Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18449 Rosalina vs. D'Vorah

Macklemore

"Can't say I've ever seen you this violent before, Mario," said Bowser, locking eyes with Mario who had his hands deep in the chest of a nameless Tarkatan warrior. "It was-a never needed before, Bowser," he said, as he pulled his hands back, blood softly spluttering out but not with enough force to stain his overalls in tainted blood. "When me and you fight, we have-a the principles. No civilians harmed. Even when you kidnap Peach, she never comes back home with any bruises," he says, as he pulls a mushroom out and consumes it, growing to the size of the corpse lying before him. Taking into account Mario's words, Bowser can only utter a guttural "Fair," as he runs directly into the path of a large Shokan warrior. As he is about to slam into the four armed monstrosity in front of him, his thoughts race to Peach, Daisy and Rosalina, who have sneaked into the portal which seems to be endlessly pouring out Outworld invaders in the hopes of coming up with a diplomatic end to this problem.

MEANWHILE IN OUTWORLD

"I can't recall seeing anything like those.... things!" Daisy states, shivering at the thought of her last interaction.

"Daisy, do you think that maybe your reaction to that princess taking off her mask caused her to react harshly?" Peach says, almost scolding her for her natural reaction.

"You-... You can't blame this on me. Being surprised by teeth twice this size," Daisy says, putting her pointer finger up to Peach's eyes, which causes Peach to lightly slap Daisy's hand away, "and infinitely more pointy is something that should be inherently expected. If you ask me, she was looking for any reason to attack, and you can blame me for that, but even if I didn't react like that, someone else would do any one thing that makes her mad which will lead to the attack anyway."

"You're right," Rosalina interjected. "She didn't seem to be in the right state of mind. I want to say it's one of our enemies taking control of a world we have never heard of," Rosalina says as she looks around the desolate wasteland of Outworld, scrunching her face up as she inhales the stench of pure evil, "but this place doesn't even seem to be from the same universe as us."

As soon as Rosalina had stopped speaking, the trio realized that there was no reason to pursue further conversation. The images of their Mushroom Kingdom servants, Sarasaland servants and Lumas being ravaged by cannibalistic, vaguely human monstrosities was still fresh in everyone's mind and no matter how hard they tried to elevate their mind and decrease their stress through meaningless chit chat, the more they found themselves back to square one and talking about what exactly caused this invasion in the first place. Of course, everyone had their theories, but no one wanted to speak up out of fear of breaking down in front of the other two, but more so cause of the fear that they were being watched.

"We've... been walking for quite some time now, haven't we?" Daisy said, awkwardly chuckling as she took the initiative.

"I don't know who rules this place, but I expected something like my castle to lead the way. As it stands right now, we're... we're just walking aimlessly. Do you think Mario is safe?" Peach asks, her eyes immediately darting to Rosalina, who sighs.

"I wish I could keep your optimism right now, Peach, but truth be told I do not know. We're faced with a strange enemy, one we have never met before," Rosalina says.

"Never met before? I don't think I've had dreams as horrible as what we witnessed out there," Daisy interjects.

"Exactly my point, Daisy," Rosalina responds. "At the moment, these people have a hierarchy, but they are... savages. I don't understand. I wish to learn more about these invaders out of my own morbid curiosity, but I also wish to teach them. Better them. Can I really blame them all for this, or should I blame the leader of the invasion solely?"

The sound of buzzing drowns out whatever was left of the poignant conversation, as a humanoid insect descends from the sky and stops the aimless wander of the princess trio dead in its tracks. "This One believes you overstep your boundaries of who you can and cannot rule," says the insect as she opens her mouth wide open, causing a swarm of insects to fly out and attach themselves to Daisy luscious, brown hair, who immediately goes wide eyed as soon as she realizes what happens.

As D'Vorah's feet touch the ground, Daisy slaps her hair around and runs in a circle, yelling out "GET THEM OUT, GET THEM OUT," her eyes fully closed as she slowly becomes more and more unaware of her immediate surroundings.

"Stop, stop, DAISY STO-," is the last thing Peach can say as Daisy slams face first into Peach, causing both of them to tumble down a rocky hill, both of them being knocked out by the force of the sudden stop against a rock.

"They stopped. They will make a nice meal," D'Vorah says as she opens her mouth up as the bugs that were on Daisy's body suddenly pour into the small opening of the insectoids body, "after I'm done with you, princess," she says, a very clear mocking tone in her voice.

"You will regret not taking the diplomatic route," says Rosalina as she gets ready for the incoming battle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosalina wishes to not go all out as she is under the impression D'Vorah is the leader of the invasion. D'Vorah is fighting for a good meal. Who wins?

Ooh, tough. Rosalina is implied to be quite powerful, and if she has her Smash moves she could put up a good fight. However not going all out might hurt her chances here. I sort of want to say Rosalina still, as she is powerful. 

Though I might be a bit prejudice as Rosalina's my wife's fave Mario character and I've gotten a soft spot for her too, and I hate D'Vorah. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Rosalina is implied to be quite powerful,

Yeah, I've seen the Mario Golf feats of hers, but they're kind of weird in the sense that it's such a huge power boost to take into account willy nilly when she's never demonstrated anything remotely as powerful.

Welcome back, Macklemore! :) This is very good for your first CBUB match. Everyone I'm familiar with is right in-character (except for Mario pulling off Mortal Kombat-esque fatalities, of course, but the occasion calls for it). 

As for the match, I'm barely familiar with Rosalina or D'Vorah, as I've only played the first world of Super Mario Odyssey and looked up D'Vorah for a Fantasy Draft match. From what I can see, though, D'Vorah is more like an underling for one of MK's big bads, and Rosalina might have power that at least rivals those Outworld or Netherrealm higher-ups. Given that, I think Rosalina takes this if she doesn't hold back too much.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid
3.50 - Mercenaryblade
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
4.80 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
22.00 Total Combined Score
22.00 / 5 = 4.40 Final Rating on the match