MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Rumble 20530 Emperor Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. The Xenomorph Queen
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 3
The Xenomorph Queen: 2

Match 16631 Mercy Graves vs. Domovoi Butler

Butler slid open the door of the LexCorp warehouse and looked inside.  It was a large, empty space only lit by a few flickering ceiling lamps.  There was a walkway that ran around the second story of the warehouse, with paths crossing from one side to the other.  Butler turned to face Artemis, standing just behind him.  “It appears all clear inside, Artemis.”  Artemis Fowl stepped into the warehouse and Butler followed, closing the door with his right hand and holding a large metallic briefcase in the other.  “Far be it from me to question your instincts, Butler,” Artemis said dryly.  “But I wouldn’t be surprised if we were not alone.  I’m sure our business associate is here already.”  Butler mentally noted his laxness and looked out again into the darkness to be sure.  Suddenly, he could hear the faintest sound of movement in the distance.  Butler dropped the case, reached into his shoulder holster, and took aim with his Sig Sauer.  “Hold it right there,” he said coldly.  “Step forward slowly into the light with your hands raised.”  The two figures walk towards Artemis and Butler.  One was an attractive woman dressed in a chauffeur’s uniform.  The other was a bald man in a black business suit and white tie. 

“Your man is as good as his reputation says, Artemis,” Lex Luthor smiled as he lowered his hands.  “I’ve heard impressive things about the training of the Butler family.  I’ve often thought about purchasing their services for myself.”  Artemis gave a similarly put-on smile in response.  “It would be a very wise investment, Mr. Luthor.” 

“Perhaps,” said Luthor.  “But I’m quite satisfied already with the professionals I’ve chosen to surround myself with.”  He glanced at Mercy who gave a confident look as she crossed her arms in front of her.  Artemis nodded in approval.  “But I understand you are a very busy man, Mr. Luthor.  And I know you respect time as a commodity not to be wasted.  If you would bring out the merchandise, we can proceed with our arrangement.”  The boy’s straightforwardness was strangely refreshing to Lex, who wished his business partners three times his age would carry themselves so professionally.  He nodded to Mercy, and she stepped back into the darkness and returned a moment later with pushcart carrying a wooden crate.  Butler handed Artemis the briefcase and picked up a discarded crowbar off the floor.  He walked to the cart, with Mercy blocking his path.   Butler gave his best stone faced glare as Mercy merely smirked and stepped aside. 

Butler swiftly pried the top off of the crate and looked inside.  Suspended in a clear plastic was a metallic turret.  Butler instantly recognized it from the files given to him by the LEP.  It was a fairy DNA Cannon.  His expression gave away nothing as he lifted the turret out of the crate and showed it to Artemis.  “This is it.”  Mercy rolled the cart back into the shadows as Lex went on.  “Of course.  According to our agreement.  A curious device.  One of my research teams stumbled on a site in Bangladesh.  The whole area was very unstable.  They only had time remove that device before the whole place was leveled.  My scientists believe it can be programmed to kill individuals or groups based on their DNA.  Unfortunately, they have hit a brick wall on getting it to actually work.”  Artemis set the briefcase on the ground and opened it, revealing it to be full of stacks of $100 bills.  “Also according to our agreement,” Artemis said, locking the case and holding it up to Luthor.  “Fifty million dollars for the weapon.  I use my contacts to try to get it functional, then you and I mass produce and sell it, splitting any profits going forward.” 

Luthor took the briefcase from Artemis.  “A very neat arrangement.  As the cliché goes, a pleasure doing business with you.”  Artemis gave a look to Butler and both started walking for the door.  But then Butler heard a sound he knew too well.  The sound of an automatic weapon being made ready to fire.  Both Artemis and Butler froze as Mercy aimed a machine pistol at the back of Artemis’ head.  Luthor walked around Mercy’s line of fire to Artemis’ right.  “But there is something that puzzles me, Artemis,” Luthor said.  “Despite being a criminal, my sources never told me you were one for weapons smuggling.  They seemed to suggest your interests were more fanciful in nature.”  Artemis continued to look straight ahead at the door to the warehouse, only 6 feet away.  “I’m unsure what you mean, Mr. Luthor.  I need to restore my father’s empire.  It requires vast sums of money.  I may not enjoy being a gun smuggler, but I am not one to allow an opportunity to pass me by for no reason other than questionable morality.”  Luthor chuckled as he stopped a few feet away from Artemis.  “And that’s why I thought I’d enjoy doing business with you, Artemis.  But my sources were painting a very curious picture.  The picture of a young boy genius, wise beyond his years.  Who, strangely, had developed a rather peculiar obsession.  A desire to learn any information related to creatures who lived beneath the earth.  A race that ordinary people would refer to as…fairies.”   Butler’s grip tightened on the DNA Cannon.  A single bead of sweat began to show on Artemis’ brow.  “Merely a hobby,” Artemis stated.  “Studying legends and folklore helps me learn more about the inner workings of the countries they spring from.” 

“But they are more than legends, aren’t they, Artemis?”  Luthor’s voice grew chilling as he drew closer to Artemis.  “That weapon is unlike any made on this planet.  And even though my survey team couldn’t collect much data, they could tell that base had to have been developed by an advanced organization.  So why don’t you stop trying to play me for a fool, and tell me what you really know about that weapon?” 

Butler had heard enough.  He leapt over Artemis and tackled Luthor to the ground, getting one good punch to his jaw before Mercy could open fire.  Artemis dropped to the ground and Butler slid the DNA Cannon to him.  “Quick, Artemis!” he shouted.  “Get to car!  Tell Juliet to take you to airport!”  Artemis picked up the cannon and quickly scrambled behind a concrete pillar.  “What about you?” he yelled.  “Don’t worry about me!” snapped Butler.  “I’m doing my job!  Your job is to get that back to Holly and the LEP where it belongs.  Go!”  Mercy started reloading her weapon, and Artemis ran toward the door.  She took aim at the boy again.  “Oh no you don’t, you little brat.”  Her attention diverted, Mercy failed to see Butler charging at her.  He delivered a kick to her gut that sent her flying back and the gun falling from her grip.  Butler pulled out the Sig Sauer and took aim as Mercy attempted to catch her breath.  “Listen, little girl.  My advice for you is to stay down.”  Mercy chose not to take Butler’s advice.  Instead she delivered a kick that swept the legs out from under Butler.  With the bodyguard off balance, she leapt up and sent another kick straight into his jaw.  Butler staggered back, holding his jaw and staring at Mercy as she adjusted her hat and took a fighting a stance.  “I didn’t get where I am by staying down, moron.”  Butler cracked his neck, adjusted his tie, and matched Mercy’s stance.  “You will.”

OK:
Both combatants are in near peak conditions, save the injuries they’ve taken so far.  They also have access to any human firearms they’ve used in their shows/books.  The fight must stay inside the warehouse.  Two stories, catwalks, lots of space to brawl.  Whoever knocks out the other and walks out of the warehouse, wins. 

Game On!

Good set-up, broadway. You have Luthor and Mercy right in character with their DCAU selves, and after reading the excerpts you provided, you apparently have Artemis and Butler in character as well. 

As for the match? Well, Graves is certainly ferocious in combat. As DCAU fighters go, I'd put her skills at a notch or so below the likes of Black Canary and Huntress and probably on par with Batgirl (though I'm not sure Batgirl would go down to one of Batman's backhand punches like Mercy did). 

Butler's apparently almost 7 feet tall and around 200 lbs? I'm just over 6 feet tall and over 190 lbs. and not exactly the beefiest dude myself, so Butler sounds like a tall, lanky guy to me. Given that and even with his training, I'm guessing he could probably hit pretty hard, but he's not particularly nimble, at least compared to the likes of Mercy. Mercy just might have the edge in H2H and arsenal here. 

BTW, I watched a couple of clips of the film, and looks like they didn't exactly cast a lanky, seven-foot Eurasian to play him. 😛 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Good set-up, broadway. You have Luthor and Mercy right in character with their DCAU selves, and after reading the excerpts you provided, you apparently have Artemis and Butler in character as well. 

As for the match? Well, Graves is certainly ferocious in combat. As DCAU fighters go, I'd put her skills at a notch or so below the likes of Black Canary and Huntress and probably on par with Batgirl (though I'm not sure Batgirl would go down to one of Batman's backhand punches like Mercy did). 

Butler's apparently almost 7 feet tall and around 200 lbs? I'm just over 6 feet tall and over 190 lbs. and not exactly the beefiest dude myself, so Butler sounds like a tall, lanky guy to me. Given that and even with his training, I'm guessing he could probably hit pretty hard, but he's not particularly nimble, at least compared to the likes of Mercy. Mercy just might have the edge in H2H and arsenal here. 

BTW, I watched a couple of clips of the film, and looks like they didn't exactly cast a lanky, seven-foot Eurasian to play him. 😛 

Trust me, dude, from what I've heard, that was one of the least of that films problems. XD 

15 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Wherever you got that weight is off. 

Butler_Graphic_Novel.png

"He stands at almost seven feet tall; has muscles like a Michelangelo statue; a barrel chest "hard with muscle, scars, and tension"; arms strong enough to break a bear's back; "mammoth" hands that are the size and approximate shape of spades; and speaks with a voice worthy of thunder itself."

• Like 1

Great idea for a match. What I would say is to try and space out the paragraphs so that each person has their own. It makes it easier to read.

As for the match itself, I'm leaning towards Butler in this one. I'm sure Artemis would have some tech for him that would take Graves by surprise.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
8.80 Total Combined Score
8.80 / 2 = 4.40 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Mercy Graves: 3
Domovoi Butler: 1

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

Mercy hurried across the catwalk above the warehouse, panting for breath.  Her uniform was torn at the sleeve and her hat was lying on the ground 20 feet below her.  She looked behind her to see Butler reaching the top of the stairs.  His suit and tie had been discarded.  His face showed bruises left by Mercy’s kicks, blood dripping from his mouth.  He strode across the catwalk toward Mercy, his eyes unblinking and focused on his prey. 

Mercy reached into a thigh holster, pulled out a revolver and took aim.  “Alright, big man.  Party’s over.  Take another step and you go down.” 

Butler continued walking toward Mercy.  He could hear her voice shake, see her hands tremble as they held her gun.  “I said hold it!” she yelled and pulled the trigger.  Butler felt the impact as the bullet went through his left shoulder.  It wasn’t the first time he had been shot.  The bullet had been a small caliber, had gone straight through him.  And still Butler marched toward Mercy with his left arm hanging useless as blood poured from the wound. 

Mercy fired again to the shoulder and again to the gut.  But Butler kept on.  He knew he had to keep on.  Every second this woman spent fighting him was a second not chasing after Artemis.  He had a job to do: get the DNA Cannon back to the fairies, and keep Artemis safe.  Finally, Mercy pulled the trigger again, and nothing happened but the click of the empty chamber.  Mercy’s eyes widened in terror as Butler was upon, grabbing her by the throat with his right hand and squeezing tight. 

Mercy gasped for air, and her hands reached to her belt for something, anything that could help her.  She felt a handle, and lifted it off her back.  She pressed a button and heard the crackle of electricity.   With a cry of exertion, she slammed the taser into Butler’s neck.  His body stiffened but he still held his grip.  Mercy screamed as she stabbed the taser again and again into Butler, until finally Butler’s legs gave out from under him.  The shock made him let go of Mercy’s throat and she fell to the catwalk breathing raggedly.  Butler was delirious in pain, the blood loss and repeated strikes with the taser leaving him unable to do anything but fall on one knee on the catwalk. 

With rage in her eyes, Mercy charged toward the bodyguard.  She threw punch after punch to head of Butler, adrenaline kicking in as she hoisted him up to his feet and left him leaning against the railing.   She gave a kick to his gut, causing Butler’s blood to fall on her shoes.  She gave leaping knee to his chin that caused him to lean back hard on the guardrail.  The full weight of the massive bodyguard was almost too much for the structure to handle. 

“NOW!  For the last time!” Mercy snarled.  “YOU!  WILL!  STAY!  DOWN!”  Each word was emphasized with a punch to the body, topped off with a spinning kick to Butler’s skull.  The barely conscious Butler’s body weight was finally to much for the guardrail.  The metal snapped and Butler fell all the way to the floor of the warehouse. 

Butler fought as hard as he could to stay conscious.  He could tell that he had at least 7 broken ribs, and damage to his spine.  All he could do was lay there and look up into the eyes of Lex Luthor, holding his jaw.  “I must say, Mr. Butler, you sure put on quite a fight.  And you throw a mean right hook.  But unfortunately, I think it’s safe to say who won this contest.” 

Every breath Butler breathed put him in agony, but he still drew all the energy he had left to glare at Luthor.  “Doesn’t matter.  Weapon…safe.   Artemis…safe.” 

Luthor nodded as Mercy finally limped her way down from the catwalk and reclaimed her hat.  “True, but the evening still isn’t a total loss.  Now I have the most trusted servant of one of the world’s most devious criminal minds as my guest.  And trust me, Mr. Butler.  We are going to have a lot to talk about.  Especially about Artemis’ fairies.  Mercy?” 

The last image Butler saw before falling into unconsciousness, was the heel of Mercy Grave’s boot rushing toward him. 

• 2 years later...