Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

9:11 - Lex Luthor vs. Detective Chimp

SEASON 9, ROUND 11

Lex Luthor

Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Lex Luthor at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Detective Chimp

Slot: The Team's Master Detective
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Detective Chimp at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Twenty-Four Hour Poison

I'm not sure about this one. Realistically, he could just take the celebrity to the Batcave or something and be like "hey Bruce, get your people on this" and probably be fine, but I'm going to assume Detective Chimp himself is supposed to solve this. He knows Luthor for sure but the time frame is a big issue here. Could he catch Luthor? Maybe. Could he do it in 24 hours? That's a lot harder. He does have enhanced senses and would possibly be able to use that to help determine the type of poison. He has the sense of smell of a bloodhound, after all, which might help him here. I think Chimp could take this, but the feats aren't really in his favor here  

• Like 1

I think Luthor just has an easier chance of winning here. He’s an expert in chemicals to a ridiculous extent, so if Chimp has no experience in that, then Luthor shouldn’t have a hard time concocting something too difficult to reverse. I also don’t know how Chimp could confront or put pressure on Luthor.

3 hours ago, Magnamax said:

I think Luthor just has an easier chance of winning here. He’s an expert in chemicals to a ridiculous extent, so if Chimp has no experience in that, then Luthor shouldn’t have a hard time concocting something too difficult to reverse. I also don’t know how Chimp could confront or put pressure on Luthor.

I mean, again, realistically, if this were to happen, Chimp has a massive network of superhero connections he could use to find an antidote. He has collaborated with Batman before on something similar when they couldn't solve it individually. Is that kind of cheating on my end? Maybe. 

On 6/3/2021 at 3:59 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

I mean, again, realistically, if this were to happen, Chimp has a massive network of superhero connections he could use to find an antidote. He has collaborated with Batman before on something similar when they couldn't solve it individually. Is that kind of cheating on my end? Maybe. 

Well I think the idea is that each character is supposed to take on each individually. I would think Chimp calling on another hero (especially one already on another CBUB team) would kinda be cheating.

3 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Well I think the idea is that each character is supposed to take on each individually. I would think Chimp calling on another hero (especially one already on another CBUB team) would kinda be cheating.

Lol yeah, that's fair. My point was that Detective Chimp has never been in this scenario because logically, even if it were to happen in one of his comics, he would probably outsource it. I still think his nose gives him an outside chance to win but it doesn't look good for him