Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

The Grand Hunt R1 - Hunter (Star Wars) vs. Fortnite Island

SSJRuss

The Grand Hunt

Round ONE

Challenge: SURVIVE FORTNITE ISLAND

Things hadn't been right since the war.

Betrayed by his brothers. Betrayed by the Republic.

Maybe it was time to put the past behind him, Hunter thought. The rest of 99 seemed to have. Take their advice and use his skills to become one of the best hunters in the galaxy.

Didn't seem bad. Make a living and keep a low profile from the Galactic Empire. Easier said than done. Most jobs were either through The Hutt cartel for the empire, neither of them could be trusted. He was a clone after all, He had his own bounty to look out for.

He got by hiding in the further reaches of the outer rim. It was there he heard about this hunting contest. A huge grand prize and notoriety as the champion hunter in the galaxy. That kind of influence and credits would really come in handy.

It didn't take long before Hunter received an invitation and was transported to some suspicious meeting hall, where other hunters sat. Waiting.

Different species of killer filled the room, but Hunter’s focus was on the duro, Cad Bane. Of course he’d be here. The two met eyes despite Hunter wearing his helmet. He sat furthest from Bane, hoping to avoid an early confrontation. Luckily, a well dressed man took the stage in front of the group and addressed them.

"Thank you all for being here," The man started, "This... game of sorts has been a project of mine for some time and I'm glad each of you answered the call. I will keep this brief as I'm sure you're eager to get started."

To Hunter’s surprise, the man kept his word about it being brief. He explained the concept and gave them an idea of how this contest was one of endurance. Hunter figured that suited him just fine.

The others didn’t have much to complain about either. And after a quick demonstration of the holomaps, the hunt was to begin.

“Survive the island?” Hunter thought. Not what he was expecting from a hunt. Perhaps the island was infested? Regardless of the danger, it wouldn’t do him any good to worry about it now. Hunter checked his gear and was ushered to the first challenge.

The mission was simple: Land on the isolated island, get weapons, kill anyone he comes across and survive a battle royale for twenty-two minutes. There was also a storm to avoid, so simple-ish. Hunter rather go into this mess with his usual arsenal, but he could only take his vibroblade. He’d been in worse situations where he had to get gear from the field. He could handle it.

Hunter leapt from the bus and engaged his glider in time to land firmly in the wilds of the island. To his surprise, his opposition was already here. Ahead was a road blocked off by two stormtroopers keeping watch. Armed.

Hunter wasn’t sure if this was luck, but if he had to take out some goons, he was sure glad that it was bucketheads.

Hunter must survive and win a standard (100 player) Battle Royale match of Fortnite.

Just what kind of opposition is Rambo (I mean Hunter) up against. Is 100 player battle royal like 100 people running around killing each other or like computer mods putting around? Do they know what's going on or are they looking for Hunter? Sorry but I just know nothing about Fortnite. I literally still don't even know what it is. A video game?Some kind of cartoon?

6 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Just what kind of opposition is Rambo (I mean Hunter) up against. Is 100 player battle royal like 100 people running around killing each other or like computer mods putting around? Do they know what's going on or are they looking for Hunter? Sorry but I just know nothing about Fortnite. I literally still don't even know what it is. A video game?Some kind of cartoon?

It's a video game. The idea is 100 players are dumped onto an island and must find weapons and kill one another until only one is left. In the game it is 100 players, no bots.

For this match it's the same concept but they aren't hunting Hunter specifically. Everyone is just fighting each other so he doesn't have to kill all of them on his own, but he will have to get through a few of them if he wants to survive.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:24 PM, SSJRuss said:

It's a video game. The idea is 100 players are dumped onto an island and must find weapons and kill one another until only one is left. In the game it is 100 players, no bots.

For this match it's the same concept but they aren't hunting Hunter specifically. Everyone is just fighting each other so he doesn't have to kill all of them on his own, but he will have to get through a few of them if he wants to survive.

That sounds like a cool concept. I see why it's so popular. I'll give this to Rambo (I man Hunter). A bunch of noobs running around is childsplay for him. Sure they'll be some guys with some skills but they never fought in the Clone Wars.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

That sounds like a cool concept. I see why it's so popular. I'll give this to Rambo (I man Hunter). A bunch of noobs running around is childsplay for him. Sure they'll be some guys with some skills but they never fought in the Clone Wars.

Yeah I think he fits this challenge and his particular skills lend to this sort of tracking and hunting game. He can avoid and find other players rather easy I would say.

Also, please excuse my chopping writing in this. I haven't been feeling well but I wanted to get this story out.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

I think Hunter has got this as long as he's not facing other fandom characters.

I mean, that could happen. He already encountered some Stormtroopers so it's possible he could run into the likes of Batman, The Flash, Aloy, The Terminator, etc... But they won't have their person sets and are limited to using guns and melee weapons for combat so Hunter still has as much of a chance as most.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.70 - leroypowell3
4.50 - Mercenaryblade

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.20 Total Combined Score
14.20 / 3 = 4.73 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Hunter (Star Wars): 5
Fortnite Island: 0