Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

8:7 - Alita (Last Order - Imaginos 2.0) vs. The Absorbing Man (David Banner)

SEASON 8, ROUND 7

Alita (Last Order - Imaginos 2.0)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Alita (Last Order - Imaginos 2.0) at this Wiki
Official Site: Yukito Kishiro

The Absorbing Man (David Banner)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Nuclear (Medium Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Absorbing Man (David Banner) at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Pictures

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Shaolin Temple

There's not really that much in the area for Absorbing Man to absorb, and if he tries to get in a straight up fist fight against Alita he's going to lose immediately. Unless I'm missing something here, the terrain screws him over and this should be a pretty easy win for Alita.

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

There's not really that much in the area for Absorbing Man to absorb, and if he tries to get in a straight up fist fight against Alita he's going to lose immediately. Unless I'm missing something here, the terrain screws him over and this should be a pretty easy win for Alita.

The terrain doesn't offer much yes, but Banner seems to have at least 2003 Hulk level strength at Base level, so we can start with that.

Also, depending on where the Temple is located and what is around it, I can see him absorbing some of the different elements such as the stone based materials, the water from its fountain and various other things, like the trees and plant life, in an effort to get an advantage.

I'll probably come back to this in a bit, but the terrain isn't terrible for him in that aspect, it just doesn't do him any real favors either.

On 4/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, Macklemore said:

What if he absorbs Alita's metal? 

2 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

What if he absorbs Alita's metal? 

I'm under the impression that he needs to focus for that, and considering how much faster she is than him, I just don't see it happening when he gets hit from every possible angle.

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I'm under the impression that he needs to focus for that, and considering how much faster she is than him, I just don't see it happening when he gets hit from every possible angle.

I dunno, he was absorbing Hulk’s powers while in the middle of fighting him. Don’t know that version of Hulk’s level of speed, but considering we saw him move from an army base in the desert all the way to San Francisco in a pretty short amount of time..?

31 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I dunno, he was absorbing Hulk’s powers while in the middle of fighting him. Don’t know that version of Hulk’s level of speed, but considering we saw him move from an army base in the desert all the way to San Francisco in a pretty short amount of time..?

There was never any doubt about Hulk being fast movement wise, but that's solely due to his jumping ability. When it comes to actually fighting someone though, the Hulk is for the most part pretty slow and it shows, EXCEPT for when he does thunderclaps for whatever reason.

This match is tricky to call for me, as Alita has greater striking strength here, as well as potentially greater attack potency here, but the Absorbing Man edges her in Lifting Strength, Regeneration and if possible, his ability to become intangible and thus negate much of the damage he could sustain.

The Absorbing Man and his abilities are admittedly quite a bit rushed, so its no surprise as to why those at Vs Battles have a difficult time trying to measure him and his basic statistics, in fact I personally find it hard to place him in any particular light, so there's that too.

From what I gather, after reviewing the dialogue in the movie at least, although it is somewhat confusing to piece together, Banner's abilities are relatively instantaneous as soon as his body makes contact with any type of element  such as metal, electricity, water, rocks, etc., and once he touches the element, whatever it be, he gains any "energy" or "power" said element has with it, increasing his base power and speed over time.

Naturally, he is regenerative as his cells are unstable, and when touched copy the properties of the thing that touches them, allowing him to edge out even the comics Absorbing Man in some ways, but that is another discussion.

Where he failed in the movie, was by trying to absorb the Hulk's power, as the Hulk was able to power up almost indefinitely if he was angry enough, while AM was unable to absorb and properly wield that much energy into himself, as too much Gamma radiation caused condition to worsen more and more unto the point where he was left vulnerable to attack by a missile  and destroyed.

Here, the environment could either help him or hurt him, so it depends on what you guys picture to be a Shaolin Temple per say, but as I said, there are some elemental things which he might be able to use to increase his strength, truthfully however, the best and most prominent thing that would give him a true chance here is if he could somehow absorb and or utilize the elements on which Alita was based.

If he were able to absorb and or utilize Alita's Imaginos cells, via touching her, I believe he would gain stats that would boost him a great deal and make him much more of a threat to her in combat, as his stats might begin to resemble her own.

Likewise, if he absorbed the energy generated from her attacks, I do believe he might grow stronger and stronger over time, until the point where he could match or edge her out here.

There are some what ifs here and theoreticals  as well, but I certainly don't think it would be a stomp in either direction, as beating the Absorbing Man, did seem to require certain elements to be present, even if the film sort of rushed his parts of the story and powers in some ways.

23 minutes ago, Z451 said:

If he were able to absorb and or utilize Alita's Imaginos cells, via touching her, I believe he would gain stats that would boost him a great deal and make him much more of a threat to her in combat, as his stats might begin to resemble her own.

While this is true, it doesn't take into account the fact that Alita would be still a lot more skilled than him in the fighting style that is wholly based on her Imaginos cells.