Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16599 Eliot vs. Leo Kliesen

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXX

best-main-dining-5.jpg.772c2d546ea263dd7714d6223a1b956e.jpg.87e485e915c3a53be7eef93c2bedeb5f.jpg

Kokoro, El Blaze, and Lucky Glauber met up with Zack outside the medical ward on the Freedom Survivor. Zack noticed Lucky first.

“Hey, I was looking for you.” 

El Blaze came up from behind Lucky and handed Zack a tranquilizer gun. “Come on, we don’t have time for this.”

“What is going on? Did you find El Fuerte?” Zack questioned.

“Yes,” answered Kokoro. “He is with Helena. Right now we need to put an end to all the fighting. And we do it with these.” (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. GUILE)

Zack nodded. “Ok. I'm in. Let’s go.”

The four fighters quickly made their way toward the dining hall. On their way to their destination they came upon Armor King towering over a fallen Wolf Hawkfield. (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD) Lucky Glauber took aim at the muscular masked wrestler, but Kokoro urged him to wait.

“Hold on, look at his eyes.”

Armor King snapped his head around to get a look at the oncommers.

“They are clear,” noted El Blaze.

“Armor King, what happened here?” asked Zack.

Armor King described how he and Wolf were taking on seemingly rogue members of the DOATEC security team when Wolf’s sudden insatiable thirst for violence led them into conflict. He had to take the red haired grappler down.

Kokoro approached Armor King and placed her hand on his chest plate. “It is okay, you did nothing wrong. Know that it’s not just Wolf, many people were infected and we may need your help to stop them from hurting anyone else.”

Armor King agreed to go with the foursome.

El Blaze radioed over to some of the other non infected members of DOATEC security that were trying to help with containment. “We have another one over here in hallway 32. He needs to be picked up and put in a cell before he wakes up and becomes a problem. It’s Wolf Hawkfied, remember he’s a big guy so bring backup. We are about to enter the dining room area.”

Inside the dining hall, Marshall Law landed a few quick kick combinations, but was largely unable to crack through Guile’s defensive techniques. He consistently fell victim to Guile’s throws and slams. After two successive flash kicks from Guile that nearly knocked his head off, Law suffered the same fate as Detective Lei Wulong and fell unconscious at Guile’s feet. (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE)

“You are pathetic,” spit out the malfested blond military man. “You are better off going home and becoming a family man.”

Just then, Asuka Kazama entered the dining hall looking for Law and Paul Phoenix after having successfully defeated Leifang. (REF: LEIFANG VS. ASUKA KAZAMA) She immediately took note of both Marshall Law and Lei Wulong sprawled out on the floor.

“What are you doing, you jerk?” she shouted at Guile.

Guile’s orange tinted eyes sparked. “Do you want to challenge me too? I will beat down every fighter on this ship if I have to.”

Asuka Kazama stepped into her fighting stance. “I am not afraid of you.”

Armor King, El Blaze, Kokoro, Lucky Glauber, and Zack burst in through the door of the dining hall on the opposite side. 

“No Asuka!” Kokoro pleaded. “Don’t engage with Colonel Guile, it’s too dangerous.”

“Besides we have a better way,” announced Zack as he, El Blaze, and Lucky all pointed their tranquilizer guns at Guile.

Guile gritted his teeth and then slammed his two arms together in their direction.

“Sonic Boom!”

The shockwave projectile knocked them off balance and they fumbled their guns.

“You morons. You think I have never had a gun pointed at me?” remarked Guile. “I will rip you all apart.”

Armor King’s heart broke as he saw the hatred and anger emanating from Guile. He could not believe this was somehow the same man he had met in Mexico (REF: ZANGIEF VS. CHANG KOEHAN)  and bonded with on their journey to the Freedom Survivor.  (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON) He did not want to fight him, but felt as if he had no other choice. Suddenly, another idea popped into his head.

Armor King charged toward Guile and growled instructions at his allies. Take us both!

Armor King grabbed Guile from behind and held him in a massive bear hug.

“What do you think you are doing?” sneered Guile.

Lucky, El Blaze, and Zack picked up their guns again and unloaded all of their tranquilizer darts at Guile and Armor King, who quickly both slammed into the ground.

“That was intense,” stated Kokoro.

“It was unnecessary. I think I could have taken him.” said Asuka.

“Is that everyone?” El Blaze inquired.

Kokoro did some mental calculations. “We’ve got Armor King and we found Wolf. We have just come across Asuka, Guile, Law, and Detective Wulong. Paul Phoenix is in the kitchen with Hitomi….”

“Makoto is knocked out by Lili’s room,” Asuka informed. “Jann Lee, Pai Chan, and Leifang are all out in the hallway. (REF: PAI CHAN VS. LEIFANG) I don’t think whatever is happening, happened to Leifang. Her eyes weren’t like Makoto’s or the colonel's. I think she was just upset about Jann.”  (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. JANN LEE)

“What about that new girl, Josie?” asked Zack. “We haven’t come across her yet.”

“After the meal, she didn’t come with me and Makoto to Lili’s room,” answered Asuka. “She said she wanted to see more of the views. I think she went to the upper deck.”  (REF: ELIOT VS. JOSIE RIZAL)

Kokoro turned to Zack. “Let’s go check it out. Everyone else, gather the others around here and report back to Helena.”

Kokoro and Zack went up high and found Josie Rizal unconscious next to the edge of the cruise liner. Standing close to her was Eliot trying to resuscitate his drunk friend, Brad Wong. The young fighter was put on the defensive when he saw Kokoro and Zack running toward him with purpose. 

“I didn’t mean to do it, I promise,” he pleaded. “I didn’t want to hurt her, I didn’t even want to fight her, but she snapped. I didn’t have a choice.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

freedomsurvivor.jpg.a0eb4186d09bef9bde499e4953ed1dc4.jpg

Helena Douglas stood outside of Shermie’s cell with her ipad. Shermie pointed to a location on the holographic map where she had met with Urien. (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)  It was a different location than El Fuerte, now residing in a nearby cell, had pointed to.

Helena sighed. “This is only getting more complicated.”

Helena’s walkie talkie buzzed. “M’am, we are close to the island now. If you want the element of surprise you are going to have to move quickly.”

Helena closed her digital map and picked up her radio. “Agreed.”

Soon after, all the fighters that were on the ship and not either locked in a cell or recovering from an attack were surrounding Helena as she announced her plans.

“We are invading this MIST facility right now and the hope is that not only will we take down Victor Donovan, also that it will provide us with a copious amount of information for our quest. I will lead a small strikeforce team that includes Kokoro, Hitomi, Asuka, Eliot, Brad Wong, and Lucky to take down this base. Zack, I am putting you and El Blaze in charge of security here. Our holding cells are almost full to the brim right now and I am trusting in you two along with Leifang, Tina and Lili to make sure everything remains secure. If you get any indication that anyone other than us is heading back to the Freedom Survivor, you need to leave this area and try to establish another connection with the Mugen Tenshin.”

“I won’t let you down,” Zack promised.

Helena and her team boarded a small jet on the helipad and flew toward the island.

Within an hour, alarms rang throughout the underground MIST facility.

“What is going on?” demanded the head MIST scientist, NiCO.

“It’s Helena Douglas, she has a group of fighters with her and they are invading our base,” answered one of the other scientists.

NiCO was in disbelief. “How is that possible? How could she find us? Where is Lisa?” 

“She disappeared a while ago.”  (REF: MASTER RAVEN VS. GROH)

“Traitor!” shouted NiCO. The young blue haired scientist did her best to recompose herself. “What’s done is done. Send out the clones to greet them… and also that King of the Iron fist fighter we found in Southtown (REF: LEO KLIESEN VS. KING) and brainwashed. Let’s see what she can really do.”

Helena and the six fighters with her hopped on to a lift that descended down into the MIST laboratory. When they reached the bottom, a half dozen Kasumi clones ambushed them.

The visual took Asuka Kazuma by surprise. “What the hell?”

“Kasumi clones!” Helena remarked.

“What clones?”

“Kasumi, she is a kick ass kunoichi,” explained Zack. “They have been trying to replicate her for years. They are never as good as the original, but they still pack a punch.”

Asuka remained confused. “Who is Kasumi?”

“Perhaps a conversation best saved for later,” input Kokoro as she squared off against one of the clones.

The two sides came to blows. In the midst of the battle, Eliot took note of someone he did not recognize. He did not even perceive the tomboyish woman with short blonde hair initially as a threat.

“Are you okay?” inquired Eliot. “Has this organization taken you hostage?”

Leo Kliesen silently replied with an uppercut to Eliot’s jaw that sent the earnest, young fighter into the air.

So that’s where Leo has been all this time. Wow, it certainly has been a long time since you started your Arc with Leo Kleisen vs King. It’s really awesome that you’ve kept up with the story all this time. Your a legend JohnnyChany.

I think Eliot takes this, since he’s more of an advanced gameplay character then Leo. Leo Kleisen was an admittedly introduction fighter, ie one whose move set and attacks were design to be more simple/predictable so that new players can better learn how to play Tekken. Eliot move set was designed to be difficult to master because once you do you can perform devastating attacks and juggles on opponents, especially lighter characters. I’m rolling with Eliot.

I'm torn on this fight. Great set up though. It really has been fun watching this Freedom Survivor story unfold.

I think I'll take Pizzaguy's side and go with Eliot though. I like Leo more but Eliot has a much more complex set of skills/style.

21 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

So that’s where Leo has been all this time. Wow, it certainly has been a long time since you started your Arc with Leo Kleisen vs King. It’s really awesome that you’ve kept up with the story all this time. Your a legend JohnnyChany.

I think Eliot takes this, since he’s more of an advanced gameplay character then Leo. Leo Kleisen was an admittedly introduction fighter, ie one whose move set and attacks were design to be more simple/predictable so that new players can better learn how to play Tekken. Eliot move set was designed to be difficult to master because once you do you can perform devastating attacks and juggles on opponents, especially lighter characters. I’m rolling with Eliot.

Thanks. Yeah, this is definitely the longest period of time between any of the fighters first and second fights, from part 4 to part 140 lol.  Honestly, I did not know what to do with Leo for a long time, until I brought NiCO in, because I wasn't expecting her to beat King. At this point I try to have an idea for either character in a given match and the only thing really throwing me off are freaking ties. 

On 6/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, JohnnyChany said:

Thanks. Yeah, this is definitely the longest period of time between any of the fighters first and second fights, from part 4 to part 140 lol.  Honestly, I did not know what to do with Leo for a long time, until I brought NiCO in, because I wasn't expecting her to beat King. At this point I try to have an idea for either character in a given match and the only thing really throwing me off are freaking ties. 

I hear ya man, especially during the matches Lars vs Leona or Maxi vs Claudio. Like come on people would it kill ya to vote for clearly the better fighter? Like I thought I explained the reasoning pretty well in the reply section.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Looks like the chaos on Helena's ship is finally coming to an end. 

After looking at both fighters, I'm not sure who would win here. Yeah, Eliot is probably a very good juggling fighter, but Leo seems to have quicker strikes (though that may be more of a function of Tekken's gameplay than anything else).

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
4.60 - DSkillz
4.50 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.10 Total Combined Score
19.10 / 4 = 4.78 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Eliot: 3