Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

8:8 - Mechagodzilla vs. War Machine

SEASON 8, ROUND 8

Mechagodzilla

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Tectonic (Medium-High Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 2
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mechagodzilla at this Wiki
Official Site: Toho Co

War Machine

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Tectonic (Medium-High Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about War Machine at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Detroit Ruins

Well at least I think Mecha G has a shot here. They have very similar stats, and Mecha G's attack speed is faster (Speed of light MASERS). That, plus the Absolute Zero Cannon would certainly be a win con for him. They're both very durable and hit very hard, but Mecha G has those two things going for him

While Rhodes has survived being thrown through a mountain and being nuked, Mecha G tanked attacks from Godzilla, specifically he could only be finished off by Goji’s Uranium Atomic Heat Ray, which from what I understand is a planet busting attack. Also considering Mecha G’s attacks have taken down Godzilla (again whose survived planet busting feats) multiple times, Rhodes I don’t think has the feats to match. Mecha Godzilla has the edge for this match I think.

9 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Goji’s Uranium Atomic Heat Ray, which from what I understand is a planet busting attack.

The Mecha G you're talking about, the Heisei one, is not in this match due to being a higher tier than Rhodey. Rhodey is fighting against Kiryu.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

The Mecha G you're talking about, the Heisei one, is not in this match due to being a higher tier than Rhodey. Rhodey is fighting against Kiryu.

In the past we’ve always used a composite Mecha Godzilla. Regardless Kiryu has still tanked Godzilla’s atomic breath, which is far more powerful then anything Rhodes can replicate, and his Absolute Zero Cannon bypasses conventional durability so Rhodes won’t be able to tank it like regular blasts. Still a win Mecha G, or Kiryu in this case.

1 minute ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

In the past we’ve always used a composite Mecha Godzilla.

In the past we've also never had to be confined to a specific tier for a character so this is no excuse.

2 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Regardless Kiryu has still tanked Godzilla’s atomic breath, which is far more powerful then anything Rhodes can replicate

On what basis? Give me a proof that this version of Godzilla can break through a mountain with physical attacks or his atomic breathe. Or deal enough damage to destroy something the size of Manhattan. I don't buy it.

6 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

his Absolute Zero Cannon bypasses conventional durability so Rhodes won’t be able to tank it like regular blasts.

His Absolute Zero Cannon still needs to hit Rhodey, who has enough maneuverability to dodge something like that. Furthermore, I'd go on record to say that this is not a good idea for Kiryu because if I recall correctly it eats away at his battery a lot.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

On what basis? Give me a proof that this version of Godzilla can break through a mountain with physical attacks or his atomic breathe. Or deal enough damage to destroy something the size of Manhattan. I don't buy it.

Rhodes was thrown through the mountain Macklemore, he didn’t break through it with physical attacks, don’t get it twisted. When exactly did War Machine destroy something the size of Manhattan? I know Tony did something like that, but Rhodes never did. The Godzilla from the two Kiryu films regularly levels entire cities, so if Kiryu can tank those attacks he can tank War Machine’s.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

His Absolute Zero Cannon still needs to hit Rhodey, who has enough maneuverability to dodge something like that. Furthermore, I'd go on record to say that this is not a good idea for Kiryu because if I recall correctly it eats away at his battery a lot.

Like Peypey said, Kiryu’s attacks move much faster then War Machine’s (speed of light MASERS) Rhodey ain’t gonna be able to dodge that. 

3 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:
Rhodes was thrown through the mountain Macklemore, he didn’t break through it with physical attacks, don’t get it twisted.

Okay? And I want you to post proof that Godzilla/Kiryu attacked at that level in the two MechaGodzilla movies we are looking over here, cause that merely knocked him out, it didn't even break through the armor iirc.

4 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:
When exactly did War Machine destroy something the size of Manhattan? I know Tony did something like that, but Rhodes never did.

Pure extrapolation proves that both of these characters can do that, as the the armor that Rhodey used back then was a literal copy of the one Iron Man used for that feat.

5 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:
Like Peypey said, Kiryu’s attacks move much faster then War Machine’s (speed of light MASERS) Rhodey ain’t gonna be able to dodge that.

Right, and I didn't say the masers won't hit. I said the AZC won't hit cause it's huge, takes literal hours (from Rhodey's perspective) to charge up and it drains the battery of Kiryu hard. If he uses the masers, good for him. But you gotta prove that the accumulative damage of the masers will be enough to even match the level of being thrown through a mountain, and that's not even going into the intangibility that Rhodey's newer suits have.

43 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Okay? And I want you to post proof that Godzilla/Kiryu attacked at that level in the two MechaGodzilla movies we are looking over here, cause that merely knocked him out, it didn't even break through the armor iirc

Like I previously said, Kiryu/Godzilla regularly destroy entire cities, I’m pretty sure destroying an entire city>breaking through part of a mountain.

43 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Pure extrapolation proves that both of these characters can do that, as the the armor that Rhodey used back then was a literal copy of the one Iron Man used for that feat.

Okay fine let’s say Rhodes could replicate that feat, Manhattan is exactly 22.82 square miles across, Tateyama (the city GXMG Godzilla obliterated when he first attacked Japan) is exactly 42.49 square miles across. So again if Kiryu can tank those kinds of attacks he’ll tank War Machines.

59 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Right, and I didn't say the masers won't hit. I said the AZC won't hit cause it's huge, takes literal hours (from Rhodey's perspective) to charge up and it drains the battery of Kiryu hard. If he uses the masers, good for him. But you gotta prove that the accumulative damage of the masers will be enough to even match the level of being thrown through a mountain, and that's not even going into the intangibility that Rhodey's newer suits have.

And I didn’t say the AZC was light speed. My thought would be if Kiryu could soften Rhodes up and slow him down with his Masers Kiryu could save his trump card for when Rhodes is vulnerable. Even better, what’s to stop Kiryu from grabbing Rhodes and physically holding him until Kiryu blasts him with the AZC?