Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 18060 The Prince vs. Yamcha

SSJRuss

The Prince limped down the corridor, blood soaked and dagger at the ready. The palace guards laid in a pile behind him. Any other day he may have reconsidered killing them, but time was not on his side. Not anymore.

The Army of Light failed. The Darkness and their leader, Kazuya Mishima, opened the door to Kingdom Hearts and wielded it. All of reality was being rewritten and remade. World by world, the darkness of that man’s heart consumed everything. If not for the Dagger of Time, the Prince would not have survived.

Now he was the last one left. Outrunning the corruption of the multiverse to make it here for a final chance to save it all.

The Hourglass of Time.

He pushed his weight against the heavy doors, revealing the chamber room before him. The Hourglass stood alone and unguarded, filled with the magical Sands of Time. He wasn’t too late, he realized. The Prince approached the mantle of the hourglass and carefully slid the Dagger of Time into a mechanism, turning the dagger like a key. It worked immediately, the sands glowing and filling the room with its temporal energy.

The Prince thought of his fallen comrades. Fighting Organization XIII with Yamcha and Gex. Collecting the Shards of the Hearts with Mao Mao and Polnareff. Taking the last stand alongside Captain Carter and Superman against the Army of Darkness… so much had happened. So much loss. Now was the time to save them, to stop this dark present from ever happening. With these images in mind, The Prince of Persia activated the Great Rewind. The hourglass shuddered, the sands of time shattering in an instant across the multiverse, turning back time before Kingdom Hearts was opened. Before the Eternity War. Before--

I Don't Want To Die, So I'll Use Up My Sands Of Time

Part 1

The Prince wasn’t sure his plan worked until he woke, finding himself lying face down and covered in sand. The taste of grit and dehydration in his mouth, he spit out sand and struggled to his feet. Instinct kicked in and he clutched his dagger. Still at his side as was his eagle sword. No blood or battle scars. Time heals all wounds.

He got to his feet only to find that something was clear. He was standing in the middle of a battle. Surrounding him was an arena larger than he’d ever seen. Rows of seats filled by a roaring crowd. Millions watched the carnage as warriors plated in silver, brass and gold filled the field around him, fighting with weapons from different eras and worlds. They clashed with great beasts, demons, and each other. The Prince recognized this as a gladiatorial arena, something not uncommon in his time.

But how could this be? He’d never been here in his life. The sands should have only reversed time, not change it completely...

SWISH! An enemy blade caught the Prince’s cheek before he could evade the worst of it. He rolled into his warrior stance, ready for the next attack. His assailant wore heavy Grecian armor and brandished a cutlass bigger than the Prince was tall.

“Have at thee,” the Grecian boasted, swinging the sword again.

This was not what the Prince had in mind when he set out to save the multiverse. He did not need to be here but looking to rebuild the Army of Light. He needed to collect the pieces of Kingdom Hearts before the hands of evil could have the chance.

SWISH! Unfortunately all of that would have to wait. The Prince found the attack was easy to dodge as the Grecian had terrible form and a sluggish swing. He didn’t even need to manipulate time, leaping behind the Grecian and slashing the exposed skin between his armor. The Grecian gave a high pitched yelp and fell to the ground, defeated.

Maybe this won’t be so hard after all. Best I take my leave while I have the chance.

POOF! Smoke covered the fallen Grecian, revealing a blue cat underneath.

Is that-

“Puar!?” The familiar name registered in his mind as someone shouted. The Prince turned to see the desert bandit, Yamcha quickly dispatching a gladiator on his way to his friend’s side.

“Yamcha?” asked the Prince, hoping the bandit would recognize him. The two had served in the Army of Light and had become close before-

“You hurt my best friend, you bastard!”

Of course Yamcha wouldn’t know him now. That was a future that may never occur. Only the Prince would remember.

“I’m sorry, I did not know--” the Prince reached to activate the Dagger of Time, reversing this encounter, but Yamcha reacted first. He tackled the Prince and sent the two of them rolling through the sand. They exchanged blows until eventually separating and getting to their feet.

“Yamcha please, we don’t have to do this-” The Prince pleaded to no avail. Yamcha’s bond with Puar was much stronger than any they shared. The Prince activated his dagger. Or he would have if he hadn’t dropped it in the sand when they were rolling. The hesitation cost the Prince, as Yamcha rushed him, "How about you taste my Wolf Fang Fist!”

I like the setup. I give the match a 5.0.

• Thanks 1

Great to see you making a match, SSJRuss. Very intrigued with what you are putting together here, definitely leaving the door open to do whatever you want really. I just recently purchased the big Kingdom Hearts mix of games because I have not yet played any of them.

As for the match, I know it is hard for some people, including myself to judge Yamcha objectively and not as the comic relief butt of jokes that he became. He is obviously very skilled and the Wolf Fang Fist is no joke. I assume that this is Dragonball Yamcha before the endless power boosts of DBZ to put them at comparable strength levels. I am still going with the Prince who has the added advantage of remembering fighting alongside Yamcha which would give him some familiarities with Yamcha's go to techniques. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Great to see you making a match, SSJRuss. Very intrigued with what you are putting together here, definitely leaving the door open to do whatever you want really. I just recently purchased the big Kingdom Hearts mix of games because I have not yet played any of them.

As for the match, I know it is hard for some people, including myself to judge Yamcha objectively and not as the comic relief butt of jokes that he became. He is obviously very skilled and the Wolf Fang Fist is no joke. I assume that this is Dragonball Yamcha before the endless power boosts of DBZ to put them at comparable strength levels. I am still going with the Prince who has the added advantage of remembering fighting alongside Yamcha which would give him some familiarities with Yamcha's go to techniques. 

Appreciate the love. This is something I wrote back in November and figured I could divide it up into matches on CBUB. Let's me feel like I'm at least doing something productive in the writing world.

But yeah, it's Yamcha from early DB. Think bandit Yamcha before his formal training.

And yeah that's a good point. The Prince does know Yamcha and his skills. He may not be as strong but that experience gives him the edge.

Been awhile, Russ. :) Good set-up. Looks like this story you were working on may make a good arc. 

As for the match, looking up the Prince, I'd say he could likely give DB Yamcha a good fight, especially if he could get his hands on his Dagger. Since this is Yamcha as the desert bandit, the Prince may have a time convincing him they're on the same side, let alone convincing him to get on the straight-and-narrow path to assist him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Been awhile, Russ. :) Good set-up. Looks like this story you were working on may make a good arc. 

As for the match, looking up the Prince, I'd say he could likely give DB Yamcha a good fight, especially if he could get his hands on his Dagger. Since this is Yamcha as the desert bandit, the Prince may have a time convincing him they're on the same side, let alone convincing him to get on the straight-and-narrow path to assist him.

Yeah it's certainly been a minute. Glad I could whip something up for y'all, even if it isn't much.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.70 Total Combined Score
19.70 / 4 = 4.92 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Prince (Sands of Time): 5