Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

8:8 - Nightcrawler vs. Shiki

SEASON 8, ROUND 8

Nightcrawler

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Nightcrawler at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Shiki

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Superhuman (Lowest Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Shiki at this Wiki
Official Site: Type-Moon

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: R'lyeh

R'lyeh would probably make jumping around pretty hard for Nightcrawler, to be honest. He has to see where he wants to teleport, right? The strange angles and incomprehensible architecture would make that difficult. If Nightcrawler were brutal and just popped Shiki into low orbit or something that might work, but he never really fights that way, and it only takes one hit for Shiki to win

• Like 1

Terrain actually works against Shiki pretty significantly. His ability is extremely taxing on his mind. As the vsdbattles wiki states "More critically, the human mind was not built to comprehend death on such a level, and using them is highly taxing, causing headaches, and, if Shiki pushes himself too far, potentially death."

Combine the strain of using his power with the madness inducing terrain and he's gonna lose before he has a chance to hurt Nightcrawler, who just needs to be quick and stay out of range to win. Nightcrawler has more avenues to success than Shiki.

1 hour ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Terrain actually works against Shiki pretty significantly. His ability is extremely taxing on his mind. As the vsdbattles wiki states "More critically, the human mind was not built to comprehend death on such a level, and using them is highly taxing, causing headaches, and, if Shiki pushes himself too far, potentially death."

Combine the strain of using his power with the madness inducing terrain and he's gonna lose before he has a chance to hurt Nightcrawler, who just needs to be quick and stay out of range to win. Nightcrawler has more avenues to success than Shiki.

This is a misconception about R'lyeh. R'lyeh, as far as I can remember or find, isn't what drives people insane. It just has strange, non-Euclidean geometry. Cthulhu is the one making people crazy

52 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This is a misconception about R'lyeh. R'lyeh, as far as I can remember or find, isn't what drives people insane. It just has strange, non-Euclidean geometry. Cthulhu is the one making people crazy

Yeah, I was about to say. It's not really something that causes you to go insane, it just has physics that don't really work like the preconceived notions of physics most people have. So people that rely on movement are kind of fucked, which Nightcrawler falls under in my opinion.

21 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Yeah, I was about to say. It's not really something that causes you to go insane, it just has physics that don't really work like the preconceived notions of physics most people have. So people that rely on movement are kind of fucked, which Nightcrawler falls under in my opinion.

Yeah, there's a lot going against nightcrawler here. This Shiki character is quite the contender.

Avenues to success. Let's look at some.

The first is if Kurt just teleports behind Shiki and punches him in the head. That's pretty much game over. I'd imagine the weird geometry probably won't matter as much as people think, as Nightcrawler should be perfectly accustomed to the weird and paranormal. There's no reason to think that geometry that messes with Nightcrawler will have any less of an effect on someone who relies on sight to make his attacks. Also, Nightcrawler has weird angel stuff going on, which may make him one of the more conceptually complex beings that Shiki struggles against.

But let's entertain the notion that teleporting within this space is unreliable, and that Nightcrawler won't be able to go where he actually wants to within R'lyeh. Fine, he can leave. Like, he can just teleport to a place he's familiar with, like he does here. Just leaving the battlefield and letting Shiki rot in this strange place with Cthulu. Good luck with that.

Or imagine if Nightcrawler grabs Shiki and bamfs him somewhere else within this space. That would seriously fuck with Shiki's head, making the attack even more potent than how much bamfing someone can already hurt them.

Also, using his little Bamfs(the strange small imp things) would minimize the effect of the weird terrain. They could spread out through the area, allowing Nightcrawler to make successful and stress free teleports around the city.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Or imagine if Nightcrawler grabs Shiki and bamfs him somewhere else within this space. That would seriously fuck with Shiki's head, making the attack even more potent than how much bamfing someone can already hurt them.

This runs on the assumption that Shiki would literally not move the moment Nightcrawler puts his hands on him, but Shiki is fast enough to dissect a FTE character before she can even react. (Which is funny, cause the reason he did this is due to the fact that she was something supernatural, and not a normal human. If he sees Nightcrawler in his true glory, the bloodlust will hit him hard and fast.) For the record, this is proof that the person he was fighting had the ability to move at FTE speeds. (Even though I don't think it's needed, it's anime, pretty much everyone is expected to move this fast.) Hell, he's fast enough to react to lightning heading his way and kill it in the period the lightning itself travels. As it stands, I need proof that Nightcrawler can grab onto Shiki before Shiki one shots him.

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

This runs on the assumption that Shiki would literally not move the moment Nightcrawler puts his hands on him, but Shiki is fast enough to dissect a FTE character before she can even react. (Which is funny, cause the reason he did this is due to the fact that she was something supernatural, and not a normal human. If he sees Nightcrawler in his true glory, the bloodlust will hit him hard and fast.) For the record, this is proof that the person he was fighting had the ability to move at FTE speeds. (Even though I don't think it's needed, it's anime, pretty much everyone is expected to move this fast.) Hell, he's fast enough to react to lightning heading his way and kill it in the period the lightning itself travels. As it stands, I need proof that Nightcrawler can grab onto Shiki before Shiki one shots him.

I'm sorry, did he just kill a bolt of lightning?

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm sorry, did he just kill a bolt of lightning?

Yes, he can kill abstract things. It certainly is a power. Probably should've dug this scan up for the Tracer fight, but shoulda woulda coulda and all that.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Yes, he can kill abstract things. It certainly is a power. Probably should've dug this scan up for the Tracer fight, but shoulda woulda coulda and all that.

That is, uh, certainly something. Do you think he could one-shot Superman?

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

That is, uh, certainly something. Do you think he could one-shot Superman?

Not sure. Superman is weird when it comes to esoteric abilities and thanks to DC constantly churning out DC comics, he has pretty much survived everything and lived to tell the tale. I'm sure that there's an ability that's similar in DC that has failed to kill him cause he's the poster boy, but unless he's shown explicit resistance to it, it's anyone game.