It seemed as if the end was nigh for the brothers as the world was burning around them. Coldstone was more than prepared to fall in battle if it meant that Coldsteel's reign of terror would come to an end. As the warrior continued his battle against the villainous cyborg, he felt a force grab him from behind. Coldstone glanced back and saw his bride grabbing him. Their eyes locked in on one another and it seemed as if time had come to a stop. 

Coldstone remembered the life that he had before with Coldfire and the love that they shared. In that moment, he could feel that peace he had been searching for since his resurrection. A bright smile formed across Coldfire's face as she brought Coldstone in closer to her. While the world crumbled around them, Coldfire had gently said some words to her beloved. With all the strength that she had, she tossed Coldstone out of the window. Coldfire then turned her attention to the treacherous Coldsteel. She leapt on top of him with all of her might as the building collapsed on top of them.

Coldstone screamed "NO!" as he fell out of the building. He tried to fly back inside but an explosion from within the factory pushed him back. Watching in horror, Coldstone witnessed more explosions as the factory crumbled to the ground. The thick smoke filled the night as intense fires raged on. At dawn, the flames were put out and Coldstone searched through the rubble to see if he could find his beloved. He searched far and wide for any trace of hope. His hopes were drain when he found the remains of his beloved and his brother. The reign of his brother had finally come to an end, but it was at the cost of Coldfire's life. Coldstone unleashed a cry that could be heard from all around. 

There were sirens approaching and humans coming near. Coldstone had no desire to leave, but he knew he could not stay to mourn much longer. He flew flew up into the skies above. His heart was shattered and his path was now unclear. The broken gargoyle had once made a promise to Goliath in that he would return to his Clan once they had stopped Coldsteel. Coldfire had put an end to Coldsteel at the cost of her own life. With his beloved now gone, Coldstone felt he could not return to Goliath. He failed his beloved and now he had to live with his own failure. For his failures, Coldstone decided his journey would be that of exile.

Chapter I - A Threatened Peace

In the swamps of Louisiana, Coldstone found himself on a limb of a tree. He gazed down at the murky waters below. There were alligators watching from under the water in hopes of finding prey and lovebugs swarming the area around. The warrior let out a sigh as his memories did not stray away from the loss that he endured. In his exile and isolation, Coldstone realized that he was not fully machine, nor was he fully gargoyle. In his mind, he was nothing more than an abomination that was created to fail. The memories of the life that he once had was a just a reminder of the failures that he had to carry with him.

The great warrior let out a sigh as he gazed down at the thick swamp. The world around was thick with humidity and the temperatures were hot. In Coldstone's mind, he felt there was nothing here for him. Before he set off, a sound caught his attention from nearby. Coldstone had leapt from the different tree limbs until he looked over where the sound had come from. He saw a small house that was hidden in the swamp. Lights shined out of the windows as Coldstone gazed over the house. There were rotted boards on the side of the house and the roof appeared to have seen better days. The windows had cracks and the boards that were not rotted had chipping paint. Coldstone wondered how the house was still standing with all the damage he could see from high up on the tree limb. 

He then heard a male's voice yelling in a drunken state. As Coldstone listened, the screeching door to the front of the house opened and he saw a young girl. The girl would be no older than a teenager in human terms. She was crying as she ran out the door. She stumbled and tripped on the ground below her. The drunken man suddenly came out of the house. He had a belt wrapped around his hand as he followed close behind the girl. The drunken man continued to yell but his words were slurred. He chased after the girl and stumbled around as he caught up to her. Rage started burning within Coldstone as he watched the man striking the screaming young girl. 

In his rage, the powerful warrior flew down from the tree limb. He swept over the man and grabbed his arm. For a moment, everything seemed hazey for the drunken man. As the world became clear, he could see the creature that had grabbed his arm. His eyes widened as he gazed over the hideous beast. Coldstone grabbed the man's shoulder and brought him close to his chest. He glared into the man's eyes and saw the fear burning within him. Coldstone lifted the man off the ground.

"Never touch her again!" Coldstone growled.

"Wh... What the hell are you?" The drunken man slurred as tears started to roll down his cheeks.

"I am the nightmare that will come for you if you touch her again!" Coldstone roared as his grip tightened. He heard the bones snap in the arm of the drunken man. The man let out an agonizing scream. Coldstone brought the man in closer once again. "Now leave and never come back! Run away until your legs start bleeding!"

Coldstone threw the drunken man into the swamp. The drunken man stumbled to his feet and staggered around. He grabbed his broken arm and then glanced back at the beast. The drunken man stumbled back and then turned to run away into the night. The furious look on Coldstone's face soon faded away as the man disappeared in the swamp. He then turned his attention to the young girl. The warrior could see the fear that was in her face. He knelt down beside her and gently put his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Coldstone asked with a calm voice.

"Ye.... Yes..." The girl whimpered as she gazed into the creature's eyes. "What are you?"

"I am Coldstone, and I am a gargoyle." Coldstone replied as his face sunk. "I was a gargoyle. Now I am not sure what I am anymore."

"Why did you help me?" She asked as tears started to form in her eyes. "No one ever helps."

"I once protected humans in need. I saw that you were in need." Coldstone replied.

"Thank you... Thank you so much!" She cried as she began to sob.

Coldstone wrapped his arms around the girl and started to gently hug her. "You will be okay now." He reassured her as he continued to hug her. "What is your name?"

Des... Desdemona..." She sobbed. "But my friends call me Des."

Coldstone's eyes widened as he remembered his beloved. That was once her name in the life that they had before. He felt as if fate had led him to this moment. He gently said, "Come... Let's get you inside."

They went into the house. Des made a bowl of gumbo and the two spoke throughout night. She laughed and she cried as she spoke to Coldstone. She assured him that her father was not always this way, but ever since her mother left, he changed. Coldstone told her about his life and the events that led him there. She told him that she was blessed to have Coldstone watching over her. The sun began to rise and Des did not realize the time. She knew that she had to get ready for school. Des hurried to get ready and raced to get to the door.  She looked back at Coldstone. 

"Are you going to be here when I get back?" Des asked with a smile.

"Of course." Coldstone replied with a warm smile. 

"Where'd you get those peepers?"

The drunken man had run into the town. He went to the hospital and had his arm wrapped. Police came but they had known of this man's reputation with the bottle. They figured he fell down and broke his arm in a drunken state. The father stumbled around the town and spoke of the metal creature that had attacked him. He was dismissed by all. He found himself in the local diner. While others were enjoying their breakfast, he was growing frustrated that no one was listening to him. He ordered a cup of coffee and grits. The abusive father sunk his head down and closed his eyes. As everyone continued on with their breakfast, a song played on the radio. "Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers. Jeepers creepers, where'd you get those eyes..." The waitress thought that it was strange as the music was supposed to be on a classic rock station.

The father finished his coffee and grits. He sauntered outside the diner and started walking through the small town. He mumbled and cursed under his breath as he glanced down at his arm. The father could feel the pain medicine wearing off. His arm started throbbing with pain as he stumbled around. The man felt he needed a drink or something to make the pain go away. He did not pay much attention to a large brown rusty truck following behind him. He glanced back as the truck started to accelerate in speed. "What the fu..." The man said as he started to run. He stopped in his track as the truck spun around him. The door opened and he saw a large figure stepping out of the truck. 

"What the hell are you?" The father muttered as he fell back on the ground.

He gazed into the black eyes of the figure. The figure quickly grabbed the father and threw him into the back of the truck. He tried to break free but the creature snapped his neck with ease. The Creeper then sniffed the man's body and a sinister smile formed across its cheeks. There was a scent of the man's daughter that caught the Creeper's attention. It let out a sickening sigh as it continued to smile.  The Creeper slammed the back of the door and hurried to get back into the truck. The brown rustic truck then sped off out of the small town. The Creeper started to follow the scent of the man's daughter.

"Where'd you get those eyes?" 

While sitting in class, Des' eyes grew heavy. She was tired from the night before and with the conversations she had with her new friend. She slowly faded off into sleep. She woke up in what appeared to be a cornfield. There were figures standing within the rows of corn. She then saw her father with a bloody shirt. He appeared to be muttering something that she could not understand.

"Daddy?!" Des called out as she started walking closer to him.

He turned his attention to her. "Every 23rd spring, for 23 days it gets to eat." He said as he turned his attention to something else.

Des looked toward where he was looking and saw a cloaked figure. It had wings unlike the ones she saw on Coldstone. "What does it eat?" She asked as she looked back at her father.

His face was ripped to shreds. "It eats us, Dessie! It is coming for you! RUN! I know that I have been terrible to you, Dessie but you need to run!" He screamed as he grabbed his daughter.

Des woke up screaming in the middle of class. She looked around at the other students, who had begun to laugh. She started breathing heavily as she looked at the teacher approaching her. The only thought in her mind was getting back to Coldstone. She felt that maybe he would know what was happening, or perhaps he could protect her. She jumped to her feet and sprinted out of the classroom. The teacher and faculty tried to stop her, but she made her way out of the school as fast as she could.

As she ran through thorns and thickets, tears rolled down her cheeks. The image of her father burned in her mind. She prayed over and over again that she would make it back to the house. She prayed that she would make it back to Coldstone. She ran through creeks and streams. Mud covered her cut legs. She tripped down into the mud, and another vision came upon her. The Creeper flew over her head. It was a winged demon that was from the worst of nightmares. She could see the faces of several of the demon's victims. Des screamed as she saw the mutilated body of her father.

Her eyes shot open as she pushed herself out of the mud. She raced through the woods and back to her house. Des had cuts all over her arms and legs. She pushed through the door and slammed it shut behind her. "COLDSTONE! COLDSTONE!" She cried while locking the door behind her. Tears continues to run down as cheeks as he eyes began to swell. She continued to cry for Coldstone as she ran to her room. Coldstone walked out of one of the rooms in the house. He stood in front of Des.

"What is wrong, Desdemona?" Coldstone asked with a calm voice.

Des explained to Coldstone what she had just experienced. In all of his years, he had never heard of anything such as this. He hugged his friend gently against his chest.

"This world is full of creatures from the deepest pits of hell to the highest cloud in the sky, dear Desdemona. My Clan has taken it upon itself to protect men and women from the evils of this world. I have seen some of the worst that this world has to offer. I give you my word, my dear friend. I will protect you on this night and the next from this evil." Coldstone said as he looked down upon Des.

While he waited there with his friend Des, a memory ran through his mind. The night that he lost his beloved in her battle against Coldsteel. Coldfire grabbed him and saved him from the destruction that was occurring around them. His beloved told him, "You will find peace my love... Your journey does not end here..." Those words echoed through his mind as Des stayed in his arms.

There was a noise from outside. Coldstone told Des to stay inside while he went out to see what it was. The warrior walked outside of the house and saw a small red car pulling into the driveway. Coldstone hid in the shadows and watched as a large woman stepped out of the vehicle. The woman started to walk toward the house, and started calling out for Des. She said that she was a counselor with the school and was there to check on her well-being. Before she made her way to the porch, something came from the shadows of the night. Coldstone watched in horror as the demon flew down and snatched up the woman. Before he could react, the woman was taken into the night sky. He could hear her screams and then there was silence. 

The Creeper flew back to the house and landed on top of the counselor's car. Coldstone walked out of the shadows. He stood between the house and car. The Creeper glared at Coldstone and started to growl.

"I do not know if you are an abomination of hell or the Earth! You are certainly not a gargoyle, but you are an enemy! I will not allow you to hurt my friend! I will destroy you here and now!" Coldstone shouted as he glared at the Creeper. 

Another great set-up, Boratz. Great story, and from little I've seen of Jeepers Creepers, it meshes well with Gargoyles here. 

On 9/5/2022 at 5:09 PM, Boratz said:

Des explained to Coldstone what she had just experienced. In all of his years, he had never heard of anything such as this.

I don't know about that. Gargoyles regularly faced the likes of wizards, monsters, and Oberon's children, the latter of which liked to pose as gods and spirits and such.  Given that, I'd say Coldstone's got a fair shot. He very likely has some experience dealing with other supernatural creatures besides other gargoyles, and he's more powerful than the average gargoyles with all his cybernetic enhancements, so he just might be able to find a way to incapacitate the Creeper.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 5:16 PM, Boratz said:

Does anyone know how to fix the screen? Part of it looks dark

I think IKA mentioned he's been working to figure out the site's coding, so he may have been tinkering with things a bit.

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another great set-up, Boratz. Great story, and from little I've seen of Jeepers Creepers, it meshes well with Gargoyles here. 

I don't know about that. Gargoyles regularly faced the likes of wizards, monsters, and Oberon's children, the latter of which liked to pose as gods and spirits and such.  Given that, I'd say Coldstone's got a fair shot. He very likely has some experience dealing with other supernatural creatures besides other gargoyles, and he's more powerful than the average gargoyles with all his cybernetic enhancements, so he just might be able to find a way to incapacitate the Creeper.

I know they've faced a lot of spirits, witches, Oberon's children and etc. I didn't know how much the Creeper was like any of those beasts and entities. The Creeper seemed like he could fit right in and yet is different in a lot of ways. I don't know of that makes sense.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.80 Total Combined Score
18.80 / 4 = 4.70 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Coldstone: 5