Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

Rumble 20547 UNSC Pillar Of Autumn vs. Re Verse vs. Lotta Litter
MATCH SCORE
UNSC Pillar Of Autumn: 1
Re Verse: 3
Lotta Litter: 0

Match 18242 Kitana vs. Widowmaker

In the private chambers of her fortress, Kitana  stood gazing into an ornate floor length mirror.  She took a deep breath as to gather herself as she examined the light blue robes and coronet she wore.  “Are you prepared, empress?”  Kitana turned at the sound of the familiar voice.  Jade stood at the doorway to the room, holding her staff casually across her shoulders.  Kitana gave a small smile.  “It is still strange to hear that.   But I am grateful that I have you here by my side, Jade.” 

“You are certain to need it today,” Jade said, crossing the room to Kitana.  “To engage in negotiations with Tarkatans is practically as dangerous as kombat.” 

“But it must be done.  Baraka must be made to stop these raids.  We cannot secure a unified Outworld by allowing petty squabbles to continue.”  Jade nodded.  “You’re right, Kitana.  The problem will be to make Baraka see that.” 

The two Edenians were interrupted by the sounds of lumbering footsteps running down the hall.  The doorway was instantly filled by the enormous frame of Torra.  Ferra scrambled off his shoulders and scurried to Kitana and Jade.  “Big Bossy!  Big Teeth have ‘rived!  Lots and lots!”  Kitana and Jade shared a look before Kitana addressed Ferra.  “Have they been met by our guards?” 

“Yes!  They no fight.  If do, Torr will make ‘em go crunch crunch!”  Torr grunted in agreement, and Kitana put on a blue cape.  “Very well, then.  Let’s not keep our ‘allies’ waiting.”  Ferra bowed and ran back to Torr.  “Allies.  Huh.  Big Teeth lies,” she muttered. 

The air was tense in the fortress courtyard.  20 Tarakatans stood with Baraka, surrounded on all sides by Kahn guards and 4 Shokan warriors.  Erron Black looked on from the entrance to the palace as Kitana, Jade, and Ferra/Torr came out.  “Got them under control, your highness,” Black said.  “They try any funny business, will cut ‘em down.” 

“Pray to the Elder Gods that won’t be necessary,” Kitana said.  Kitana and her entourage walked down the palace steps and approached the Tarkatan delegation.  She could hear the hisses and snarls of the other Tarkatans as Baraka growled at her. 

“Kitana Kahn!  Is this what you meant by ‘negotiation’?” 

“My apologies, Baraka.  Understand I meant no disrespect.  But we must have assurances that these meetings will be civil.” 

Baraka spat on the ground.  “Don’t treat me like a fool, Kitana!  The Tarkatans are here to reclaim what is rightfully ours!  Those scum had no place in our lands!”  Kitana’s jaw tightened as she continued.  “You are correct, Baraka.  Those farmers should not have crossed into your territory.  But to use that as a reason to slaughter them and now anyone else who approaches the wasteland will only force you into a battle you cannot hope to win.”  The growls of the Tarakatans grew louder as Baraka glared at Kitana.  “Then we will die with your blood on our blades!”  Baraka extended his arm blade and raised it high.  The guards all braced themselves to charge into the Tarkatans. 

“STAND DOWN!” Kitana shouted.  The courtyard fell silent, as Tarakatans and Kitana’s followers stood frozen at the ready.  Kitana looked into the eyes of Baraka.  “Baraka, if you were so prepared to die, than why would you accept my offer to meet with me?  The Tarkatans are not the horde they once were.  All you would achieve from a fight would be the end of your race.  You must realize this.”  Baraka snarled in Kitana’s face, but then slowed his breathing and sheathed his blades.  “Tarkatans do not fear battle.  We desire to be left alone, to follow our rituals, our ways.” 

“And that can be arranged.  But let us speak of it inside.  Do not let your desire for bloodshed overrule the pride you have for your race.”  Baraka gave a final hiss then nodded in agreement.  Ferra looked disappointed down at Torr.  “Aw.  No playtime, Torr.”  Jade gave a short sigh of relief, her gaze looking out over the guards and Tarkatans.  But then something caught her eye.  From one of the fortress’ towers, she could have sworn she saw a flash of light.  She squinted and saw it again, from the window of the tower.  Jade’s eyes widened as she spun around. 

“KITANA!”  Jade leapt in front of KItana just as the sound of a rifle shot echoed through the courtyard.  Kitana stood in shock at the sight of Jade falling to the ground, blood coming out of a wound in her shoulder.  Instantly the Kahn guards started shouting orders and held their weapons at the ready.  “It’s at trap!” bellowed one of the Shokan.  “Take the Tarakatans!” 

“NO!” Kitana yelled. 

“Tarkata!  hak doh’RAH!” At Baraka’s command, the Tarkatans unsheathed their blades and charged into the guards.  One Tarkatan lunged for Kitana as she cradled Jade’s body in her arms, only for a bullet form Erron Black’s pistols to be lodged in his skull.  “Let’s get you out of here!” he said, offering his hand to Kitana.  But she pushed it away.  “I’m not running away!  You get Jade to safety.  Her wound must be treated immediately.  Take her!  Quickly!”  Black shook his head, but picked up Jade anyway and ran with her back to the palace. 

Kitana looked around the chaos in the courtyard as Ferra gleefully cheered on Torr to batter Tarkatans.  The empress looked up to the tower where she thought the bullet had come from, and could see a figure dressed in purple climbing out the window and swinging out onto a nearby rooftop.  Her eyes filled with rage, Kitana cast aside her Kahn crown and robes, revealing her blue outfit beneath.  She unfurled her fans and charged through the melee, somersaulting over the crowd up to the battlements.  She looked out on the city to see that the mysterious figure had vanished.  In her heart, Kitana swore an oath on her friendship with Jade: she would find this assassin and finish her personally. 

OK:

Both Kitana and Widowmaker are at full strength. 

Widowmaker has got a head start on Kitana. 

Whoever finds and finishes the other first, wins. 

Game On! 

Widowmaker. 🥰

Anyway, I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 8:14 PM, Venom 2009 said:

Widowmaker. 🥰

4 hours ago, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Kitana: 2
Widowmaker: 1

Widowmaker! NO! 😭

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

The citizens of Outworld pointed to the sky as Widowmaker grappled from rooftop to rooftop.   There were shouts of alarm as they hurried out of the way of Kitana as she ran full speed down the street.  The sniper swung down to earth and around a corner.  Kitana followed with her fans at the ready. 

Kitana stopped short at the sight of the alley leading to a dead end.  She slowly stepped further in, and heard a beeping sound just before a Venom Mine exploded.  Kitana starting coughing as the toxic fumes filled the alley.  From the rooftop Widowmaker looked down with satisfaction through her Infra-Sight.  She took aim with her sniper rifle at the figure struggling through the gas cloud. 

But then another cloud of gas emerged, and when it had dissipated, the figure had gone.  Widowmaker was confused.  The Infra-Sight allowed her to see through solid walls.  It couldn’t be obscured by her own Venom Mines.  Distracted by this thought, Widowmaker was unaware of what happened… 

Until Kitana’s fanblade was stabbed into her back.  Kitana stood behind Widowmaker with her mask on and her grip tight on her fan.  She shoved Widowmaker loose, and the assassin fell to rooftop.  Gasping for breath, she converted her weapon into an assault rifle and turned to open fire.  But Kitana was ready for her.  Using her powers to summon a whirlwind, Kitana sent Widowmaker hovering into the air.  Giving a great leap, Kitana came crashing down on her would-be murderer, slamming both fanblades into her chest.  With the whirlwind dispelled, both women fell back into the alley, Kitana somersaulting away as Widowmaker crashed in a bloody heap.   

Kitana strode to the side of the assassin, glaring at the blue skinned woman as she struggled to breathe.  “Who sent you?” she said coldly.  “Answer, and I will give you a quick death!”  Widowmaker gagged and spit out blood.  “O… Over…watch…”  Kitana tilted her head.  “Overwatch?  Who is Overwatch?”  Widowmaker breathing was getting slower, and she could barely register a grimace.  Kitana raised her blades, and brought them both crashing down on Widowmaker’s head. 

Erron Black followed the trail of Kitana’s pursuit to the alley as Kitana emerged sheathing her fans.  “The palace is under control,” he said.  Ferra/Torr and the guards were able to get the Tarkatans under control.  Baraka might need a little more convincing to come to the peace table.” 

“And Jade?” 

“She’s tough.  She’ll live.  Did you catch that lady you were chasin’?”  Kitana glanced back into the alley.  “Yes.  That assassin will not kill again.”  Erron shook his head.  “No disrespect, empress, but how are we going to find out who hired her if she’s dead?”  Kitana shot Erron a look, then walked down the street.  Erron followed after her and the crowds bowed before as she replied to him.  “You are going to find out, Erron Black.  I need you to go Earthrealm.  Find out what you can about something called… Overwatch.” 

• 2 months later...

Gah, wish I had read this one earlier. I'm kinda hoping a sequel might come one day. :) 

• Like 1