Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16588 The Jokerz vs. The Arabian Knights

In the Arabian desert a caravan made it’s way through the shifting dunes toward Baghdad.  There were four camels, three with riders and one carrying a large wooden chest.  They were only a day away from reaching the city, and presenting their offering to the sultan Bakaar. 

Then with a mighty crash, what seemed to be a second sun appeared in the sky.  The camels bellowed in confusion and reared up in confusion.  The riders desperately tried to calm their mounts but even they were terrified at the sight.  The second sun pulsed with an unearthly light, and there seemed to be something moving within it.  The shapes became more and more clear, until finally six beings leapt out of the light and landed before the caravan.  They were strangely dressed, particularly the two twin females.  One looked like a skeleton, and another stood tall as the camels.  There was a creature that looked like a hyena with armor on it’s front legs, and a fat man who had a large ball where his legs should have been.  All of them grinned at the guardians of the caravan with a ferocity they had not seen before. 

Woof cackled as he leapt toward the lead the camel, dragging it to the sand on top of it’s rider.   Another urged his camel to take off at full gallop back into the desert.   Meanwhile, Ghoul, Bonk, and Chucko rushed the camel holding the chest.  Goul extended his buzzsaw arm and sliced the ropes holding the chest, cutting it free as the camel bolted after it’s brothers.  The third guard slid off his mount and drew his scimitar, holding it toward the raiders in shaking hands.   Dee Dee and Dee Dee walked slowly toward him, a bead of sweat running down both of their grinning faces and smudging their make up as they stalked their prey.  “It sure is hot here, Dee Dee.”  “Chronos should have given us sunscreen, Dee Dee.” The unfortunate guard swung the sword at them as she tried to keep his voice from shaking.  “Keep away!  This treasure belongs to the Black Sultan Bakaar!  It must get to Baghdad!”  Dee Dee and Dee Dee circled the guard and pulled out their whips.  “He’s kinda cute, Dee Dee.”  “Cute and stupid, Dee Dee.”  With a flourish they switched on the energy whips, and lashed them around the man’s throat.  The man howled in pain as the electricity coursed threw his body.  Seconds later, he fell lifeless to the ground. 

“Took you long enough,” grumbled Chucko.  “Ah, quit your moaning,” sneered Ghoul as his saw smashed the locks of the chest.  He retracted the blade and opened the lid to reveal countless rubies and diamonds, with an ornate crown resting on top of them all.  “Yeah, this is what Chronos sent us to get alright.” 

“Great.  Fantastic.  Can we go now?” Chucko asked looking up at the time portal.   “What’s the matter, Chucko?” laughed Bonk.  “Afraid you’ll get sand in your shoes?”  Chucko activated his energy sword and rolled toward Bonk threateningly.  “How would you like this shoved up your…”  Ghoul quickly moved between them, arms outstretched.  “Hey!  Both of you two knock it off!  We got the loot for ol’ Lord Chronos.   Now we can go back to Neo-Gotham.” 

“You’ll be going nowhere with that treasure, you band of thieves!”  The Jokerz looked to the sky where the courageous voice came from.  In the air were five magic carpets, each carrying a determined looking passenger.  Their leader stood on his carpet with sword drawn, while the lone woman in the group gently petted the donkey who was riding with her.   The Jokerz looked dumbfounded at the sight.  “That treasure belongs to the people of Baghdad!” the swordsman proclaimed.  “It shall not fall into the hands of Bakaar the Tyrant or brigands like you!”  The Dee Dees rolled their eyes in unison.   “Oh brother.  Is he for real, Dee Dee?”  “Guess they have goody two shoes everywhere, Dee Dee.”  Ghoul reached into his jack-o-lantern and pulled out a laser pistol.  “Slag ‘em!”  He fired several blasts at the fat man in the turban who raised his hands to the sky.  “Rosan Flowar!”  The deadly beams flickered and shifted into a rain of flowers.   Fariik caught one of the blossoms and tossed them to Princess Nida.   “For you, dear Nida.”  Nida sniffed the flower and smiled as Zazuum the donkey took a bite out of it.  “How kind of you, Fariik.  If only we could give something in return.”  Raseem cracked his knuckles eagerly.   “We can start with a lesson in manners!”  Prince Turhan raised his sword to the sky and brought it down as his carpet charged toward the Jokerz. “Arabian Knights!  Attack!” 

“Attacking me on a rug?” laughed Ghoul as his buzzsaw snapped into place.   “Not smart, hero!”  The saw cut the carpet in half sending Turhan tumbling into Bonk’s clutches.  Bonk wrapped his arms around Turhan in a bear hug.  “Now try to talk big now, little man!”  Raseem leapt from his carpet onto Bonk, breaking Turhan from his grip.   He raised his fists as Bonk shook his head and rose back to his feet.  “Now why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”  Bonk pressed an unseen button and caused his arm to transform into a giant hammer head.   He swung it and caught Raseem with a blow that sent him twenty feet away.  Bonk charged forward, spinning the hammer head.  “Now you made me mad, meathead!” 

The other Arabian Knights had landed their carpets, but Woof quickly ran over on all fours to tear and rip them apart.  Nida pointed at the cybernetic hyena hybrid and whispered to Zazuum.  “Can you deal with that creature for us, little Zazuum?”  The donkey brayed and ran headlong into Woof.  Zazuum gave a mighty kick that knocked the air out of the monstrous gang member.  “Well done, Zazuum!” Nida applauded.  “But do be careful!”  The Dee Dees cartwheeled into view and blocked her way.  “Looky here, Dee Dee.  No powers.  No weapons.”  “And no brains, Dee Dee.”  The twins cracked their whips and Nida tumbled out of the way.   She ran across the sand to rocky outcropping and dashed behind it.  One of the Dee Dees ran a little bit faster and got behind the rock first.   “Wait for me, Dee Dee!” the other called to her twin.   She reached behind the rocks to see her sister with whip in hand.  The second twin looked frustrated at the other.  “Why’d you run off like that, Dee Dee?”  The other Dee Dee just stood their grinning.  “Don’t just stand there!  Say something, Dee Dee!”  The other Dee Dee gave a flying kick to the confused twin.  She looked up from the ground to see ‘her sister’ wiping her face and adjusting her clothes and suddenly being revealed as the still grinning Nida.  “I’m sorry, you must have me confused with someone else.”  Nida grabbed Dee Dee and hurled her into the rock, the force activating Dee Dee’s power and causing another Dee Dee to appear beside her.  Nida gasped in surprise as the Dee Dee she had subdued earlier snuck up and trapped her arms behind her.  “Didn’t know we could do that, did you?  Let’s get her, Dee Dee.”  The two other Dee Dees moved toward Nida with whips charged.   Fariik peeked out from the other side of the rock.  “Don’t worry, Nida!  If this painted thief wishes to practice her multiplication, then…Rosan Kobar!”  With a wave of Fariik’s hands, two more Nida’s appeared out of thin air and began scrapping with the Dee Dees.  “Oh my,” said Fariik.  “This might get a little confusing.  I’m going to need to match these thieves in order to give Nida a fair chance!  I hope the others will not be needing my magic!” 

Bez the Beast ducked a blow from Chucko’s energy sword.  The duel bladed weapon hummed dangerously as Chucko whirled around him.  “Stay still, loser!  It’ll be easier for you that way.”  Bez crouched and held his hands to the sky.  “I know a way that is easier still.  Size of a Bear!”  A flash of light made Chucko cover his eyes.  When he opened them again Bez had transformed into a large, brown bear.  Meanwhile, Ghoul approached Turhan, who held his sword at the ready.  “Tell your followers to stand down, creature!” Ghoul held up his buzzsaw arm and readied himself to attack.  “No chance, boy scout.  You and your buddies are going down, and that treasure is coming with us!  And there’s nothing you can do about it!”  Magic sword and buzzsaw blade clashed against each other as the two forces battled.  Prince Turhan gritted his teeth as he looked in the eyes of his adversary.  “You grinning bandits don’t stand a chance against the Arabian Knights!” 

OK:

Jokerz: The crew from “Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker”, with the enhancements they received from Chronos in “The Once and Future Thing.”

Arabian Knights: From their cartoon, at full strength.  Fariik will be occupied with helping Nida, but if he gets distracted he can’t maintain multiple magic feats at once. 

Whoever defeats the other team and claims the treasure, wins. 

Game On! 

Good set-up, broadway, and good CBUB debut for both the Jokerz and the Arabian Knights. :) Believable story, though Chronos would actually be more likely to go after the treasures himself. 

I never saw Arabian Knights growing up (and looking at when it aired, I would've had to catch in on video or in reruns), but they look like a pretty powerful team. I think they'd put up a fairly good fight, but they'd be outmatched against these, though. If the upgraded Jokerz can have a group of such heroes as Batman, Wonder Woman, John Stewart and others beaten and on the run, the Knights probably have even less of a chance.

• Like 1

Going real old school with the Arabian Knights Broadway, I respect that.

Like DSKillz said though, I think this rendition of the Jokerz are a bit too powerful here, not only have they taken on the likes of Bats, Wondy and GL, but they’ve apparently killed almost the entire rest of the Justice League of their time, that’s no small feat.

As always great setup and I love how how you always give the lesser known characters their time to shine. Keep it up Broadway.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.00 Total Combined Score
14.00 / 3 = 4.67 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
The Jokerz: 3
The Arabian Knights: 3

• Like 1

It appears a couple of voters didn't watch the videos ...

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

The whirling, twisting form of Zazuum carried the yiping Woof across the sands.  The small donkey’s strength completely overwhelmed the beast and when Zazuum stopped his cyclone, Woof was laid out in a dizzied heap.  Zazuum gave a victorious bray, which was interrupted by the Bez collapsing in his bear form before reverting to human again.  Smoke rose from his singed clothes as Chucko rolled toward him with a blaster in hand.  Zazuum stood between them and brayed a warning.  “You think you can stop me with some cheap animal impressions?” Chucko sneered, taking aim. 

Turhan and Ghoul were still engaged in battle, but the prince could see the fat clown pointing his weapon at Bez and Zazuum.  Ghoul’s buzzsaw clanged against the magic blade as he snarled at Turhan.  “Give it up, pretty boy!  Your little sword ain’t gonna hold up much longer!” 

“You’d be surprised what my sword can do, bandit!”  Turhan leapt into the air and sent a kick right into Ghoul’s jaw that knocked him unconscious.  He threw his sword at Chucko like a boomerang, knocking the blaster out his hands as he cried out in pain.  The sword flew back to Turhan’s grasp, narrowly missing the flight path of Bonk, who was being hurled through the air toward the outcropping.  Raseem dusted his hands as Bonk slammed head first into the rocks.  “Thanks for the workout, stranger!” Raseem called. 

Meanwhile Fariik stood on top of the outcropping looking down on the bizarre scene below.  There were now a dozen Dee Dees and Nidas brawling with each other.  The air was filled the sound of laser whips cracking, battle cries and screeches of pain.  Fariik quickly counted the women, desperately trying to keep track of the numbers to help Nida keep from getting overwhelmed.  “Six, seven.  No, I counted that one.  Bakaar’s beard!  It would certainly be easy if these ladies would stand sill for a minute!  Now, let’s see.  There’s three Nidas and two bandits there.   And four bandits and four Nidas there.  The three Nidas chasing the bandit over there.  And the two Nidas fighting the four bandits by the rocks there.  So that’s twelve Nidas and eleven bandits!  Whew.  But…then…where’s the other…”  Fariik’s musings were interrupted by his scream as the missing Dee Dee’s whip sent electricity coursing through his body.  He fell off the rocks to the sand as all the Nida’s disappeared.  The real Princess Nida looked as her duplicates faded away like sand out of an hourglass.  She had not time to react as the Dee Dees all pounced on her, zapping her into unconsciousness with their whips. 

The original Dee Dee twins recalled their clones, allowing them to vanish.  They stood over the princess with whips raised.  “She put up a good fight, Dee Dee.”  “Not good enough, Dee Dee.”  Before the fatal blow could be struck, Zazuum charged toward the twins, snorting and calling furiously.  The Dee Dees were so taken by surprise by the donkey they ran as fast as they could around the rocks to Chucko.  Turhan stood across from them with Raseem and Zazuum, but Chucko’s reclaimed blaster held them back.  “Enough of this freak show!  You losers take one step and I’ll take your heads off!”  Fariik stumbled around the outcropping on shaky legs and saw the stand off as Turhan pointed his sword at Chucko.  “Surrender, bandits!  We’ll give you one last chance to give yourselves up!”  The Jokerz laughed derisively as Chucko took aim.  “Good one, sucker!  Now I’ll show you what the Jokerz think is funny!”  Just as Chucko pressed the trigger, Fariik raised up a hand.  “Rosan uhhh Kobar!”  The laser blast came out of the blaster but it hovered in midair.  The six warriors watched the beam seem to dart up and down like a lost bird looking for somewhere to land.   Fariik’s hand swayed back and forth as he attempted to control the course of the laser while trying to keep from seeing double.  The strain proved too much and he and his hand fell to the ground.  The laser blast then went where Fariik’s magic had accidentally aimed it: the treasure chest.  All the gold and jewels exploded into the air as the chest burst into the flames and the gold crown was reduced to twisted, melted scrap. 

The Dee Dees slapped the back of Chucko’s head in frustration.  “You dope!”  “That’s what we came here for!”  Chucko looked stunned at the still burning chest before finding his voice again.  “Don’t blame me!  I didn’t want to come to this dump anyway!  Grab the guys!  Were getting out of here!”  Turhan, Raseem, and Zazuum charged toward the Jokerz.  “Don’t be so hasty, large one,” shouted Raseem.  “We still have scores to settle with you!”  Chucko quickly rolled to Ghoul’s jack-o-lantern and pulled out the control device for the time portal and a handful of smoke grenades.  “Too bad!  So long, heroes!”  He hurled the grenades at the Knights as he pressed a button for the portal back to Neo-Gotham.  As the Knights covered their eyes and coughed from the teargas, Chucko and the Dee Dees dragged Woof, Ghoul, and Bonk to the portal and tossed them in before jumping after them.  When the gas had cleared, all that was left were the Arabian Knights and the charred remains of Bakaar’s tribute.  “What kind of bandits would you call those, Turhan?” asked Raseem.  “Very strange ones, indeed, old friend,” said Turhan.  He ran over to the outcropping to see Fariik and Nida stumbling from behind it, still suffering from the effects of Dee Dee’s whip.  Raseem went to check on Bez with Zazuum.  Zazuum nudged the face of Bez as he groaned awake.   “Ohhh.  What happened?  Raseem!  Did we win the day?” 

“Hard to say, shapeshifter,” said Raseem as he helped Bez to his feet.  “We didn’t lose, but I’m not sure if we won either.”  Nida leaned on the rock and looked at the ruined treasure.  “A shame that we won’t be able to give the treasure to the poor people in Baghdad.” 

“True, cousin,” said Turhan, putting his hand on Nida’s shoulder to steady her.  “But if it can’t go to the people, at least we know that treasure won’t be in the hands of Bakaar or those grinning bandits.”  Fariik looked up at the sky where the portal had first appeared.  “I wonder just where they came from.  Or when?”  Raseem gave a rueful laugh.  “Wherever and whenever they came from, they can stay there!  Right, little Zazuum?”  The donkey’s bray rang out over the desert sands.