Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

8:4 - Static (DC) vs. Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 4

Static (DC)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Static (DC) at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) at this Wiki
Official Site: D.C Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Daytime

The jungle should help Cassandra Cain be stealthy and possibly allow her to get the drop on Static, but I'm not so sure she has great chances if she actually does engage in that fight. Static's got a lot of AoE powers that could force her on the defensive. I'm sure that as a member of the Batfamily, her suit is pretty well protected against electrical attacks, but the sheer amount and range of attacks means that Static will probably be controlling the flow of the fight. Not to mention the fact that he can fly and just stay above her and lob fast electrical attacks that can cover pretty large areas. I'll refrain from voting but I like Static in this one at the moment

Her best bet might be stealthing it for a good while and letting the natural wildlife of Pandora take Static’s attention and wear him down. No doubt Static could handle the creatures, but even he could tire if too many go for him. 

Or she doesn’t even have to give it that long. She could keep hidden as before and let some creatures take Static’s attention and then from her stealth position, throw some explosive batarangs or other projectiles to shatter or even destroy Static’s breather mask while he’s occupied with the wildlife. Normal humans fall unconscious within 20 seconds of contact with Pandora’s atmosphere and they’d die within about 4 minutes, according to a wikia. I don’t know if Static’s got greater resistance in that regard but that could be a way Cass wins here, staying out of a straight up duel and playing it smart.

2 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Her best bet might be stealthing it for a good while and letting the natural wildlife of Pandora take Static’s attention and wear him down. No doubt Static could handle the creatures, but even he could tire if too many go for him. 

Or she doesn’t even have to give it that long. She could keep hidden as before and let some creatures take Static’s attention and then from her stealth position, throw some explosive batarangs or other projectiles to shatter or even destroy Static’s breather mask while he’s occupied with the wildlife. Normal humans fall unconscious within 20 seconds of contact with Pandora’s atmosphere and they’d die within about 4 minutes, according to a wikia. I don’t know if Static’s got greater resistance in that regard but that could be a way Cass wins here, staying out of a straight up duel and playing it smart.

That second plan is a pretty smart play. I'm not 100% sure it would work though. Static can filter out toxic elements and create airtight bubbles. He seems to have really solid control of things on an elemental level and could possible survive by funneling his oxygen to himself or purifying the atmosphere around him somehow. I don't know a lot about Static though so I'll let the person who has him on their team tag in

6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That second plan is a pretty smart play. I'm not 100% sure it would work though. Static can filter out toxic elements and create airtight bubbles. He seems to have really solid control of things on an elemental level and could possible survive by funneling his oxygen to himself or purifying the atmosphere around him somehow. I don't know a lot about Static though so I'll let the person who has him on their team tag in

Ah. In that case some disorienting projectile would be warranted as well. Something like a flashbang or sonic device, to disrupt Static’s focus and concentration to allow the natural gases and/or wildlife to get to him. But yeah, think the stealth plays are the best approach for Cass here.

So stealth might work, but even that's a stretch. If Static see her once, he can tag her with an electric charge and track her through it.

So batgirl's only chance is to finish him off immediately, which is a tough thing to do against an opponent whose body can automatically rejoin lost parts, who can generate force fields, and who has incredible reaction time.

Add in the fact that, as Pey said, Static can keep himself safe from the environment without the suit, and Cassandra has few if any paths to victory. Static is massively more powerful and incredibly varied in his attacks, both with electricity and electromagnetism. He shows creative uses and can identify and counter powerful opponents on the fly. Thrown weaponry can be easily blocked and cast aside, and attempting to strike Static in melee is basically suicide. Without massive prep time that Static himself is not privy too, Batgirl is just outclassed here.

Don't know enough to have a convincing argument, but I think if this is in the jungle then the two will have to hunt for each other to some degree. That gives Batgirl the edge, even more so if she knows about Static's powers.

22 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Don't know enough to have a convincing argument, but I think if this is in the jungle then the two will have to hunt for each other to some degree. That gives Batgirl the edge, even more so if she knows about Static's powers.

I’d say that’s a pretty safe bet, with her access to Batfamily resources and knowing Bruce, who has databases on various metahumans.

Cassandra is definitely a lot more skilled than Static, but going physical with a guy who has so many AOE attacks is not really a good idea. Even if she did get the drop of him, how would that even help out at the end? I just don't see it, really.

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

It kinda doesn't though. Static can sense metal. Cassandra won't be able to hide unless she removes every piece of metal from herself. Otherwise known as removing all the dangerous gadgets she might carry.

So he only option, really, is trying to go hand to hand with Static. Which will end in her being zapped.

10 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

It kinda doesn't though. Static can sense metal. Cassandra won't be able to hide unless she removes every piece of metal from herself. Otherwise known as removing all the dangerous gadgets she might carry.

So he only option, really, is trying to go hand to hand with Static. Which will end in her being zapped.

Kinda does though, because I still don’t think that really is her only option. But even if we go with that being her only option, ending up getting zapped...when she wears an electrically insulated suit? That’s assuming she’s even found or gets hit. For one thing, Pandora is absolutely covered with plentiful abundant metals including ridiculous amounts of the element that brought all the humans to the planet in the first place, so trying to find her by sensing metals is a needle in a haystack. Two she has proven fast enough to dodge heat vision from Supergirl, physical lunges/punches/kicks from a Bizarro Supergirl, and lightning shooting out of an electrified weapon at point blank range so it isn’t a sure thing that those zaps would even land.

AOE attacks, yes probably those would land but again her suit is a great defense against that and again that’s assuming she goes straight for direct combat like that which I stress I don’t think is her only option at all.

But if we stick to that approach for whatever reason, if she does manage to get the drop on Static whether through stealth or him being occupied by the wildlife or some combination of the two, she could strike past any forcefields he has up, given we have seen her do it before: 

PBIeynr_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

All that said, I still don’t buy that it is her only or best option, and though Static is remarkably more powerful, it hardly seems cut and dry to me as her skills and the lucky draw of this being the environment they fight in gives her a lot more room in this battle.