Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

8:8 - Psylocke vs. D'Vorah

SEASON 8, ROUND 8

Psylocke

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Psylocke at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment

D'Vorah

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about D'Vorah at this Wiki
Official Site: WB Interactive Entertainment

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Murderworld

The familiarity won't really change anything, D'Vorah is a naturally agile combatant with the ability to fly so she should be able to deal with Murderworld just as well as Psylocke would, even this deep in her career. And while I do believe that Psylocke has the ability to win a battle against her in a straight 1 v 1, I don't think she can deal with D'Vorah abusing the ability to turn into insects and then back into her normal humanoid body. Hell, I don't see Psylocke having a counter to having D'Vorah dump her entire body (made up of tiny insects) into every orifice of Psylocke, especially considering the fact that Psylocke will have to worry about Murderworld. D'Vorah will have to worry about it as well, but not as much, considering the fact that she's so much smaller when she's insects to the point that her size only is a good way to deal with Murderworld's traps. (Arcade doesn't really take into account things that small being here.)

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The familiarity won't really change anything, D'Vorah is a naturally agile combatant with the ability to fly so she should be able to deal with Murderworld just as well as Psylocke would, even this deep in her career. And while I do believe that Psylocke has the ability to win a battle against her in a straight 1 v 1, I don't think she can deal with D'Vorah abusing the ability to turn into insects and then back into her normal humanoid body. Hell, I don't see Psylocke having a counter to having D'Vorah dump her entire body (made up of tiny insects) into every orifice of Psylocke, especially considering the fact that Psylocke will have to worry about Murderworld. D'Vorah will have to worry about it as well, but not as much, considering the fact that she's so much smaller when she's insects to the point that her size only is a good way to deal with Murderworld's traps. (Arcade doesn't really take into account things that small being here.)

To me this seems a lot like the Nightcrawler argument where he could just teleport someone into the air and drop them. Yes, that's something he could do given his power set, but something he rarely if ever actually does use in combat. I remember her losing lots of fights in MK 10 and MK 11 because she stays in her human form basically all the time, and in the comics, it looks like she doesn't really outgrow that problem either. Granted, she does survive this, but it takes her a long while to regen from it which still counts as a loss in my book. Psylocke's telekinesis is also able to push back many X-men with telekinetic blasts and is fast enough to deflect bullets, so I don't even think the "dumping every bug" trick would work at all. No individual bug is going to be moving faster than a bullet, and if they start to swarm her she can just psychic wave them away. Considering her blasts can rip robots apart, she'd definitely be able to squash bugs with it. And if that (somehow) didn't work, she could always use this shield she has to keep them at bay. In summary, I don't really know that that's how D'vorah fights anyway, but even if it is and she does choose to fight that way in time, she's still not going to be able to counter Psylocke's shields, telekinetic waves, speed, and reaction time.

9 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Um I would think familiarity would change absolutely everything dude. Would D’Vorah ever assume that cotton candy would try to kill her? That funny looking clowns would grow hand saws and try to dice her up? Has she ever prepared for the day she was strapped inside a giant pinball machine dodging giant spiked balls while college dropout Joker shrilled with laughter every time she brushes past death? Dude, I think you underestimate how horrifying Murderworld can be to the uninitiated.