Freddy Krueger: 3

Rumble 20530 Emperor Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 3
The Xenomorph Queen: 2

Match 18487 Elisa Maza vs. Blaze Fielding

JohnnyChany

image.jpeg.9ee8c32c698d03d21d5a9a875737d1c5.jpeg

Blaze Fielding sat on her couch in her cozy Wood Oak City apartment above the dance studio where she now made her living. She hesitated before proceeding to turn on the news against her better judgment. There had been a case she had been following involving a wealthy businessman’s son being arrested for attempting to resurrect the Syndicate. It was clear that the young man was guilty, but Blaze didn’t like the theories she was hearing about the trial’s outcome.

“This just in tonight to WOCTV,” the news anchor announced. “Sterling Shaw has been found guilty, but he will only face a light punishment of community service. It appears the jury agreed with Shaw’s lawyer that Sterling was a victim of being an impressionable kid during this city’s violent past.”

Blaze threw her remote control and slammed her fist on a nearby black coffee table. “I’m sick of this bullshit.”

Blaze cell phone immediately rang, and she answered it to find Cherry Hunter, daughter of Adam Hunter, on the other end. 

“Blaze, did you hear the verdict?” Cherry asked.

Blaze gritted her teeth. “Yeah, I saw it.”

“I guess it’s true what they say," stated Cherry. “Money really can get you out of anything.”

“Blaze sighed. “It is ridiculous. Nothing ever changes. The corruption is far too rampant.” Blaze glanced back at the tv screen as Sterling and his lawyer prepared for a press conference. “I really want to kick the smug expression right off that punk’s face.”

Cherry chuckled. “Are you thinking of cracking some skulls? You know I have your back, but my dad wants me to lay low for a while, especially since we just barely escaped jail time the last go around.”

Cherry was referring to the time she and her father helped Blaze and Axel Stone take down the Y syndicate. Adam was the only one still affiliated with law enforcement at the time whereas after the arrest of Mr. and Ms. Y, Axel, Blaze, and Cherry were all charged with aggravated assault, battery, and destruction of public property after taking down an entire corrupt cop unit and a dirty Commissioner during their crusade. The precinct’s connection to the Syndicate was soon exposed, but the city decided that someone had to take the fall for the appearance of Wood Oak City being a lawless metropolis of never-ending violence. That person was Axel Stone, who willingly took all the blame so that his friends could continue their lives. He was incarcerated upstate.

Blaze thought about her former partner for a moment before she answered. “I’m not talking about vigilante justice. That is a relic of the past. Clearly, the only ones in the world that can get away with being vigilantes now are those winged monsters haunting New York City.”

“The gargoyles? You really believe those things are real?” asked Cherry.

“After all the things I have seen, I wouldn’t rule it out,” answered Blaze. “Whether they are real or not, they still illuminate a truth I’m coming to realize.”

“Which is?”

“The only way to get things done is to live outside the system, removed from it. If I can no longer respect what society has become, why should I conform to its rules?” Blaze wandered.

Cherry did not understand what her friend was saying and figured she was just finding different avenues to vent her frustrations. But the truth would become evident soon.

A few days later, Sterling Shaw was found in a garbage bin and put in a coma. The investigation of his attack led Detective Gase, a young up and comer in the Wood Oak City Police Department, to Blaze Fielding’s doorstep. He wasn’t sure if she was involved in his assault, but given her history, she probably had at least some insight or valuable information.

Detective Gase never made it back to the station and was found a week later beaten within an inch of his life and paralyzed from the waist down. Blaze Fielding had disappeared off the grid and the rumors started that perhaps the former officer had gone rogue in the most dangerous way.

The newly installed Commissioner wanted answers but looked for help outside her own city. She reached out to an old friend from her days in the academy, Maria Chavez. Maria was now Chief of Detectives of the 23rd District in New York. Maria sent her best detective to Wood Oak City, a detective that Maria swore had both relentless determination and unimpeachable character.

Detective Elisa Maza entered into the Commissioner's office for a full briefing. 

The Commissioner smiled. “Welcome Eliza, Maria tells me nothing but good things.”

“Likewise,” replied Elisa. “Although I’m still not sure why I’m here. It looks like you have more than enough detectives at your disposal.”

The Commissioner was frank in her response. “It’s because of the target of your investigation.” She placed Blaze’s file on the desk in front of Elisa. “Her name is Blaze Fielding, and she was once a cop in this city. On two different occasions, in fact. She also partook in some extremely violent crusades against organized crime on at least four different occasions. She left the force once before, disgusted by the rampant corruption that once plagued Wood Oak. She came back a couple years later, determined to make a difference, until she was kicked off the force before the most recent tussle with organized crime.”

Elisa looked through Blaze’s file. “She seems like an incredible woman. Why was she kicked off the force?”

“For refusing to take anger management classes to address her rage,” replied the Commissioner.

Elisa chuckled as she read one of the reports. “It says here that she was told to take the classes after she punched the former Commissioner.”

“She did much more than punch him the next time they met,” the new Commissioner informed. “That is why you are here. My predecessor was a dirty cop, and Blaze helped expose plenty of dirty cops over the years. Dirty cops who I’m sure still have friends on the force who would love nothing more than to take Blaze down by any means necessary.” The Commissioner sighed. “Recent events seem to indicate that Miss Fielding has become consumed by her rage and is now a danger to everyone, not just criminals. But I do not know who in the WOCPD I can trust to investigate this case honestly. So, with your boss’s permission, I am turning this case over to you.”

I have to go with one of my childhood crushes. I don't really think Elisa would win, but I don't think I can vote against her.

Very good entry, Johnny. Welcome back! :) 

Can't believe I've never played a Streets of Rage game, but between reading her bio on the Wiki and this match and seeing her in action, it looks like she didn't have that far to go to make that heel turn.  I think you definitely get a good feel for both her and Elisa in the story. 

As for the match, I think Elisa will find out Blaze's whereabouts, but it might be pretty tough for Maza to bring Fielding in if the latter's really gone rogue. It looks like Blaze is physically superior and a slightly better fighter, as well as more ruthless and handier with melee weapons. Elisa's dealt with tough odds before, such as soloing five mercenaries and holding her own against various creatures to a point, but she fairly often needed help with the latter.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - Twogunkid
4.30 - broadwaybeyonder
4.80 - DSkillz
4.90 - Boratz
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.00 Total Combined Score
23.00 / 5 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE