Zeno

Slot: The Team's Anime Character
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Zeno at this Wiki
Official Site: Funimation

Battle Terrain

If it was in his realm, Mephisto may have something to bring to the table, but since it is not, I think Zeno takes it rather easily.

I'm not entirely sure on this one. My initial thought was that Zeno would be more powerful, but the more I think about it, I'm not entirely sure that's true. While Zeno has higher concrete feats of power, Mephisto fighting evenly with Galactus in a fight that threatened to destroy the universe is a very impressive feat, and if he's in his realm, he could probably protect it from Zeno's universal annihilation, at least going by the fact that he held off the multiversal Galactus. I think I'm still leaning towards Zeno. His universal feats are very casual, we aren't sure exactly how strong Galactus was during their fight, and Zeno doesn't seem the time to try to bargain with him

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not entirely sure on this one. My initial thought was that Zeno would be more powerful, but the more I think about it, I'm not entirely sure that's true. While Zeno has higher concrete feats of power, Mephisto fighting evenly with Galactus in a fight that threatened to destroy the universe is a very impressive feat, and if he's in his realm, he could probably protect it from Zeno's universal annihilation, at least going by the fact that he held off the multiversal Galactus. I think I'm still leaning towards Zeno. His universal feats are very casual, we aren't sure exactly how strong Galactus was during their fight, and Zeno doesn't seem the time to try to bargain with him

Well, Zeno destroyed 12 universes in one attack including, he also destroyed 6 universes just because he was annoyed.

He didn't seemed to be exhausted by these attacks either which Dragon Ball usually does to show that person is near their limits, so Zeno could be way more powerful and we just can't see it. 

I don't know, Mephisto being compared in power to both Odin and to Galactus makes me believe that he has a chance against Zeno. Zeno has destroyed 12 universes very casually, yes, I'll give you that, but Mephisto showing strain fighting the heavy hitters of Marvel is a good enough indication that he could fight Zeno on even footing. Especially since he refers to a fight with Hela bigger than Ragnarok, Ragnarok being the end of Yggdrasil, which is portrayed as infinite in size. 12 universes casually being destroyed is cool and all, but next to infinite, they kind of pale.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

I don't know, Mephisto being compared in power to both Odin and to Galactus makes me believe that he has a chance against Zeno. Zeno has destroyed 12 universes very casually, yes, I'll give you that, but Mephisto showing strain fighting the heavy hitters of Marvel is a good enough indication that he could fight Zeno on even footing. Especially since he refers to a fight with Hela bigger than Ragnarok, Ragnarok being the end of Yggdrasil, which is portrayed as infinite in size. 12 universes casually being destroyed is cool and all, but next to infinite, they kind of pale.

That is a valid point, but if infinite is your argument there, when Goku transformed into UI he shook the void which was infinite and he is like a spec of dust in comparison to Zeno.

Just now, IKA said:

That is a valid point, but if infinite is your argument there, when Goku transformed into UI he shook the void which was infinite and he is like a spec of dust in comparison to Zeno.

Translation error. It wasn't infinite, it was eternal, as in time was fucky in the void.

28 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Translation error. It wasn't infinite, it was eternal, as in time was fucky in the void.

The actual description of the void is "A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and emptiness" but that was said before the grand priest was creating stuff there and really makes no sense in that context. Later it is said that Goku shook the world of the void which as said stretches on for eternity or in other words is infinite. So you're not wrong, but not correct either.

6 minutes ago, IKA said:

The actual description of the void is "A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and emptiness" but that was said before the grand priest was creating stuff there and really makes no sense in that context. Later it is said that Goku shook the world of the void which as said stretches on for eternity or in other words is infinite. So you're not wrong, but not correct either.

So this post is a misconception, then?

Yes, if you read it in the context in which it is written you should see even the person who wrote that knows it makes no sense. Hence the 3'oclock joke.

Think of it this way, if the Void really had no time in it... Then what purpose did the pillar center stage serve? It would not have worked had time not progressed. 

Hit would also not have been able to use Time Skip, Trap Jiren in a separate time frame, nor would the sentiment that Jiren's power transcends time make any sense.

44 minutes ago, IKA said:

Hit would also not have been able to use Time Skip, Trap Jiren in a separate time frame, nor would the sentiment that Jiren's power transcends time make any sense.

Hit pockets time in his pocketdimension, this is a well known factoid about his power. Also, the sentiment that Jiren's power transcends time doesn't make sense either way, but characters breaking through dimensions is not really anything new. Goku did it to Hit specifically, and I recall Buu doing that like 15 arcs ago.

Yes he can pocket time, but to use it to manipulate time around Jiren wouldn't have been possible. Also using his stored time to alter the void also makes no sense.

Buu tore holes in the fabric of reality, at least that was my understanding of what was happening.

1 minute ago, IKA said:

Yes he can pocket time, but to use it to manipulate time around Jiren wouldn't have been possible.

Again, Hit doesn't just manipulate time, he literally forms a sphere of Time around the opponent which he then manipulates, which can be broken with sheer power. Goku did it. That's where the line "Jiren is stronger than Time" also comes from.

Goku having the ability to affect an infinite plane of existence doesn't really track with the power of the universe thus far. If he could do that, he could theoretically destroy or at least influence multiple universes at once, making Zeno's most powerful feat really not that impressive, when it's portrayed as something that everyone is fearful of. To me, this is like when Death Battle tried to argue that Superman has literally infinite strength because he lifted Spectre, who's said to have the weight of eternity or something like that. It's probably just hyperbole