Slot: The Team's Location
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Gregory House at this Wiki
Official Site: TV Asahi

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

For a second there I thought Will was facing Dr. Gregory House lol.

Had to do some research on this Gregor House but from what I understand it’s kinda like Stephen King’s 1408 except that the manager (Gregory) is helping the hotel try to break it’s victim’s mentally and drive them insane. 

I honestly think Will Graham is built for a scenario like this. He’s already had to endure Hannibal Lecter trying to break him mentally for years and he’s always managed to resist Lecter’s mind games and beat whatever serial killer Lecter sends his way. So he’ll not only have experience resisting mental manipulation but I also think his love for his wife and son will push him to make it out of that house and back to them.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:56 PM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

For a second there I thought Will was facing Dr. Gregory House lol.

Had to do some research on this Gregor House but from what I understand it’s kinda like Stephen King’s 1408 except that the manager (Gregory) is helping the hotel try to break it’s victim’s mentally and drive them insane. 

I honestly think Will Graham is built for a scenario like this. He’s already had to endure Hannibal Lecter trying to break him mentally for years and he’s always managed to resist Lecter’s mind games and beat whatever serial killer Lecter sends his way. So he’ll not only have experience resisting mental manipulation but I also think his love for his wife and son will push him to make it out of that house and back to them.

Fair points for Graham, but I think that you are underestimating the House's residents to some degree as these individuals can potentially both kill and break a person with very little effort if they wanted to.

Gregory himself, is of the least concern, as he often just indulges in the madness without getting too violent with the visitors to the house. Others however, are on a completely different level, and could easily kill a normal man if not redistricted by the conceit of simply trying to break the guests and visitors or the very limitations of the show's plot from episode to episode.

Catherine and Hell's Chef, are similar to most slashers, except much much faster, and not inhibited for the most part by the limitations of real life physics, they operate by toon logic instead, and each wields a needle to drain a person of blood and a butcher knife to cut them up in certain situations. The Roulette Boy forces guests and visitors into a board game, with literal explosive spaces and other hazards, that Gregory himself barely survived had it not been for him being a toon. Angel/Devil Dog tends to give people a false sense of security, if she is feeling bad on a certain day, before either trapping them or leading them into situations in which their is almost no safe passage away, such an endless tunnel or loop scenario, which could lead to a person's death by starvation or anything else that can occur in states of panic. The Cactus Gunman is a persistent sharp shooter, that shoot first and ask questions later, and will not hesitate in killing a person if he feels insulted or cheated in some way.

My point is this, the House does have many residents who be able to kill someone with little effort, if they were intending to, and many things that go far beyond normal as well, as it is very much so a toon universe and tends to go by the rules of such. Graham could win here, but after thinking about the circumstances required to make that happen, I do that it would be less likely.

4 hours ago, Z451 said:

Fair points for Graham, but I think that you are underestimating the House's residents to some degree as these individuals can potentially both kill and break a person with very little effort if they wanted to.

Gregory himself, is of the least concern, as he often just indulges in the madness without getting too violent with the visitors to the house. Others however, are on a completely different level, and could easily kill a normal man if not redistricted by the conceit of simply trying to break the guests and visitors or the very limitations of the show's plot from episode to episode.

Catherine and Hell's Chef, are similar to most slashers, except much much faster, and not inhibited for the most part by the limitations of real life physics, they operate by toon logic instead, and each wields a needle to drain a person of blood and a butcher knife to cut them up in certain situations. The Roulette Boy forces guests and visitors into a board game, with literal explosive spaces and other hazards, that Gregory himself barely survived had it not been for him being a toon. Angel/Devil Dog tends to give people a false sense of security, if she is feeling bad on a certain day, before either trapping them or leading them into situations in which their is almost no safe passage away, such an endless tunnel or loop scenario, which could lead to a person's death by starvation or anything else that can occur in states of panic. The Cactus Gunman is a persistent sharp shooter, that shoot first and ask questions later, and will not hesitate in killing a person if he feels insulted or cheated in some way.

My point is this, the House does have many residents who be able to kill someone with little effort, if they were intending to, and many things that go far beyond normal as well, as it is very much so a toon universe and tends to go by the rules of such. Graham could win here, but after thinking about the circumstances required to make that happen, I do that it would be less likely.

Well again I hadn’t heard of Gregory’s House up until a few days ago so yeah I might be underestimating it a little bit. But even given all your arguments I still think that my guy Will is built for a place like this.

As scary as psycho’s like Catherine, Hell’s Chef and the Roulette Boys are you’ve seemed to have indicated that they can’t outright kill someone directly and are bound by some sort of rules and concepts. This would makes sense as from what I looked up a nameless Japanese businessman and a few teenagers managed to survive the house until at least the end of each season. So again I’m assuming they’re primary purpose is to drive someone insane and that they can only kill a guest if they break a rule or fail an objective.

Will’s background as both an FBI agent and criminologist will serve him very well in this scenario. As an agent he’s trained to be very observant and self-aware and that’ll help him figure out the rules and customs of Gregory’s House and as a criminologist mentored by Hannibal Lecter himself he’s a downright prodigy at getting in the mindset of psycho killers like Gregory, Catherine, Hell’s Chef and Cactus Shooter and figuring out what makes them tick, what they would do in a certain scenario, and how he can overcome them. And of course if he has to fight I should remind y’all that Will has had to physically fight dangerous and unpredictable killers like Francis Dolarhyde and (if we’re counting the TV series) Garret Jacob Hobbs and Abel Gideon. He is a trained FBI agent who’s very deadly with his gun.

Finally I should point that despite how dangerous Gregory’s House might seem none of the aforementioned slashers or traps ever canonically kill the main characters of each season, in fact each guest does in fact escape the House at first but is driven mad by the experience and ultimately return to the House willingly. I should remind you that Will Graham has had to endure years of Hannibal Lectures from the trope namer himself! That plus having a wife and son he loves greatly will ultimately lead him to tuning out the Gregory House’s attempts to break him mentally and have him be the first person to truly escape from the place properly.