Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 18072 The Prince (Sands of Time) vs. Bane

SSJRuss

Three strikes followed by a final blow to the chest sent the Prince hard into the coliseum wall. Blackness surrounded his eyesight as he struggled to catch his breath.

“Any final words before I end this?” Yamcha stood over him, pressing the tip of his scimitar into the Prince’s neck.

“Please, Yamcha, you must listen.” The Prince’s voice rang low among the noise of the battle and the crowd.

“I don’t know how you know my name but do you really think I’d listen to you after what you did to Puar? I don’t think so.”

“You don’t know me, at least not here. I’m the Prince of Persia, we were compatriots-”

“Funny story pal but I don’t remember you or whatever Persia is. I don’t have time for this, I have a battle to win.” Yamcha reared back this blade, ready to deal the final blow.

“I can make you rich.”

Yamcha’s arm froze. “Rich?”

Same naive Yamcha. The Prince had used the same tactic before to recruit him for the Army of Light. Let's hope this time works just as smoothly.

“Yes, beyond anything you can imagine.”

Instead of his blade, Yamcha offered a hand. “Deal.”

The Prince accepted the hand. "Really? I didn't think you'd agree so quickly."

"Well Prince of Persia," said Yamcha. "I'm not sure if you've noticed but we don't really have the time to discuss the details. If you make me rich then I guess I don’t really need to be here."

He was correct. This arena was still filled with blood thirsty killers and monsters. Any one of them could turn their sights onto them in an instant. The Prince regained his dagger and asked "I agree. But why are we here at all? I have no recollection of coming here."

Yamcha pointed to the top of the coliseum. “He brought us here.” There stood a throne taller than several of the rows together. In it sat a man larger than life. A god.

"Verethragna…" the Prince was in awe. He had seen much on his adventures. He even laid witness to Kingdom Hearts reformed from its scattered shards. But this was surely a new experience.

Verethragna, the deity of victory and war. There he sat solemn and watched the battle unfold.

“We must work together if we are to survive,” said the Prince. Yamcha nodded in agreement. The two raced to where Puar had fallen, only to find him buried in the sand, his tail poking out in an attempt to hide. Yamcha yanked his friend loose.

"Yamcha!" Puar said in surprise, hugging his friend.

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be ok-EIPP!" Puar jumped back at the sight of the Prince. "He's the one who attacked me!"

The Prince swiftly apologized. But before they could talk further, the trio found themselves surrounded. Gladiators and beasts on all sides, Yamcha and the Prince stood back-to-back.

"Stand back Puar. We can handle this." The cat gave no argument.

"Got any ideas?" Yamcha asked.

The Prince looked to the Dagger of Time. It had plenty of sand left inside, refilled from the rewind. He would still need to use it sparingly, but now seemed as good a time as any. The gladiators lunged and he froze them in time. The Prince made short work of his enemies, moving as if he were Death himself, cleaving through them with his eagle sword.

When time resumed, Yamcha and Puar were stunned to find the gladiators were cut to ribbons. “What the-?” Yamcha asked, “What happened? What did you do?”

The Prince couldn't help but smile. “I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but we don’t really have the time to discuss the details."

“I’m with him, Yamcha. He’s amazing!” Puar cheered.

“Calm down Puar. It was just some trick--”

BOOM! A tremendous sound shook the coliseum. It took a moment for the Prince to realize that it wasn’t thunder, but the voice of Verethragna speaking from his throne.

“That is enough,” the god figure raised his hand to signal the end of the battle. “Stand before me for judgement.”

The trio could see that only they remained standing. Guess that made them the winners.

“Do you think we won, Yamcha?” Puar asking the same question on his mind.

“We’ll find out soon enough,” Yamcha answered, sheathing his sword.

“What happens if we win?” The Prince asked as they approached the front gate of the coliseum, just below the God’s throne.

“He’ll grant us one wish. Anything we desire,” Yamcha said with a perverted grin. Prince could see he was staring at the menagerie of beautiful and exotic women standing around Verethragna. The bandit gets one wish and it’s for a woman. The Prince wanted to judge, but he had thought the same way once before.

Right now, however, he needed to not waste this gifted time with formalities. The Prince stepped forward, "Mighty Verethragna, I wish to speak."

“Hey man, what are you doing?” Yamcha asked.

His question ignored, the Prince continued. “This contest is over. We would like our wish granted.”

The god leaned forward, making sure to get a good look at the Prince. “You smell of ancient magic, mortal. What have you tampered with?”

Well this wasn’t going to go well. "I come from a time of great peril, my Lord. I plead that you aid us, so we may save the multiverse together."

"I have no interest in your cause," Verethragna spat. "My people wish to see one more bout and I shall satisfy them. Face my Champions and test your will to be truly victorious.”

The god gestured with a flick of his wrist and the gate opened. A bright light revealed two figures. One a hulk, the other a small girl.

"Well, that went well. Thanks buddy," Yamcha was none too happy but he got into a fighting stance all the same.

The champions entered the arena, gate locking behind them.

Prince recognized one champion immediately.

Bane.

Venom serum surging into his neck and spine, his outfit changed to reflect his status as a champion of the god of war but still resembled his look of a goon for the Army of Darkness. Of course, Bane would be here. Nothing had to be easy.

The girl he didn't recognize. She looked young for a warrior though. Her features were soft under a partially armored body piece and garments. She brandished twin blades and had the look of determination and seriousness. Maybe she was more dangerous than she appeared. Hopefully Yamcha could deal with her.

"Think you can do that thing again?" Yamcha asked, trying to hide his nervousness.

The Dagger of Time held the sands of time in its hilt. Though much of the hilt was still full, there was no guarantee that he could fill it again on his journey. He couldn't afford to use it now. "It has its limits. I'll take Bane, I've faced him before."

"Trust me, if you'd had faced me before. You'd be dead," Bane looked forward, tossing an unconscious beast to the side with ease.

"Yeah. Okay. You deal with him."

Thanks Yamcha.

• Like 1

Almost missed this. Good set-up, Russ. Good move to have the Prince think to use Yamcha's greed to sway him. 

As for the match, since the Prince has fought Bane before, it's safe to assume he knows his main weakness. Exploiting it won't be easy, though, but the Prince does have previous experience here.

• Like 2

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.70 Total Combined Score
13.70 / 3 = 4.57 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Prince (Sands of Time): 3
Bane: 2

Awesome set up, I really think this would be a fun match to watch unfold; good match up! Let's not forget that Bane is probably the more experienced fighter in general, League training in mind. If Bane could beat Batman 1 v 1, I feel he's more than a match for the Persian Prince.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, G4hardcore said:

Awesome set up, I really think this would be a fun match to watch unfold; good match up! Let's not forget that Bane is probably the more experienced fighter in general, League training in mind. If Bane could beat Batman 1 v 1, I feel he's more than a match for the Persian Prince.

Giving his experience, I would have to agree with you. It can definitely go either way here but he doesn't have the experience of fighting the Prince and that leaves him exposed to his weakness. Glad you liked the set up.