MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

The Grand Hunt R1 - Samus Aran vs. Kobolds

SSJRuss

The Grand Hunt

Round ONE

Challenge: DEFEAT THE KOBOLDS

After years of besting space pirates, metroids and smash competitors, Samus needed a change.

She couldn't remember the last time she'd been really challenged or excited by something. Every where she went, it was another parasite or metroid causing problems that she had to fix. Muscle memory blasting those creatures back to extinction just for them to come back.

It was time for a change of scenery. Which is just what Samus got when she received a mysterious invitation to the Grand Hunt competition. At first glance, it looked like another junk file but she gave it a second look and thought this could be something worth her time. Becoming a Grand Hunter across the multiverse? Being crowned a champion? Maybe not her style, but wasn't this the sort of thing she wanted when she first became a bounty hunter all those years ago?

She accepted the call of the grand hunt and met with other hunters at a meeting hall of some sort. To her surprise there weren't many others here, just nine in total. A small number to be crowning a champion from, but perhaps these were the best of the best... 

A man calling himself the ‘The Commissioner’ stood before them and explained the contest. "Here is how this works. Each of you must complete a challenge to move on to the next round. The game ends and a winner is crowned GRAND CHAMPION when the rest of the competitors have failed their challenges."

The Commissioner showed the group three different maps and that each of them would be sent to one of these locations to complete a challenge. Samus never liked going in blind, but she'd built a career from doing just that. She could handle whatever this Commissioner thought he could throw at her. Her power varia suit was well equipped but if she needed to adjust, she had her zero suit underneath.

The screen display told her she was going to 'The Castle'. She couldn't obtain more info, so when the briefing ended she made her way to the transport, ready to get the game started.

The transport vessel magicked her to the start of the castle. It was plain but built well. Her suit gave off lifeforms waiting inside, preparing themselves for battle. The castle was the only landmark around, meaning no help and no vantage. No problem.

Samus charged her gun and took off toward the castle.

Samus must take the castle and defeat the group of Kobolds that control it to win the challenge.

(25 Kobolds with access to spears, shields, swords, bow and arrows, and one or two low level spells.)

13 minutes ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Samus will barely break a sweat here.

I really questioned if I should even use Samus as I know she's really strong and might be too much for this story. But I figured if I'm doing a bounty/big game hunter competition I couldn't leave her out. She's really popular.

That said, yeah, she kicks all the Kobolds asses.

Samus. 🥰

Anyway, I like the match and I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.50 - DSkillz
4.40 - Mercenaryblade
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.90 Total Combined Score
13.90 / 3 = 4.63 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Samus Aran: 4