Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

8:5 - Po vs. Giorno Giovana

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 5

Po

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Po at this Wiki
Official Site: Dreamworks Animation

Giorno Giovana

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Giorno Giovana at this Wiki
Official Site: Jump

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Misty Mountains

Just now, Macklemore said:

Yeah, nothing Po does would ever stick. Golden Experience Requiem simply reverts it to zero.

I'm not entirely sure that Stands are immune to Chi damage, or whatever it's called in Kung Fu Panda 3. Would he be able to tank that big dragon attack he has? That's the only real way I can see Po winning

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

I'm not entirely sure that Stands are immune to Chi damage, or whatever it's called in Kung Fu Panda 3. Would he be able to tank that big dragon attack he has? That's the only real way I can see Po winning

He should be able to, yeah. He's commonly referred to as being the strongest stand in Canon and attacks of that caliber have been showcased before. Not to mention the fact that he kind of needs the chi from his panda brethren to tap into that specific Dragon I think you're talking about, which would count as outside forces wouldn't it?

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

He should be able to, yeah. He's commonly referred to as being the strongest stand in Canon and attacks of that caliber have been showcased before. Not to mention the fact that he kind of needs the chi from his panda brethren to tap into that specific Dragon I think you're talking about, which would count as outside forces wouldn't it?

I thought he needed the Chi to stop Kai from stealing his Chi, but the Dragon form manifested separately from that. It's been a long time since I watched that movie though so I don't remember

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

I thought he needed the Chi to stop Kai from stealing his Chi, but the Dragon form manifested separately from that. It's been a long time since I watched that movie though so I don't remember

His panda father pleads to the village to give him chi to defeat Kai.

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

His panda father pleads to the village to give him chi to defeat Kai.

That does sound right. However, Po still has attacks that seem pretty devastating and might be able to hurt Giorno. The Wiki lists his durability as Building+ tier, while Po's attack potency in Legends of Awesomeness is Multi-City Block Tier, and I don't know that Stands have any specific defense against Chi-enhanced attacks. Even if he can't use the dragon attack, he has used Chi before. Ke-Po (the Dragon) is listed as Multi-City Block tier, and Po 2-shot him, which puts Po solidly above Giorno's Stand with a type of damage we don't know the Stand is immune to

51 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That does sound right. However, Po still has attacks that seem pretty devastating and might be able to hurt Giorno. The Wiki lists his durability as Building+ tier, while Po's attack potency in Legends of Awesomeness is Multi-City Block Tier, and I don't know that Stands have any specific defense against Chi-enhanced attacks. Even if he can't use the dragon attack, he has used Chi before. Ke-Po (the Dragon) is listed as Multi-City Block tier, and Po 2-shot him, which puts Po solidly above Giorno's Stand with a type of damage we don't know the Stand is immune to

You're not wrong there, Chi should technically be able to hurt a stand. I mean, Stands (in the Jojo Universe) are seen as a manifestation of one's fighting spirit, which is what I would classify as chi, or ki, or any other name that comes with it. The problem comes in the fact that nothing Po could do to harm or affect Giorno/Golden Experience Requiem would stick. Even other stand users have to adjust themselves in battles to see stands, which means they're not something that one would think about at all times. Po would need to do some mental gymnastics to focus chi into his eyes to view the Stand first, and only then focus on fighting it as opposed to a dashing young gentleman. I don't see that happening, unless Po has already been hit by Golden Experience Requiem and noticed the fact that he was essentially hit by air. At that point, however, the Death Loop takes affect and Po is going to experience death forever and ever.

As much as I love Po, I don't think he has a chance here. Stands are already chi and Giorno has showcased the ability to negate it and he negated a stand that had a huge range (I don't want to say universal, but I can't really say deny what happened.) Essentially, the main villain of Jojo Part 5 has an ability which allows him to completely erase time for 10 seconds, and Giorno completely negated that. Time, as a concept, I feel is universal and if Giorno could technically return said action to zero, I think he's a bit too powerful for our favourite fat panda to handle.

11 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You're not wrong there, Chi should technically be able to hurt a stand. I mean, Stands (in the Jojo Universe) are seen as a manifestation of one's fighting spirit, which is what I would classify as chi, or ki, or any other name that comes with it. The problem comes in the fact that nothing Po could do to harm or affect Giorno/Golden Experience Requiem would stick. Even other stand users have to adjust themselves in battles to see stands, which means they're not something that one would think about at all times. Po would need to do some mental gymnastics to focus chi into his eyes to view the Stand first, and only then focus on fighting it as opposed to a dashing young gentleman. I don't see that happening, unless Po has already been hit by Golden Experience Requiem and noticed the fact that he was essentially hit by air. At that point, however, the Death Loop takes affect and Po is going to experience death forever and ever.

As much as I love Po, I don't think he has a chance here. Stands are already chi and Giorno has showcased the ability to negate it and he negated a stand that had a huge range (I don't want to say universal, but I can't really say deny what happened.) Essentially, the main villain of Jojo Part 5 has an ability which allows him to completely erase time for 10 seconds, and Giorno completely negated that. Time, as a concept, I feel is universal and if Giorno could technically return said action to zero, I think he's a bit too powerful for our favourite fat panda to handle.

I'll need to look into that more, but someone who can negate universal attacks seems like they wouldn't be in this tier to me. I know it's mostly by damage output, but that just seems silly. I'm gonna do some research on that.

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I'll need to look into that more, but someone who can negate universal attacks seems like they wouldn't be in this tier to me. I know it's mostly by damage output, but that just seems silly. I'm gonna do some research on that.

Cause it's not technically an universal attack. It's an attack with universal range. There's a difference.

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I must have misread what you typed then. Who is the bad guy you're referring to?

Diavolo, here's what I'm referring to as well.

Here's what happens after Diavolo gets hit.

I forgot to mention, but Giorno also managed to negate something that was fated to happen (as Diavolo can also see in the future and knew that he would a land a hit on him), but then Golden Experience Requiem pulled the "you'll never reach the truth" speech on him.