Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

10:1 - Merlyn (DC) vs. Red Sonja

SEASON 10, ROUND 1

Merlyn (DC)

Slot: The Team's Ranged Weapon Expert
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Merlyn (DC) at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C Comics

Red Sonja

Slot: The Team's Melee Weapon Expert
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Red Sonja at this Wiki
Official Site: Roy Thomas

Battle Terrain
Battle Terrain: Hall of Mirrors

A hall of mirrors is gonna make it tough for any marksman/woman. It's pretty certain, though, that Merlyn is at least the better archer, given that he's an archenemy of Green Arrow and has bested the Emerald Archer in archery at least once each in the comics and in the Arrow TV show.

Red Sonja should have this handily, I'd say. She's quite powerful, has a weapon that doesn't run the risk of being overused by hitting a reflection repeatedly, and only really needs to stab through Merlyn once to end his life as she's quite skilled (Conan has trouble besting her), has higher pain tolerance, and is known to use her charms to her advantage.

Heh, for some reason I was thinking this was a range vs. range battle. Forgot that ranged can go up against melee in the Draft.

In that case, Merlyn is quite the skilled assassin in his own right, and has gone up against his share of superheroes and come out on top in various media. Though he's physically inferior to Sonja and likely not quite as skilled in melee, he's still deadly accurate with his arrows, and with trick arrows to boot. Between all that and the disorienting effect of a hall of mirrors (which, being from the modern age, Merlyn would likely have more experience with than Sonja), Merlyn has a decent shot here

Merlyn is very skilled, but unfortunately for him his mode of weaponry is not foreign to Red Sonya. She's fought marksman in the past and come out on top. She's also a skilled with long range if she needs to resort to that but I think she would catch Merlyn with melee before it came to that.

Yeah I really think the environment works against long ranged combatants here. The Hall of Mirrors is meant to confuse and disoriented people as they walk in, make them uncertain of where they are or how close something or someone is. So I doubt Merlyn will have much of a chance to use his bow before Red Sonja is on top of him and bashing his head into the mirror. Go Sonja!

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Merlyn is very skilled, but unfortunately for him his mode of weaponry is not foreign to Red Sonya. She's fought marksman in the past and come out on top.

Given the eras Sonja's typically fought in, I seriously doubt she's dealt with an archer with trick arrows, let alone one of the caliber of Merlyn. He once knocked Superman and the Atom unconscious with one of his trick arrows in the past. He could also use smoke arrows to fog up the halls, explosive arrows to take out some mirrors and maybe even tag Sonja in the raucous, and sonic arrows to disorient her further.

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Yeah I really think the environment works against long ranged combatants here. The Hall of Mirrors is meant to confuse and disoriented people as they walk in, make them uncertain of where they are or how close something or someone is.

The same could arguably be said for Red Sonja, who was pretty unlikely to come across a hall of mirrors in her era. Having come up in the modern era, though, Merlyn is a good deal more likely to be familiar with them, and therefore may not be caught quite as off-guard.