Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Best of Seven Series - Lemillion vs. Nightwing

SSJRuss

Verse City Crisis Units, otherwise known as The League Project. To protect the omni-verse and its central hub, Verse City, the overseers formed dozens of teams by plucking heroes from worlds near and far. In their combined efforts, they serve to protect their worlds and ours while also learning the value of teamwork and leadership.

This was many years ago. Verse City has gotten bigger since then. And a whole lot more dangerous. The overseers had to create more and more teams to face the overwhelming threats. And because of this action, crisis units unionized. As their own organization, they could make their rules and have some control. Sure, their focus was to save the omni-verse, but that doesn't mean they can't want more. And maybe be a little competitive?

The question asked by every little boy and girl living in Verse City was the same "Which Crisis Unit is the strongest?" "This team is so much better than that team!" "Which unit does the best job?"

One way to find out is ranking. And to do that they need to test themselves against one another.

In a joint effort by Overseers Aslan of Narnia, The Luminous Being, and Morgan Freeman- a battle system was created. Through a series of gauntlets and direct combat, each team competes against one another at a time. The winners will be put into a 'winner's circle' if you will, and will battle it out to score the most wins for their team. The losing teams will fight other losing teams and also score points, eventually moving into the 'winner's circle' once they've earned a spot.

The points system, once started, would make more sense in time. For now, it is a start.

The next point of contest was where to hold such fights? The Void Universe? The tournament arena? The Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

No.

Enter the Looper's Battle Ground. The perfect location to test one's skill. Through the power of the Zero Point, a arena is constructed. Here, no matter the damage one takes, the combatants will be reset after the contest. Even death isn't permeant in this place. And it didn't need to be televised... well it didn't need to be live at least. Verse City Network had to make a deal or two to get a camera in there.

The arena, resembling a Pokémon gym with everchanging terrain, serves as the stage. On either side are ordinary bleachers where the respective team members will sit until their turn. No interference is allowed, less they forfeit for their entire team.

Above stands a holo-screen, displaying the current scores, and a Verse City Referee. Just to make sure this whole thing is official.

Each team will choose a member of their own to fight. Each member gets one fight, so win or lose, they are out of play. The first team to four wins is declared the overall victor.

BEST OF SEVEN:

TEAM Nightwing  (0)   VS    TEAM American Dream  (0)

Nightwing                    Jonathan Joestar

Thane Krios                                Ben Reilly

Cat in the Hat                                Lemillion

Kikaider 01                               Spyro

Hellboy                         American Dream

Black Rock Shooter                     Shina/Marvel

Annabeth Chase                  Cade Skywalker

American Dream took in the arena, held her breath, then let it go as she turned to her teammates. "So, we're finally doing this. Is everyone ready?"

"Absolutely!" Lemillion saluted to his captain, a motion he was overly comfortable with. "I've been practically dying for this contest!"

Dream smiled, "Eager as always. How about the rest of you?"

The team gave a healthy nod or battle cry, save for Cade Skywalker who appeared sleeping on the bleacher. "Of course," thought Dream. She considered giving him a smack with her shield, but didn't want to make her team look dysfunctional in front of the opponents. If everything went well, Cade wouldn't even need to battle.

"Dream, I know you are captain, but I think it's best if I go first. It's the gentlemen thing to do," said Joestar.

The team didn't know what the other team was capable of, so strategy wise it didn't matter which of them started. Each of them were formidable in their own right and above that, she believed in them. They were going to win.

"I don't see why-" Dream started to say but cut herself off, remembering Lemillion's words. He really wanted to prove himself, more so than the others. "Actually, Lemillion will go first."

Joestar and Lemillion looked equally shocked. "But why?" Asked Joestar.

"Because, he wants to start. And I want you to analyze the competition and the battle. See how they play it and figure if they have any overlapping powers or techniques we can find."

The group agreed, with Lemillion heading to the center arena.

Nightwing wasn't overjoyed by this game at all.

Sure, he helped all the units unionize and organize but that's what he was good at, you know? It's what he knows. He doesn't know anything about the team across from him. One of them was a dragon and two of them wore superhero outfits, which told Nightwing that he was probably biting off more than he can chew.

I mean, look at his team. He fights alongside a little girl that carries a gun three times her size. And don't get him started on the talking ca-

"Dick?" Annabeth broke Nightwing's trance and brought his mind to the present. "There ready to start. Who do you want to go first?"

With some effort, Nightwing turned to them with a look of udder confidence and said, "Me. We're starting with me."

"That's not what we talked abou-" It was Nightwing's turn to interrupt. "It's cool. I'll set the mood and tell them we're not messing around. Don't you guys worry... I know what I'm doing."

With that, Nightwing met his opponent in the middle of the arena. And at the sound of the bell, the fight began.

Hope you all like this content!

Also, if you have any ideas for what these team names should be, shout it out! I have no idea what else to call them other than by who leads it but I want something better.

20 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Don't know about half the people on the teams. including Lemillion. have to look him up before I can vote.

Here's the quick and easy. And yeah I figured some of the characters might be a stretch for some. I'll take half lol.

Basically it's the question of can Nightwing overcome Lemillion's quirk/powers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/7w2bmx/respect_lemillion_my_hero_academia/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

3 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Here's the quick and easy. And yeah I figured some of the characters might be a stretch for some. I'll take half lol.

Basically it's the question of can Nightwing overcome Lemillion's quirk/powers?

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/7w2bmx/respect_lemillion_my_hero_academia/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Nothing Nightwing can't handle. He could lose but Lemellion isn't beyond his capabilities.

34 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Nothing Nightwing can't handle. He could lose but Lemellion isn't beyond his capabilities.

He's dealt with powered foes before and came out on top. But he is going to have to figure out the weakness of the quirk fast or he'll get beat.

Good set-up, Russ. Depending on the match-ups, this could be a interesting storyline.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:07 PM, SSJRuss said:

With some effort, Nightwing turned to them with a look of udder confidence and said, "Me. We're starting with me."

Heh, Dick almost let his exasperation show there. 

As for the match, yeah, Nightwing's beaten some tough foes, but I'm not sure he could beat someone with very good combat skill in a straight fight that just might outclass him physically by as much as Lemillion seems to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, Russ. Depending on the match-ups, this could be a interesting storyline.

Heh, Dick almost let his exasperation show there. 

As for the match, yeah, Nightwing's beaten some tough foes, but I'm not sure he could beat someone with very good combat skill in a straight fight that just might outclass him physically by as much as Lemillion seems to.

Thanks D.

I think one thing on Nightwing's side here is his experience. He's a bit older than Lemillion and has more harrowing battles under his belt that he learned from at this point. Once Dick figures he is outmatched, I can see him strategizing.

I like this arc. I give the match a 5.0.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.30 - broadwaybeyonder
4.60 - leroypowell3
4.50 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.40 Total Combined Score
18.40 / 4 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Lemillion: 2