Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 16271 Red Arrow vs. Constantine Drakon

Pizzaguy2995

Brave New World PT 4

Metropolis General Hospital

“I thought you said the tests were gonna take a few hours tops?” Kara Danvers frowned at Dr. Hamilton.

“So sorry Ms. Danvers, but our machines have apparently been glitching all day and our tech group told me we won’t get any accurate results until tomorrow morning at least. Since it’s already getting dark out why don’t you just spend the night here and in the morning we can get you checked out and back to being a superhero,” The second gen Hamilton Doctor offered as she closed the blinds to Kara’s room.

“Why do I have the feeling you were planning this from the start?” Kara frowned as the Doctor started leaving the room.

“I’m sure I don’t know what you mean. Please try to get some rest Kara, Metropolis... no, the world needs you to be at your best,” Dr. flipped the lights to her room and closed the door.

Kara sighed in frustration and laid back down on the hospital bed. Frowning at her arm still being in the cast, Kara knew she didn’t need the cast anymore, her arm was no longer feeling num and she could move her hand around without feeling any pain. She could only assume Dr. Hamilton just wanted to be certain that she got the proper resting time before she tracked down that jerk H’el for round 2. Then again, would she even be able to defeat him even at her best? Sure she had been pretty drained fighting Superwoman before hand, but she still shouldn’t have been so easily overpowered by that bastard. Surely not even Kal had been that strong.

“Hello Dick, I presume Wallace told you what happened today?” She didn’t even bother to look up at the shadowy figure lurking in the corner of the room.

“You know, I’m starting to think the years spent learning how to mask my own heartbeat from detection was for nothing,” The second Batman emerged from the shadows looking more then a little annoyed.

“Oh it wasn’t your heartbeat that gave you away. Next time you shop, try buying less potent shampoos,” Kara allowed herself a brief smile before getting down to business. “I’m guessing you already did a sweep of the laboratory, did you find anything that we missed?”

“No, it just looks like an angry Kryptonian smashed his way through the place until he found what he wanted. When you confronted him, did he give away any clues as to what he was planning?” Grayson asked her.

“All I learned from him was that he needed Owlman for something, he didn’t seem to like fellow Kryptonians like me, and that he might be stronger then anyone I’ve ever encountered,” Kara answered him.

“Damn. I was kinda hoping their might be some connection between this attack and the break in at Cadmus,” The new Dark Knight mumbled.

“Break in? At Cadmus?” The Girl of Steel asked.

“The new Cadmus base in Gotham City to be exact. Apparently something very important was stolen from the base, so important in fact that the Cadmus board of directors haven’t officially reported the break in,” Dick explained.

“Really? Sounds pretty shady to me Dick,” Kara remarked. “Did you have any better luck finding clues to that case?”

“Forensic evidence seemed to indicate the heist was done by a crew of at least three individuals that appeared to have separated after the break in; each member leaving a trail that leads to three different cities.” Dick Grayson told Kara Zor-El.

“I can help you out with picking up the trails if you need me,” Kara offered.

“No, you should be more focused on figuring out who this H’el guy was and what he’s planning. I’ve already gotten some old friends trying to track down the device. They should report back to me as soon as they find something,” Dick explained.

My name is Roy Harper.

When I was 13 years old I lost my adopted father Brave Bow to a corrupt county sheriff who then framed me for the crime! With the help of Star City’s guardian hero, Green Arrow, my name was cleared and the crooked sheriff arrested. After that I became the Emerald Archer’s sidekick, Speedy, and for many years we kept the criminal forces of Star City in check. When Ollie died well, let’s just say I went down a pretty dark road, one filled with plenty of regrets. But Star City still needed a hero, someone willing to continue my late mentor’s cause. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become something else...

“Waiter! Hey Carrot Top hop to it will ya? We got customers waiting!”

What? Even a hero needs to pay his bills and with my track record not too many other places would be willing to hire me. Besides, their is some advantages to working as an unassuming waiter at Brickwell’s Diners.

Named after the late metahuman crime lord, the Diner has become pretty popular amongst the citizens of The Glades, particularly the more criminally inclined. Overhearing the low level mook loudly brag about his work was all too easy but the biggest scores come when a pair of high level mobsters stop by their favorite place to eat for business talks.

“Take the order over to the boys by the window and turn the TV to the sports channel! The Star City Thunder are playing against the Coast City Clippers in a few minutes!”

A couple nights ago an old friend from Gotham told me that a pretty important device from Cadmus labs had been stolen and that one of the thieves had apparently made their way to Star City. If their looking to sell it to a local crime lord  then this should be one of the likelier places for them to meet up. Haven’t heard any talk about it yet, but I’m a patient guy and I’ve still got a four hour shift left.

“Good afternoon Mr. Church. I trust you’ll have the same seat as usual?”

Out of the corner of my eye I watched as a server lead the Mr. Church over to his reserved seating. Tobias Church arrived in Star City two years ago and has since become one of the cities premier criminal bosses. Taking back several dirty dishes from some of the rowdier customers, I slowed down as I looked over at the “King’s Table,” a very exclusive part of the Diner separated from the rest of it via a soundproof glass wall with the only door to enter being guarded by three big time henchmen at all times. Looks like Mr. Church had some very sensitive topics he had to discuss with his lieutenants, too bad he never planned for someone being able to read lips.

‘The agent... making sure him... the device... well looked after?’ Church asked.

‘Yes sir... holed up... safe house... docks... We’re checking... couple of hours... sure,’ the lackey answered.

‘Check on... again after... one of the Organization favorites... so you make... everything he needs and... a good word... masters, got it?’ Church ordered.

“Hey Harper! Hurry your ginger ass up! Your a waiter not a fucking turtle!” 

The Organization hmmm? Well looks like I can follow Church’s goons back to the device at least, I just gotta find a way to get around my uptight boss first.

“Pssst, hey Stephen, you still owe me a favor right? Mind covering for me while I leave work early tonight?” I asked another waiter who was also putting dirty dishes in the sink.

“Again? Okay Roy but only cause I think your a cool guy,” Stephen Amell joked.

“Thanks man, I’ll make it up to you latter.” Roy quickly put his uniform back in his locker, then sneaked out the back door.

“Good news is, I’ve decided not to cripple anyone today. Bad news is, Tobias will probably kill you for leading me to this safe house.”

Upon binding and gagging the last of the mooks, Red Arrow stepped in front of the groups leader, still futilely struggling to free himself. Grabbing the lead guy by the shirt, Red Arrow pulled him so that they were face to face.

“Seriously, when the police come by to offer you a protection deal take it. You wouldn’t be the first man he’s had killed for failing him, you’ll just be the latest.”

Leaving the henchmen bound by their car, the Maroon Archer grappled his way up to the roof of the building and entered through a window. The safe house looked to be an old warehouse of sorts, with plenty of boxes stacked as far as the eye can see.

Not noticing any signs of anyone around, Red Arrow turned on his thermal imaging goggles to better scan the area. Whoever this agent was, no way would he have left the device alone for long.

A spray of bullets forced Red Arrow to jump for cover, firing off some arrows on instinct. Ducked behind cover, Red Arrow waited until he heard some footsteps grow closer to his position, then sprang out and fired off an arrow. To his shock, the man caught the arrow out of mid air, just before it reached his face.

“So you’ve finally managed to sniff me out have you? Tell me, are you still going by Arsenal or is it Red Arrow now? I can never care enough to remember,” Constantine Drakon, one of the strongest foes Ollie and me have ever fought.

“It’s Red Arrow, now where’s the device you stole Drakon?” I kept a drawn bolt on him at all times, he’s too dangerous to take any chances with.

“Oh it’s around here somewhere. What do you even know about it Red Arrow? Do you even know what it is?” Drakon asked in a very condescending manner.

“I know that it doesn’t belong to you Constantine or to this ‘Organization’ that your working for,” Red Arrow narrowed his eyes at him.

“So you don’t know anything then? Tsk, tsk, you haven’t changed at all through these years have you Speedy? Still the same little boy pretending to be like his dear old mentor. Pity he isn’t here to protect you anymore,” Drakon tried to approach me, but I kept sidestepping away. Not gonna let him get too close yet.

“I’m not a kid anymore Constantine! And your long past your prime! Tell me what the device is and what your Organization wants from it!” Red Arrow demanded.

“Your much too late to stop it I’m afraid. I was supposed to wait until the main attack to take care of you, but what’s an hour or two in the grand scheme of things anyway?” Constantine sarcastically asked.

“Main attack? What are you talking-” Arrow ducked a flying kick and fired a bolt that Drakon batted away.

“Best focus on the now Red Arrow, you wouldn’t want to die at the hands of an old man would you?”

Roy Harper (Red Arrow) taking on Constantine Drakon in a fight to the death. Fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse with many stacks of boxes around. Who takes this?

Sorry I missed this one, Pizzaguy. Good story, but there are a couple of things I'm noticing here: 

- First of all, Supergirl was referred to as both Kara Danvers and Kara Zor-El. Was this a mistake (as I know that both characters exist in the main DCU), or does the Supergirl in your arc use Danvers as an alias? 

- Second of all, watch your usages of "their", "there", and "they're", as well as "you're" and "your".

As for the match, I agree that Drakon rightfully won here.

13 hours ago, DSkillz said:

- First of all, Supergirl was referred to as both Kara Danvers and Kara Zor-El. Was this a mistake (as I know that both characters exist in the main DCU), or does the Supergirl in your arc use Danvers as an alias? 

Ah, never mind. I was thinking of Linda Danvers, who once took up the Supergirl mantle.