Rumble 20546 Killjoy vs. The Leprechaun
MATCH SCORE
Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

9:1 - Saint of Killers vs. Frieza (Freeza)

SEASON 9, ROUND 1

Saint of Killers

Slot: The Team's DC Comics Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Saint of Killers at this Wiki
Official Site: Vertigo Comics

Frieza (Freeza)

Slot: The Team's Anime Character
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Frieza (Freeza) at this Wiki
Official Site: Funimation

Battle Terrain

This depends on two things: How literally we interpret the Divine Colts, and how seriously Frieza takes the fight initially. While it's true that the Divine Colts killed the devil and God in his universe, those two were featless beings that were just vaguely powerful. In any event, after Saint of Killers fires, Frieza is so much faster that he could just kill him before the shots even hit, assuming they do. Still, Frieza is very arrogant and likes to show off his power. If he lets the SoK fire, it's possible it will one-shot Frieza 

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This depends on two things: How literally we interpret the Divine Colts, and how seriously Frieza takes the fight initially. While it's true that the Divine Colts killed the devil and God in his universe, those two were featless beings that were just vaguely powerful. In any event, after Saint of Killers fires, Frieza is so much faster that he could just kill him before the shots even hit, assuming they do. Still, Frieza is very arrogant and likes to show off his power. If he lets the SoK fire, it's possible it will one-shot Frieza 

Yeah, problem here is that Frieza is a person who loves gloating. Saint of Killers is a person who shoots first, doesn't ask any questions later cause the guns kill everything they're pointed at. And I wouldn't call them featless, God still created the universe in that story. It should at the very least be able to kill Frieza.

14 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

13 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah, problem here is that Frieza is a person who loves gloating. Saint of Killers is a person who shoots first, doesn't ask any questions later cause the guns kill everything they're pointed at. And I wouldn't call them featless, God still created the universe in that story. It should at the very least be able to kill Frieza.

Yeah but as I recall Frieza usually only toys with or gloats at those who have managed to peak his interest. On Namek for example, he toyed with Nail because he was told he was the strongest of the Namekians and wanted a challenge. While with the other Z Warriors he seemed more focused on Vegeta then the others, mostly because of the shared history the two had, he didn’t seem that interested in the others and attempted instant kill on them several times (thankfully Dende healed them). He’s also instant killed Bardock and Planet Vegeta because he knew none of them were on his level yet, and when he and Goku first meet on Namik he tried to death beam him because he thought Goku was just another small fly he could swat. So in my mind, he’ll likely see the Saint of Killers as another puny human and go for the instant kill immediately.

I'm of the opinion that Frieza won't really take a guy with a gun very seriously. He's too arrogant when he thinks someone isn't a threat. Saint of Killers shoots and Frieza is down.

8 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Yeah but as I recall Frieza usually only toys with or gloats at those who have managed to peak his interest. On Namek for example, he toyed with Nail because he was told he was the strongest of the Namekians and wanted a challenge. While with the other Z Warriors he seemed more focused on Vegeta then the others, mostly because of the shared history the two had, he didn’t seem that interested in the others and attempted instant kill on them several times (thankfully Dende healed them). He’s also instant killed Bardock and Planet Vegeta because he knew none of them were on his level yet, and when he and Goku first meet on Namik he tried to death beam him because he thought Goku was just another small fly he could swat. So in my mind, he’ll likely see the Saint of Killers as another puny human and go for the instant kill immediately.

A lot of those situations where Frieza shot instantly were 1. Not actually instant and 2. Very situational. For example, he did destroy Planet Vegeta and kill Bardock instantly, but it wasn't the first time they met or anything. He specifically decided that he was going there to destroy the planet, and even then he used a relatively slow charging and slow moving attack. As for the Goku example, he did shoot first, but he was already in combat with Vegeta and Goku just got in the way. There are more examples of Frieza not going for the instakill than him killing immediately: Nail, Piccolo, Gohan, Vegeta, everyone in the Resurrection movie. He does occassionally go for the OHKO, but he's also very boastful and not especially likely to kill in one hit.

However, I think you could argue against the "bullet autokill" thing. Yeah, it does kill the God of his universe, but his only feat is creating the universe (I know, "only" lol). Frieza has greater than universal attack potency and durability, and more importantly, he's not only far faster than the Saint of Killers, he's also far faster than anything the Saint of Killers has fought by many orders of magnitude. It's a NLF, in my eyes, to just blindly accept that anything hit by the guns is automatically going to die, and Frieza could keep dodging those shots for more than long enough to land a killing blow on the Saint of Killers, even if you do accept that the Saint's guns will kill him. So for me, the real argument is whether or not Frieza will let the bullet hit him

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

A lot of those situations where Frieza shot instantly were 1. Not actually instant and 2. Very situational. For example, he did destroy Planet Vegeta and kill Bardock instantly, but it wasn't the first time they met or anything. He specifically decided that he was going there to destroy the planet, and even then he used a relatively slow charging and slow moving attack. As for the Goku example, he did shoot first, but he was already in combat with Vegeta and Goku just got in the way. There are more examples of Frieza not going for the instakill than him killing immediately: Nail, Piccolo, Gohan, Vegeta, everyone in the Resurrection movie. He does occassionally go for the OHKO, but he's also very boastful and not especially likely to kill in one hit.

However, I think you could argue against the "bullet autokill" thing. Yeah, it does kill the God of his universe, but his only feat is creating the universe (I know, "only" lol). Frieza has greater than universal attack potency and durability, and more importantly, he's not only far faster than the Saint of Killers, he's also far faster than anything the Saint of Killers has fought by many orders of magnitude. It's a NLF, in my eyes, to just blindly accept that anything hit by the guns is automatically going to die, and Frieza could keep dodging those shots for more than long enough to land a killing blow on the Saint of Killers, even if you do accept that the Saint's guns will kill him. So for me, the real argument is whether or not Frieza will let the bullet hit him

Yeah I think it’s pretty well known that Frieza’s feats put him above the Saint of Killers in every area, I was just bringing up the only argument that could be used against my guy. I definitely agree that Saints gun shouldn’t be definitely thought of as an instant kill, specifically against characters like Frieza who are on a whole different level then Saints universe.

I just think your missing my main point about Frieza’s mindset going in: yes he’s toyed with opponents in the past but only those like Goku, Vegeta, or Piccolo who he deemed worthy of his time. In his mindset Saint is just another puny human, so their would be no reason for him to even wait for Saint to attack, he’s far more likely to just go for the instant kill like he’s done against Krillin or Gohan because he has no reason to think Saint would even be fun to toy with.