Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 17862 Xu Wenwu vs. Sun Ce

JohnnyChany

907801433_WenWu.jpg.7838249aca14f70274b8e31fd1bae3b7.jpg

It had taken some work, but with the help of the ten rings, Xu Wenwu had finally molded his ragtag group of bandits into a respectable military unit. Most of his men assumed they would simply become a mercenary army for hire for the many competing warlords looking to gain power during times of uncertainty, but Wenwu had grander ideas.  

Wenwu could feel it in his bones, China could be his for the taking. Since the defeat of the tyrant, Dong Zhuo, by an uneasy alliance of nobles and generals, an unspoken power vacuum had consumed the land. The emperor had proven himself to be little more than a puppet and loyalty across the provinces was now up for grabs for whomever could show the most strength.

Sitting upon his makeshift throne, Wenwu gazed upon his prized weapons, the ten rings. They had brought him nothing but victory, but he knew he would need more before challenging the likes of Cao Cao and Yuan Shao for control of the region. Also, incredible warriors with mystical weapons were popping up all over China. 

“We need land of our own,” he said to one of his lieutenants. “I tire of this nomadic existence. We need a starting base if I am to build my empire.”

“Unoccupied land is quite rare,” his lieutenant replied. “At least any desirable land that is. But even if we could find some good land, nowhere is safe from potential attack during these uncertain times. Just this morning came news of more upheaval in the Yang province. Sun Ce has taken over more lands in Jiangdong and is breaking his ties with Yuan Shu. The rumor is he is trying to build his own kingdom, just like you.”

“Is that right?”

“They are calling him the Little Conqueror,” the lieutenant informed.

Wenwu rubbed his chin and thought for a moment. “Taking out this rising warlord and taking his land could be a good place to start.”

Wenwu’s lieutenant was startled by this suggestion. “Sun Ce is an accomplished general and son of the legendary Sun Jian. He and his army are far more formidable than anything we have yet faced.”

Wenwu placed his rings on his forearms and they emitted a dull blue glow. “Is that supposed to intimidate me?”

The lieutenant regarded the rings with a mix of wonder and fear. “Of course not, my lord. If you think this is the best course of action then I will follow you without question.”

“Good. First we need to send some scouts to Jiangdong to find out exactly where he is. When we strike I want him to be there, I do not desire to go through waves of his army just to reach him. We take him down first and large chunks of his army will join our ranks out of fear and a desire to be supporting true power,” Wenwu declared.

The plan was put into motion and within a fortnight, Wenwu learned of Sun Ce’s location and traveled with his fledgling Ten Rings army to confront the charismatic warrior.

Ten_Rings_Shield.jpg.9641bc06e278827ceb75d43c9fabc4cc.jpg

Wenwu and the Ten Rings arrived at Sun Ce’s base in Kauiji by the Hangzhou Bay. They were initially greeted with arrows from archers as they got close to the entrance, but Wenwu rode his horse to the front of the line and batted the arrows away with his rings. He then blasted every archer he could see. Once he arrived at the bridge in front of the entrance, Wenwu shouted in its direction. 

“Sun Ce!! My name is Xu Wenwu and I am here to challenge you! Come out and face me!”

Instead, Wenwu was greeted by several members of Sun Ce’s guard. Angered by this, Wenwu made quick work of the guards by blasting them away with his rings.

“Do not keep me waiting or it is going to get very ugly,” Wenwu threatened.

A man who was clearly not a simple grunt, but also not Sun Ce, exited the entrance on horseback. He wore red armor and carried two massive twin rods.

“Leave now and you are your men will be spared,” the man warned.

Wenwu leaned over toward his lieutenant. “This is not Ce, who is this?”

“Taishi Ci, a highly skilled general who used to serve Liu Yao, but was taken in by Sun Ce after Yao’s defeat.”

537343958_taishici.jpg.9a66c037267e61cdaafab6ac967faff9.jpg

Wenwu regarded the general with annoyance. “When I defeat you here and now, will you agree to serve me like you did him? Is that your move?”

“How dare you,” Taishi Ci retorted. “The reasons I serve Lord Sun Ce go far beyond his victory in battle. His success on the battlefield only makes up a portion of who he is.”

Wenwu jumped on that last phrase. “Is a portion of who he is a weakling who will send others out to fight his battles? Surely, the Tiger of Jiangdong would be rolling in his grave if he could see his son’s cowardice. ”

Tashi Ci lifted his rods in preparation to fight. “Lord Sun Ce owes you nothing, intruder, and I will make you regret your rudeness here.”

Suddenly, the young warlord himself, Sun Ce, rode up beside Taishi Ci. “Perhaps I should handle this myself. I’ve never seen anything like those bracelets on his arms. It would be best for everyone if I take him down quickly before he causes too much damage with those things.”

“I can handle him,” Taishi Ci insisted.

Sun Ce placed a comforting hand on Taishi Ci’s shoulders. “I am sure you could, my friend.” He then smiled. “But it’s been a long time since I’ve had some fun so let me handle this.”

Taishi Ci nodded. “If that is your wish my lord.”

Sun Ce, tonfas in hand, rode his horse across the bridge toward Wenwu and the Ten Rings army. Wenwu blasted at Sun Ce with his rings. Sun Ce jumped off the horse, avoided the blast, and landed near the Ten Rings army by striking one of his tonfas into the ground causing a small explosion, knocking back several members of Wenwu’s army. Sun Ce then utilized his tonfas in a swift motion to take down every one of the Ten Rings soldiers that Wenwu had brought with him to the front line. Sun Ce was very quick and fluid in his motions, and the tonfas in his hands were even briefly ablaze with fire. Sun Ce then turned his attention to Wenwu.

“Let’s see what you got?” he goaded.

Wenwu gladly dismounted from his horse, eager to test his abilities against the confident fighter.

1536223080_sunce.jpg.bfb3981e35d1561c202096f0ca852f57.jpg

22 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

Have to look up Sun Ce but I assume he at least has a chance or else you wouldn't have put him against Xu Wenwu.

Yeah, the historical figure, Sun Ce, no way would have a chance. Neither would the character version of him from Romance of the Three Kingdoms. The Dynasty Warriors version of him however (one of my favorite from the game) I definitely think could go toe to toe Xu Wenwu. Xu Wenwu is essentially an MCU version of Mosou game character lol, destroying entire armies with martial arts and magical weapons.