Larfleeze

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Larfleeze at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

Sailor Galaxia can reasonably be scaled to universal tiers of power, but Larfleeze really can't. The Wiki lists him as Solar System-level, and while he does scale to Parallax, who is a universal threat, Parallax is a universal threat because of his method of conquering; causing a snowball of fear and despair and destruction. Galaxia has more concrete power, and she should get the win because of it

40 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The Wiki lists him as Solar System-level,

There's no reason as to why we should take the wiki into account, when we have reasons to believe the latter. For some reason the wiki is under the impression that if they were to rate Larfleeze higher than Solar System level it would cause a spiral of scaling, but Larfleeze is always seen as massively above any one person that is Solar System level.

43 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

and while he does scale to Parallax, who is a universal threat, Parallax is a universal threat because of his method of conquering

This is straight up wrong. Zero Hour comes to mind specifically, and Parallax is consistently reference to be on Spectre levels of power. Spectre needing to step in to stop Parallax from erasing the time stream means that this is more than just a conquering deal, as if it was merely conquering the Green Lanterns/Justice League would be sufficient to stop Parallax on his own.

And this ISN'T just Larfleeze being brought to higher levels than he should be as hyperbole, he literally subdued the version of Parallax, the emotional entity of Greed within the DC universe, in his own self. That means he has the ability to call upon that entity at any given moment to fight for him.  Hell, he's on the level of 2 entire Lantern Corps on his own, as Sinestro Corps and Green Lantern Corps were here, the Green Lantern Corps that included WHITE LANTERN Kyle Rayner at the time. You ever wonder what White Lantern Kyle Rayner is listed on the wiki? Have a look.

This man is a one man Lantern Corp (literally, the entire corp is people whose souls he's stolen), one that I had in mind before I even looked at his VS Battle tier cause I was under the impression that they wouldn't pull some garbage "ruins the setting" reasoning for. Furthermore, I'd like for you to give me a singular speed feat that would stop Larfleeze from speedblitzing Sailor Galaxia, as Lanterns are NOTORIOUSLY fast by virtue of being space cops, up to the point where they can traverse the entire DC universe in give or take 10 hours, and Larfleeze constantly clowns on the entire corps, plus Guardians of the Universe.

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

There's no reason as to why we should take the wiki into account, when we have reasons to believe the latter. For some reason the wiki is under the impression that if they were to rate Larfleeze higher than Solar System level it would cause a spiral of scaling, but Larfleeze is always seen as massively above any one person that is Solar System level.

Fair enough. I agree that the wiki does seem to be low-balling him

This is straight up wrong. Zero Hour comes to mind specifically, and Parallax is consistently reference to be on Spectre levels of power. Spectre needing to step in to stop Parallax from erasing the time stream means that this is more than just a conquering deal, as if it was merely conquering the Green Lanterns/Justice League would be sufficient to stop Parallax on his own.

Zero Hour took place in 1994, but between then and when LarFleeze could have interacted with Parallax (Larfleeze premiering in '07), the DC universe was rebooted several times (Infinite Crisis and maybe the New 52 take place between these two events, and Zero Hour itself was also a universal shift I believe). Parallax is shown to be a threat to the Spectre, but you yourself admitted in the last thread that we should be very dubious about scaling him to the highest tiers of the Spectre.

I guess this point is more for clarification, because this is where these discussions (particularly those of DC characters) become very difficult. I was under the impression that most versions of Parallax in the modern era were considerably weaker than the version of him that was wrecking time and threatening to destroy universes. Is he considered a universal threat at the time when Larfleeze would have been able to beat him? Do you have specific events/comics that demonstrate that power? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just genuinely trying to piece together how strong Parallax has been in the decade+ that Larfleeze has been in action. The one time I remember Parallax showing up was in the Sinestro Wars from 2007, and this version of him (and the Anti-Monitor that was also featured in the event) is widely considered to be far weaker than he was previously. Does he get more powerful afterwards?

Hell, he's on the level of 2 entire Lantern Corps on his own, as Sinestro Corps and Green Lantern Corps were here, the Green Lantern Corps that included WHITE LANTERN Kyle Rayner at the time. You ever wonder what White Lantern Kyle Rayner is listed on the wiki? Have a look.

Can I have some context for that link? All I see is three Lanterns in frame talking about how they would need double their numbers but I don't know how many people are there or what the context is. What comic is this from? Also, what is the feat of him against White Lantern Kyle? That would put him well above Universal if true (and if what the wiki say about Kyle is true, I don't know all that much about the character), but I would like to know where it's from and read the full context 

Furthermore, I'd like for you to give me a singular speed feat that would stop Larfleeze from speedblitzing Sailor Galaxia, as Lanterns are NOTORIOUSLY fast by virtue of being space cops, up to the point where they can traverse the entire DC universe in give or take 10 hours, and Larfleeze constantly clowns on the entire corps, plus Guardians of the Universe.

First, I think that question is slightly disingenuous in that combat speed =/= movement speed. However, sure, I can provide some speed feats that Galaxia scales to. I'm just going to link this RT to save me some time, but basically, Sailor Moon gets a distress signal and flies to the center from Earth the center of the Galaxy in what the RT calls "moments." An exact timeframe isn't clear, but it is implied to be very fast and appear visually similar to teleportation. However, the original Japanese makes it clear that she's flying by using the Kanji for it. The center of the Galaxy IRL is 26,000 Light Years away and it seems unreasonable to assume that feat took any more than a few seconds, so she would be massively FTL as well. Would she personally travel as fast as being able to cross the universe in 10 hours? Well, if we assume it takes them 10 seconds to travel there, that's 2,600 Lightyears/second, 2,600 x 60 x 60 is 9,000,000 light years an hour. So no, she's not quite as fast, but again, travel speed =/= combat speed, and I would argue she has more concrete universal showings until I can read the context for Larfleeze's upper-tier feats

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Fair enough. I agree that the wiki does seem to be low-balling him

All gucci, I just don't like people getting the wrong idea of a character cause they're afraid to scale him upward for... some reason?

Parallax is shown to be a threat to the Spectre, but you yourself admitted in the last thread that we should be very dubious about scaling him to the highest tiers of the Spectre.

Yes, cause the highest tiers of Spectre are literally tied to how angry God himself of the DC Universe is feeling. As in, The Source himself. However, I did say this.

Is he considered a universal threat at the time when Larfleeze would have been able to beat him? Do you have specific events/comics that demonstrate that power? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just genuinely trying to piece together how strong Parallax has been in the decade+ that Larfleeze has been in action. The one time I remember Parallax showing up was in the Sinestro Wars from 2007, and this version of him (and the Anti-Monitor that was also featured in the event) is widely considered to be far weaker than he was previously. Does he get more powerful afterwards?

It wouldn't make sense for Parallax to be weaker, as the other entities attached to the Lantern Corps have only gotten stronger. Ion (the Willpower Entity, complete equal to Parallax, the fear entity, which is a complete equal to Ophidian, the avarice entity in power), was strong enough to give Superboy-Prime a fight when it was in "possession" of Sodam Yat, an already Kryptonian level being.

Granted, I know, it makes my head spin when I scale things, as I'm not really a fan of this myself, but these are all universal constants which come from literally the same source, the Life Entity. Which brings me to my next point.

Can I have some context for that link? All I see is three Lanterns in frame talking about how they would need double their numbers but I don't know how many people are there or what the context is. What comic is this from? Also, what is the feat of him against White Lantern Kyle? That would put him well above Universal if true (and if what the wiki say about Kyle is true, I don't know all that much about the character), but I would like to know where it's from and read the full context

The context comes from Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Vol. 11-13, and I gotta mention before you call me out on it, I did appear to have lied about they being the entire corps. However, it was all named Lanterns that actually matter as opposed to fodder, so you know what, I feel like I can understand the brainfart I had myself. Yes, I'm justifying me being an idiot. Go figure.

First, I think that question is slightly disingenuous in that combat speed =/= movement speed. However, sure, I can provide some speed feats that Galaxia scales to. I'm just going to link this RT to save me some time, but basically, Sailor Moon gets a distress signal and flies to the center from Earth the center of the Galaxy in what the RT calls "moments." An exact timeframe isn't clear, but it is implied to be very fast and appear visually similar to teleportation. However, the original Japanese makes it clear that she's flying by using the Kanji for it. The center of the Galaxy IRL is 26,000 Light Years away and it seems unreasonable to assume that feat took any more than a few seconds, so she would be massively FTL as well. Would she personally travel as fast as being able to cross the universe in 10 hours? Well, if we assume it takes them 10 seconds to travel there, that's 2,600 Lightyears/second, 2,600 x 60 x 60 is 9,000,000 light years an hour. So no, she's not quite as fast, but again, travel speed =/= combat speed, and I would argue she has more concrete universal showings until I can read the context for Larfleeze's upper-tier feats

Even then, I get what you mean but it when you're moving at the unimaginably fast movement speed that you are, you need to have reactions that are just as fast as that so you don't accidentally burst through a planet like it was swiss cheese. But for the most part, you're right in the fact that comics do distinguish things like that. Can't say I remember Larfleeze having any anti feats when it comes to moving and reacting at speeds that quick however.