Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Artemis Fowl II at this Wiki
Official Site: Hyperion Books

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Twenty-Four Hour Poison

L is very smart and well-connected, but he doesn't have any feats in the main series of knowing much about poisons. He might have access to someone who would be able to discover what type of poison was used, but I'm not sure he could do so in 24 hours. I think one of the Death Note books involved someone poisoning L, or something, but it's been so long since I read it I can't rely on that knowledge. If it comes down to L having to catch Artemis, he might be able to do so, but certainly not in 24 hours

51 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

L is very smart and well-connected, but he doesn't have any feats in the main series of knowing much about poisons. He might have access to someone who would be able to discover what type of poison was used, but I'm not sure he could do so in 24 hours. I think one of the Death Note books involved someone poisoning L, or something, but it's been so long since I read it I can't rely on that knowledge. If it comes down to L having to catch Artemis, he might be able to do so, but certainly not in 24 hours

Yeah, I agree with this

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

L is very smart and well-connected, but he doesn't have any feats in the main series of knowing much about poisons.

He doesn't really need to, his leaps of logic are kind of above poisons. If you're a good enough detective that you can tell something supernatural is afoot in a grounded series, poisons are below you by a few steps. But that being said, I agree about Artemis Fowl winning at the end of the day. Feel like he has access to poisons that are not present in real life, which leaves L with no way to solve it in 24 hours.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

He doesn't really need to, his leaps of logic are kind of above poisons. If you're a good enough detective that you can tell something supernatural is afoot in a grounded series, poisons are below you by a few steps.

I don't think that's really true. Yeah, L was able to discover the rules of the Death Note accurately within an impressive time-frame, but knowing which poison someone was poisoned by is something that can't necessarily just be intuited unless you actually have a knowledge base of which poisons do what, how the body reacts to them, etc. It's like Wisdom vs. Intelligence. He has a lot Wisdom, so he can intuit things that no one else could ever really figure out, but there are many things that can't just be understood through deduction without thorough knowledge of the subject at hand. He could tell that someone was poisoned obviously, but other than knowing that it takes a day to kill, he hasn't shown the knowledge to actually know which poison was used. Thus, again, he would need to call for help or do outside research into it, which I think would take longer than the allotted time frame.

I don’t know much about Artemis Fowl but are we certain that L wouldn’t be able to track him down within 24 hours? I mean the guy was able to narrow down the location of a world wide serial killer to the Kanto region of Japan with one fell swoop. Surely this Artemis guy isn’t anymore intelligent then Light Yagami.

59 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I don’t know much about Artemis Fowl but are we certain that L wouldn’t be able to track him down within 24 hours? I mean the guy was able to narrow down the location of a world wide serial killer to the Kanto region of Japan with one fell swoop. Surely this Artemis guy isn’t anymore intelligent then Light Yagami.

He might be smarter than Artemis, but it doesn't really matter because the only reason L managed to narrow it down against Light so quickly is because Light was incredibly arrogant and that was a very exploitable weakness. All Light had to do was not kill the fake L when he was obviously goading him into writing down his name, he was just too short-sighted to see that it might have been a trap. Also, as I've pointed out, the entirety of Death Note early on is L just consistently dunking on Light time after time, and slowly tightening the noose around his neck. The only reason Light gets an out is because Misa shows up and her Shinigami is willing to write down L's name at the expense of her own life