Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

8:3 - Yang Xiao Long vs. Po

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 3

Yang Xiao Long

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Yang Xiao Long at this Wiki
Official Site: RoosterTeeth

Po

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Po at this Wiki
Official Site: Dreamworks Animation

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Bar Fight

I haven't seen past the first Kung Fu Panda, but I get how tough of a fight this is. Po is a real tank and will not be bothered by Yang, but I don't think Po can do much to her either. And she is faster so Po may not get a lot of hits in. I could see this coming to a draw.

15 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I haven't seen past the first Kung Fu Panda, but I get how tough of a fight this is. Po is a real tank and will not be bothered by Yang, but I don't think Po can do much to her either. And she is faster so Po may not get a lot of hits in. I could see this coming to a draw.

She has no defense against the Wuxi finger hold, and eventually he would wear down her Aura. With that gone he could just beat her down

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

She has no defense against the Wuxi finger hold, and eventually he would wear down her Aura. With that gone he could just beat her down

I'm not an expert on either character but is she does get worn down, then yeah I can see this happening.

The more Po hits her the more he'd feed her semblance and we've seen a powerful enough blow put him into a temporary comatose state, and I feel Yang qualifies. That and it would be hard for the Wuxi hold to be used, as I don't think it would work on a robotic limb(not sure though) and grabbing a hold of her other finger with how fast she moves and how Ember Celica cover her hands is not the easiest thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, C.T. said:

The more Po hits her the more he'd feed her semblance and we've seen a powerful enough blow put him into a temporary comatose state, and I feel Yang qualifies. That and it would be hard for the Wuxi hold to be used, as I don't think it would work on a robotic limb(not sure though) and grabbing a hold of her other finger with how fast she moves and how Ember Celica cover her hands is not the easiest thing to do. 

There's far too many attacks that he can use on Yang that will paralyze her long enough for Po to use the Wuxi Finger Hold. This one comes to mind. As well as this. I know Tai Lung is the one who showcased that he's capable of nerve paralysis, but Po has similar attacks and should be just as skilled with them as Tai was, what with being the Dragon Warrior and all that.

19 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Absolutely not. At her strongest, Yang is City Block class, but Po's durability is Multi-city block class+, which is far stronger. Po can take any amount of punishment she can give an keep going, while she really can't. He has many attacks that can take Yang out

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Absolutely not. At her strongest, Yang is City Block class, but Po's durability is Multi-city block class+, which is far stronger. Po can take any amount of punishment she can give an keep going, while she really can't. He has many attacks that can take Yang out

Gotta disagree. I know the site's using Vs Battles for a lot of the basis but gotta tell you personally, I found plenty wrong with the stats on that site for many characters and that's not going to fly with me. I'm going based off their showings more than what those stats say and I don't see it like that. His more specialized techniques like Macklemore mentioned are a problem though, and can tip it in his favor aye.

Just now, C.T. said:

Gotta disagree. I know the site's using Vs Battles for a lot of the basis but gotta tell you personally, I found plenty wrong with the stats on that site for many characters and that's not going to fly with me. I'm going based off their showings more than what those stats say and I don't see it like that. His more specialized techniques like Macklemore mentioned are a problem though, and can tip it in his favor aye.

But you haven't shown any showings. What specific showings for Yang do you think puts her above Po?

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

But you haven't shown any showings. What specific showings for Yang do you think puts her above Po?

Well, I have only seen the first movie and parts of the second, granted, so my knowledge isn't as full as some but with what I saw in those films I didn't really see him any attacks that would really cripple her aura. Yang's got launched up into the sky and came down a full minute later but her aura never broke and she was up and laughing about it in seconds. That and the fight with the giant mech didn't break her aura either and I just don't see Po hitting as hard as either of these examples, and she was fine both times after anyways. There is the belly attack he used on Tai that sent the snow leopard skyward as well, but it wasn't for nearly as long as Yang and it wouldn't be as effective with Yang as it was with Tai anyway, since she has her weapons and could just control her momentum and land on her own terms. 

Granted, Po is really tough based off the fight with Tai and all that he got thrown at him so he can definitely take a lot, but if he doesn't bust out any of his more esoteric and special moves like the Wuxi hold which I still think would be difficult to apply here, or the ones Macklemore brought up and just went with more standard moves, with Yang's own skills in combat and her speed, the protective aura she has and the semblance that means he'd just be making her stronger with any attacks, I just see it going more her way than not.

Also, I'm not sure if Kung Fu Panda's version of chi operates on any protective shielding level? Like does he have that? He's remarkably tough and he's taken a lot of blunt force trauma from what I have seen of him, but what's the deal with ranged weapons? Like if she fired off both her shotgun gauntlets and filled him full of shotgun rounds, or hit him with elemental dust rounds that strike with fire or hit him with bolts of lightning, or plant sticky explosives on him that explode with like grenade or C-4 force? Is his bulk just gonna protect him from those or does chi help there? 

26 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Also, I'm not sure if Kung Fu Panda's version of chi operates on any protective shielding level? Like does he have that? He's remarkably tough and he's taken a lot of blunt force trauma from what I have seen of him, but what's the deal with ranged weapons? Like if she fired off both her shotgun gauntlets and filled him full of shotgun rounds, or hit him with elemental dust rounds that strike with fire or hit him with bolts of lightning, or plant sticky explosives on him that explode with like grenade or C-4 force? Is his bulk just gonna protect him from those or does chi help there? 

The time period that Kung Fu Panda operates in kinda makes it impossible to gauge how he'd react to shotgun shells, but he has reacted to cannonballs before . And these cannonballs have caused huge explosions before. And if I'm reading this scene correctly, he kind of does extend his chi to the cannonballs. And here's the last fight in his (movie) series, just cause I've already reference all 3.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, patrickthekid said:

Shotguns work differently, displaying small bullet balls at their opponents. And they're still faster than cannonballs and a lot tougher to dodge in a small confinement. I'm still not sure that will be enough though.

Even so, Po has taken strikes from characters that hit harder than any shotgun shells I've come across.

On 3/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, C.T. said:

Well, I have only seen the first movie and parts of the second, granted, so my knowledge isn't as full as some but with what I saw in those films I didn't really see him any attacks that would really cripple her aura. Yang's got launched up into the sky and came down a full minute later but her aura never broke and she was up and laughing about it in seconds. That and the fight with the giant mech didn't break her aura either and I just don't see Po hitting as hard as either of these examples, and she was fine both times after anyways. There is the belly attack he used on Tai that sent the snow leopard skyward as well, but it wasn't for nearly as long as Yang and it wouldn't be as effective with Yang as it was with Tai anyway, since she has her weapons and could just control her momentum and land on her own terms. 

Granted, Po is really tough based off the fight with Tai and all that he got thrown at him so he can definitely take a lot, but if he doesn't bust out any of his more esoteric and special moves like the Wuxi hold which I still think would be difficult to apply here, or the ones Macklemore brought up and just went with more standard moves, with Yang's own skills in combat and her speed, the protective aura she has and the semblance that means he'd just be making her stronger with any attacks, I just see it going more her way than not.

I think Macklemore has addressed these points pretty well, but I will just add that I haven't seen any attack from her specifically that I think Po couldn't tank.  Specifically, Kai in the third movie was pretty strong and knocked him around a ton, through all kinds of environmental hazards, and he was completely fine. Also, Yang getting knocked into the sky is an incredibly dubious feat, because 1. It's a massive outlier, 2. It's clearly for comic relief, and 3. Neither Yang nor any of the other characters have really shown the level of power required to launch someone that high for that long, let alone enough power to tank such a blast with no damage. That is far more damage than the mech did, and that was a good match for the entirety of team RWBY, so I think that's solidly an unusable feat in my eyes