Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18269 Henery Hawk vs. Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol)

Foghorn Leghorn ran at a breakneck pace past the fields as Barnyard Dawg chased after him barking and snarling.  Eventually the rope the dog was tied to reached it’s limit, and Barnyard was yanked backwards with a yipe.  He strained and growled to reach Foghorn, who casually walked up to him and smacked him in the face with the back of his wing.  “AHHHHHH SHATTUP!” 

Foghorn chuckled to himself as he left the enraged dog pulling on his rope.  “That dog just never learns.  You have to get up pretty early in the morning to get one up on yours trulEEEP!”  Foghorn’s bragging was interrupted as he found himself yanked upwards by the leg.  He looked up to see his foot caught in a rope slung over a branch of a tree.  He followed the rope down to where a small bird held the other end with a determined look in his eye.  “Now what’s, I say, what’s the big idea?!” Foghorn blustered at bird.  Henery pulled on the rope to lift Foghorn higher off the ground.  “Don’t try any funny stuff!” he grunted.  “You’re a chicken, and I’m a chickenhawk!  I’ve caught ya, and now I’m gonna take you home and eat ya!” 

Foghorn rolled his eyes, feeling the blood rushing to his head.  “One of these days I’ll have enough stamps to put on this boy to make sure they don’t keep sending him back,” he muttered to himself.  Henery tied the end of the rope to the tree, then marched over to Foghorn.  “Now what do you say, chicken?” Henery said to his upside-down quarry.  “Do you want to be fried, roasted, or fricasseed?” 

“Now, look here, son,” Foghorn said, his mind racing.  “You don’t want some scraggly, old chicken like me.  You want a bird with some meat on the bone.  A chicken that’s good to the last bite.  That sound good to you, boy?”  Henery Hawk’s mouth watered as he nodded his head excitedly.  “Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!”  Foghorn looked all around him from his upside-down position.  “Well, son, you are in luck.  Luck, that is!  I happen to know just the chicken you want.  And they are uh, well, they are…”  Foghorn looked up at the sky and his eyes widened.  Flying over the barn, looked what appeared to be a woman with wings.  She soared on a thermal and circled the farmhouse.  Foghorn pointed excitedly.  “There she is, son!  One Grade A, cornfed chicken!”  Henery’s eyes bulged at the sight of the woman as she flew towards the forest near the farm.  “Holy Toledo!  That’s the most amazing chicken I’ve ever seen!” 

“Well, than what are you waiting for son?  Go get her!”  Henery started off for the woods as fast as his small legs could carry him.  “Here, chick, chick, chick, chick!  Here, chick, chick, chick!” 

“Um, boy?”  Henery turned to see Foghorn still hanging upside-down from the tree.  “Would you mind untying me so I don’t have to wait ‘till autumn to fall?”  Foghorn’s face brightened as he laughed.  “Ha!  Autumn!  Fall!  That’s a joke, son!  MMPH!!”  Henery swiftly untied the rope and let Foghorn fall to the ground headfirst.  Henery then took off for the woods with the rope, leaving a dazed Foghorn behind him.  “Joke…that is.” 

Hawkgirl landed on a sturdy branch of an oak tree to rest.  It felt good to get be off duty and away from the Watchtower.  The Justice League had been facing so many crises it was nice to have some time to herself for a while.  She put her back to the trunk of the tree and closed her eyes, but still thoughts plagued her mind.   She remembered her and John’s time on Kalanor and John’s struggles to re-master his ring.  Try as she might, Hawkgirl could not deny that she was developing feelings for him.  But she knew she couldn’t express them.  There was someone else, and she had a mission to complete.  One that neither John nor the League could understand or accept. 

Hawkgirl’s daydreaming was interrupted by the feeling something tugging on her leg.  She instantly snapped awake, and pulled out her mace, the Nth metal crackling with energy.  She looked down to see a rope looped around her ankles and Henery Hawk on the ground holding the other end.  “Okay, chicken!  I’ve got ya now!”  Hawkgirl looked in disbelief at the talking bird.  “And just who are you supposed to be?” 

“I’m a chickenhawk!  I’m here to catch me a chicken, and you’re it!” 

“Umm, I am?” 

“Yeah!  And now I caught ya, I’m gonna cook ya and eat yat!  So are you gonna come quietly, or do I gotta muss you up?”  Hawkgirl sat stunned with her mace held above her head.  Then she burst out laughing. 

Henery glared up at Hawkgirl as she desperately tried to regain her composure.  “Hahaha!  Ahem!  I’m sorry, kid.  I’ve just…MMPH!  Never been eaten befohahahaha!”  Hawkgirl fell back against the tree trunk laughing, letting her mace hang loose from her hand.  Henery tightened his grip on the rope.  “So, a wise guy, huh?  Well, okay then, chicken!  You asked for it!”  Henery gave a mighty tug on the rope, yanking Hawkgirl off of her perch.  The sudden pull caught her off guard and sent her head whipping backwards into the tree.  She saw stars as her mace slipped through fingers and fell to the ground, followed shortly by herself.  She kicked her feet loose from the rope and started to feel around blindly on the grass for her mace on her hands and knees.  “Alright, pipsqueak!” she said, no longer amused.  “I’ve tried being a good sport, but now I’m done playing around with…” 

Hawkgirl’s eyes began to clear just as she turned around and saw Henery.  The chickenhawk held the Nth metal mace, almost staggering under the size of it.  “Hey, chicken!  What’s this supposed to be?  Some kind of chicken baseball bat?”  Hawkgirl scrambled forward, hand outstretched to try to grab the mace.  “Don’t mess around with that!  You give it to me right now!”  Henery Hawk thought for a moment, then nodded.  “Alright then, chicken!  Here it comes!” 

BOOOOOONG! 

Henery swung the mace and caught Hawkgirl right on the chin.  She was sent careening through the upper branches of a tree before crashing back down to Earth in a pile of leaves and shrubbery.  “OK!  That’s it!” she fumed.  She reached for her earbud communication device.  “Watchtower!  This is Hawkgirl!  I could use some…” 

The tree she was hiding behind exploded into kindling with the strike of the Nth metal mace.  Hawkgirl took to the air as Henery waved the mace in excitement.  “I’ve got a chicken on the run!  Here, chick, chick, chick, chick!”  Hawkgirl looked down at the rapidly expanding clearing when she heard J’onn’s voice.  “Hawkgirl?  We lost your signal.  Do you require assistance?”  Hawkgirl thought for a moment.  Surely she didn’t need the League’s help to deal with one, dumb bird.  Besides, he stole her mace.  Now it was personal.  “Negative, J’onn,” she replied, spreading her wings.  “I’ve got this under control.”  With that, Hawkgirl dived back into the forest. 

OK:

Both at full strength.  Henery starts with Hawkgirl’s mace. 

Whoever subdues the other and claims the mace, wins. 

Game On! 

• Like 1

I like the match. I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that toonforce would be negated by Nth metal. We've never seen it do something like that.

This is a good match and again another surprise, though DC likes their crossovers with toons, don't they? I think one on one, Hawkgirl should win but because she doesn't have a way to counter Henery, I might have to give him the win.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - SSJRuss
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.50 Total Combined Score
14.50 / 3 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Henery Hawk: 1
Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol): 2

THE BOTTOM LINE

Hawkgirl dodged tree branches and swooped down towards Henery.  The chicken Hhawk swung the mace over his head.  “Come and get it, chicken!”  Hawkgirl grabbed hold of the mace and took off into the sky, leaving Henery dangling from the leather strap.  They cleared the treetops and Hawkgirl picked up speed as she headed back towards the barn.  “Hey!  Cut it out!  Let me down!” Henery squawked.  “I haven’t learned how to fly yet!” 

“Then let me teach you!” Hawkgirl shouted.  She swung her arm and tossed the mace ahead of her.  Henery lost his grip and was sent cartwheeling through the air.  Hawkgirl expertly caught the mace in her right hand and the chicken hawk in her left.  She hung suspended in mid-air for a moment, threw Henery above her head, and then swung the mace like a tennis player delivering a serve. 

The small chicken hawk was sent careening back down to Earth before crashing into Barnyard Dawg’s doghouse.  Hawkgirl landed next to the pile of kindling, as Henery lay dazed on top of an even more confused Dawg. 

“Wha… what happened?” Dawg stammered.  Hawkgirl gave a look of satisfaction as Henery gathered himself.  “You’ve had enough, shorty?” 

“Haha!  You gotta, I say, you gotta be careful of these chickens, son!” 

Hawkgirl, Henery, and Dawg turned to see Foghorn Leghorn leaning against the fence.  “Yes, sir!  These chickens sure are tricky fellas, aren’t they?”  Hawkgirl raised her mace threateningly at Foghorn.  “What’s the matter with you…um, people?   I am NOT a chicken!  I am Hawkgirl!  I’m a member of the…” 

“Hawkgirl?!” Henery slid off of Dawg and gingerly walked over to Hawkgirl, eyes wide.  “You mean you’re a hawk?  Like me?”  Hawkgirl glanced at Foghorn, who was looking more and more guilty, then back to Henery.  “Yes, I am, in a way.  You are chicken hawk, and I’m a Thanagarian hawk.”  Henery whirled on Foghorn.  “You told me she was a chicken!”  Barnyard Dawg rose up onto his paws and growled.  “You the reason this pipsqueak smashed my house?!” 

Foghorn chuckled nervously.  “Well, you see, I say, you see there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for all this, boys.” 

“And what’s that…chicken?” Henery asked dangerously. 

“I’ll uh… have it for you a minute!  Oh!  Look at the time!  Gotta run!” 

Foghorn sprinted for the barn.  Barnyard Dawg chased after him barking furiously.  Hawkgirl shook her head as the dog continued his pursuit of the rooster around the farm.  She felt Henery tugging on her leg.  “Hey!  Hawkgirl?”  She got on one knee next to Henery.  “What is it?” 

“Um, could I borrow your baseball bat for a minute?  I’ll give it back, and I won’t cook ya and eat ya.  I promise!”

Hawkgirl grinned and handed the mace to Henery.  “Sure, kid.  Have a ball.”  Henery grabbed the mace and took off toward the barn.  “I’m gonna have more than a ball!” he shouted back to Hawkgirl.  “I’m gonna have me a chicken!”  Hawkgirl chuckled and flew up to the roof of the barn.  She observed as the dog and chicken hawk chased after the rooster.  She’d step in to reclaim her mace and keep anyone from being eaten… after an hour or two. 

• Haha 1

Wow, I've been gone for awhile. 

Another good set-up, broadway and good CBUB debut for Henery Hawk. Sorry I missed out on rating and voting on this one. The participants, as usual, are right in-character. 

As for the match, the final vote had Shayera pegged right as the winner here. Yeah, Henery has toonforce, but it never really was as powerful as, say, Bugs or Droopy. Once Henery caught his chicken (or at least who he was told was a chicken), it tends to wear off until he's told of Foghorn's scheme. Plus, he was dealing with Hawkgirl, who's smarter than Leghorn ever was, and her (deus ex) mace, so this was almost a forgone conclusion. 

• Like 1