Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18108 Vin vs. Korra

Nesh

Years ago, Khazan, the nexus of all realities, closed. It's denizens sent back to their own worlds with no memory of the place, locked into their stories as they were officially written. Then, one day it opened again, and it's peoples came back. Though they still had no memory of their previous lives here. That was how it was meant to be. A fresh start.

However, not all forgot what was. The peoples of Khazan had been sent back to their own worlds, but there were some who had no world to go back to. Some characters came to exist within the nexus itself. Aberrations created by the mingling of worlds. Little thought was given to them when the nexus closed. The few of them there were would simply be forgotten languishing in limbo for all eternity.

Even when Khazan reopened, these anomalies were not restored. A clean slate, the events of old were another era, but nothing is ever truly forgotten. One such aberration, Katie Marek fought to be heard from limbo. She fought to have a chance to be brought back from purgatory. At long last she made a connection.

Vin Venture's eyes shot open as she woke from her sleep. She quickly took in her surroundings, she was in her apartment in Khazan with her husband, Elend Venture. It had been modeled to look like their rooms in Keep Venture back on their home world, albeit with more “modern” amenities. Vin had just woken up from a dream. In it there had been some rather colorful characters she'd never seen before. A white-haired man in a red jacket, some kind of blue thing... Most prominent of all were a pale young man wielding a sword made of light and girl wielding daggers that were like the sword and wearing a mistcloak. All of the figures seemed oddly familiar.

Vin got out of bed and made her way over the computer. She logged into Khazan's citizenship database and navigated to the sci-fi section. Khazan was divided into several districts based on the kind of world you came from, she figured sci-fi was the right place to start looking for those light sword people. If she could find them, it would probably be a good place to start getting answers.

It took a few minutes, but she finally found a match for the young man: Starkiller. She hadn't found anything for the girl though. Elend stirred. “Vin, what's wrong?” he asked.

“Maybe something maybe nothing. I'm not sure yet Elend,” she said.

His eyes moved to the computer screen. “Why are you looking up someone in the sci-fi section?” he asked

“I've been having dreams about him, and other people I'm not sure why, but my gut tells me I need to at least talk to them and try to figure out what's going on. I know I probably sound crazy right now-”

“Vin, stop, I learned to trust your instincts long ago. If you think this important, go ahead. I'll even come with you,” Elend said.

Vin shook her head. “No, I think this is something I have to do on my own.”

“Well, I suppose this is a bit redundant when it comes to you but be careful.” Vin nodded a grabbed her vials of metal and her glass daggers.

Avatar Korra's eyes opened as she ended her meditation, only to find the ghostly figure of her predecessor, Avatar Aang in front of her. Hedre in Khazan she could freely commune with her past lives Korra had been getting visions of a strange group of people, visions that filled her with dread. “Aang are you the one who's been giving me these visions?”

“Indeed, Korra. Something is stirring, something I knew in another existence. Something that centers around Vin Venture of the Fantasy section and Starkiller in Sci-Fi,” the bearded Air Nomad said, “Even now Vin is moving to make contact with Galen. She must be stopped. If she isn't I fear it may cause chaos for all of Khazan.”

“Alright, that doesn't sound like a big deal, I'll try and talk her down,” Korra said.

“I fear it won't be that easy, you will likely have to be... forceful­ with her.”

That's not a problem either.”

Thank you, my younger self would not have been so understanding. Though I must warn you, I am blocking off the Avatar State, Vin was still a friend once, I don't want her to die.”

Korra nodded and made her way toward the Fantasy section. Travel between sections wasn't exactly prohibited, but it didn't happen much outside matches. Still, no one batted an eye as she entered Fantasy, she may have been a Toon, but her universe was also a fantasy. It didn't take long to find Vin, but she waited until the Mistborn entered a plaza with a fountain so she would have access to Waterbending and then used Earthbending to place a stone wall in the flying woman's bath. “Sorry, but I can't let you go any further,” Korra said.

And what exactly gives you that right?” Vin asked.

My past live knows what you're doing, and sent me here to stop you,” Korra said.

If you've got answers about what's happening with me, I'll get them out of you one way or another and if that doesn't work, I'll continue on my way, through you if I have to.”

in another section of Khazan a figure watched the two young women come to blows on CCTV. Hopefully Korra would win this fight and he wouldn't have to worry about this anymore.

Notes: This is End of Series Korra, no Avatar State. Vin is from book 3 no mists, she has her coin pouch, glass daggers, and three vials of metal. She has access to tin, pewter, iron, steel, zinc, brass, electrum, and duralumin. These are the combat relevant ones anyway.

Korra is trying to incapacitate. Vin will kill if she feels she must.

Welcome back, Nesh! 🙂

I like the match. I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Yooo. Always good to see an old Khazan match Nesh. This setting brings me back. Smart way to connect these two with Aang as well, I really liked that.

Both are really tough but Korra will probably lose this first round. She isn't going to have a way to counter some of the special metals Vin has at her disposal.

12 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Yooo. Always good to see an old Khazan match Nesh. This setting brings me back. Smart way to connect these two with Aang as well, I really liked that.

Both are really tough but Korra will probably lose this first round. She isn't going to have a way to counter some of the special metals Vin has at her disposal.

Thinking about making this an arc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nesh said:

If anyone needs any information to come to adecision, let me know.

I do. Korra I know well but Vin not at all. I remember her being used in the past but I don't think anybody gave any actual abilities or accomplishments.

1 hour ago, leroypowell3 said:

I do. Korra I know well but Vin not at all. I remember her being used in the past but I don't think anybody gave any actual abilities or accomplishments.

Found a reddit respect thread. So super strength to the level that she can wield a five foot sword one handed so the sword is about as big as her and jump several feet into the air.  Run the speed of a galloping horse and has reactions to match, same with durability.  Fire coins like bullets, and pretty much fly.  Electrum allows you to see your own possible futures in the range of the next couple seconds.  Duralumin supercharges them but exhausts her ingested reserves.

13 hours ago, Nesh said:

Found a reddit respect thread. So super strength to the level that she can wield a five foot sword one handed so the sword is about as big as her and jump several feet into the air.  Run the speed of a galloping horse and has reactions to match, same with durability.  Fire coins like bullets, and pretty much fly.  Electrum allows you to see your own possible futures in the range of the next couple seconds.  Duralumin supercharges them but exhausts her ingested reserves.

Sounds like a good matchup. I think training and experience would play well into this battle. Korra has been well trained in her powers and had show very good fighting skills.

13 hours ago, Nesh said:

Sounds like a good matchup. I think training and experience would play well into this battle. Korra has been well trained in her powers and had show very good fighting skills.

32 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Yeah, it's a tough fight to call.  Vin also got training from the best in her world and shown amazing prowess.  Both have advantages and disadvantages, and couters to ach other's skill sets.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

Korra not having her avatar state and 'holding back' in the fight with likely cost her the battle. Vin will wound her and leave to her main goal.

Well, if she had the Avatar State, it wouldn't be a fight.

Huh, that blade Vin's wielding in her new profile pic looks a lot like Cloud Strife's Buster Sword, in both build and size. 

Welcome back, Nesh, and good set-up. This does indeed look like a good start for an arc. Not sure the spirit of Aang could hold back the Avatar State from Korra unless she allowed it, though.

As for the match, been a while since I've read a match involving the Mistborn, so I had to look up Mistborns' abilities for probably the first time since the site last closed. Even without the AS, Korra's bending is still very strong. She is also a strong metalbender, so she may initially try to bend the metals in Vin's vials. One has to wonder, though, how many of those metals Korra could actually bend (especially the Mistborn-exclusive ones). Since Vin's power is all about metal use, her allomancy might just overwhelm Korra's metalbending anyway. 

I think Korra gives Vin a good fight, but between Vin's apparent raw power, precog with electrum, and potential ability to affect Korra's emotions with brass, she might just be able to take the AS-less Avatar down.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.90 - leroypowell3
5.00 - SSJRuss
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
24.70 Total Combined Score
24.70 / 5 = 4.94 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Vin: 4
Korra: 3

Well, that certainly was a close one.  Happy to see it.  I'll start work on the next one soon.

• Like 3

Sorry I haven't posted the next match yet; I'm waiting for a character to be approved.

• Like 1

So I might be the only one here that thinks this, but even with Avatar State, I feel Vin would get majority victories here. Vin for the win, since she has the stats to tank a few blows if she gets caught, whereas if Vin lands a blow, it'll likely be more then a glancing one. As an assassin with high precision, this would be fun to watch. Natural talent versus hard-earned skill, but I side with Vin here! Awesome match up!

2 hours ago, Nesh said:

Sorry I haven't posted the next match yet; I'm waiting for a character to be approved.

So, who is the character?

On 4/3/2022 at 6:07 PM, Venom 2009 said:

So, who is the character?

Patrokolos from Soul Calibur V, they've been added now, but for some reason the name isspelled even though I know I sumbitted it correctly.