Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

8:1 - Master Chief vs. Giorno Giovana

UMPIRE

SEASON 8, ROUND 1

Master Chief

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Master Chief at this Wiki
Official Site: Bungie

Giorno Giovana

Slot: Vs. Battle Wiki Tier: Urban (Low Power)
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Giorno Giovana at this Wiki
Official Site: Jump

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Khazan Arena

Chief has no defense against a Stand user. I mean, his only chance is to shoot Giorno with a lucky shot or before Gold Experience can even be summoned. But even that won't work as Gold Experience Requiem can just undo Master Chief's actions. GioGio gets my vote.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Stands really low-range? MC has a massive range advantage and his armor is more than durable enough to survive multiple hits from Giorno, especially if he has shield-based loadouts with it. Just going by the Vs Battle Wiki, but "Any damage taken by Gold Experience will be reflected on Giorno. Gold Experience needs to hit an object to transform something. Its healing ability is not meant to heal and is rather painful when used that way. It requires a sufficient amount of heat to create the most life | Any damage taken by GER will reflect onto Giorno." Does that not mean that MC couldn't just open fire on Giorno immediately and probably score a win? I'm willing to accept that small arms fire wouldn't be able to kill a Stand user, but Chief doesn't use small arms, and if all damage is reflected to the user, and the user's durability is listed as being substantially weaker, does that not mean that Chief could get a pretty easy win just by throwing grenades and opening fire?

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Stands really low-range? MC has a massive range advantage and his armor is more than durable enough to survive multiple hits from Giorno, especially if he has shield-based loadouts with it. Just going by the Vs Battle Wiki, but "Any damage taken by Gold Experience will be reflected on Giorno. Gold Experience needs to hit an object to transform something. Its healing ability is not meant to heal and is rather painful when used that way. It requires a sufficient amount of heat to create the most life | Any damage taken by GER will reflect onto Giorno." Does that not mean that MC couldn't just open fire on Giorno immediately and probably score a win? I'm willing to accept that small arms fire wouldn't be able to kill a Stand user, but Chief doesn't use small arms, and if all damage is reflected to the user, and the user's durability is listed as being substantially weaker, does that not mean that Chief could get a pretty easy win just by throwing grenades and opening fire?

Stands can't be hurt by anything other than stands, on top of being invisible to non-stand users. There's no reason to believe that Master Chief would know he's fighting anything other than a normal high schooler, and all his artillery would be blocked by a seemingly non-existent barrier as Golden Experience is capable of reacting to bullets, and outspeed them to a massive extent. For reference, a stand that is lesser to Giorno Giovanna was constantly shown reaching the same speeds as bullets fired from a revolver. That's without even going into the all holy busted territory that is GER, where I'll need a day to explain it's ability.

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Stands can't be hurt by anything other than stands, on top of being invisible to non-stand users. There's no reason to believe that Master Chief would know he's fighting anything other than a normal high schooler, and all his artillery would be blocked by a seemingly non-existent barrier as Golden Experience is capable of reacting to bullets, and outspeed them to a massive extent. For reference, a stand that is lesser to Giorno Giovanna was constantly shown reaching the same speeds as bullets fired from a revolver. That's without even going into the all holy busted territory that is GER, where I'll need a day to explain it's ability.

How massive of an extent can they outspeed bullets, though? If MC realizes his opponent has a forward-facing shield, he can use grenades and spread out his fire as much as possible to hit every possible angle at once. His guns have a massively faster rate of fire than a revolver, so even if he can block individual bullets, Chief's spam would be pretty crazy. Not to mention shotguns. Shooting multiple projectiles all moving incredibly fast at the same time might let him bypass the Stand, no? I honestly don't know a ton about Stands, so I'm genuinely asking here

1 minute ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Someone tell US what a Stand is.

Due to this being Japanese, make sure you read right to left.

9 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

How massive of an extent can they outspeed bullets, though? If MC realizes his opponent has a forward-facing shield, he can use grenades and spread out his fire as much as possible to hit every possible angle at once. His guns have a massively faster rate of fire than a revolver, so even if he can block individual bullets, Chief's spam would be pretty crazy. Not to mention shotguns. Shooting multiple projectiles all moving incredibly fast at the same time might let him bypass the Stand, no? I honestly don't know a ton about Stands, so I'm genuinely asking here

One of the stands, which is explicitly slower than Giorno's Stand Gold Experience has the ability to change the route of a bullet after it has been fired.

And that's without going into his actual busted ability, which kinda nullifies this spam. For more info on how his ability works, please read this. It's something that I can't explain with my own words, and this guy puts it in a way that is absolutely to the best of anyone's ability.

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Due to this being Japanese, make sure you read right to left.

One of the stands, which is explicitly slower than Giorno's Stand Gold Experience has the ability to change the route of a bullet after it has been fired.

And that's without going into his actual busted ability, which kinda nullifies this spam. For more info on how his ability works, please read this. It's something that I can't explain with my own words, and this guy puts it in a way that is absolutely to the best of anyone's ability.

That... seems unbeatable?

6 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

That... seems unbeatable?

I haven't gotten to Jojo part 5 yet, but from what I know from my research, watching the anime and playing Eyes of Heaven... Yes. Yes it is basically unbeatable. And his stand works even without him knowing he's being attacked. So MC can't even surprise him with a grenade or gunfire because his actions get reversed back to zero.

If MC had any kind of magical or spiritual ability, maybe he could affect the Stand. But as it stands, MC is SOL.

3 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I haven't gotten to Jojo part 5 yet, but from what I know from my research, watching the anime and playing Eyes of Heaven... Yes. Yes it is basically unbeatable. And his stand works even without him knowing he's being attacked. So MC can't even surprise him with a grenade or gunfire because his actions get reversed back to zero.

If MC had any kind of magical or spiritual ability, maybe he could affect the Stand. But as it stands, MC is SOL.

How is this guy Tier 8? Lol. Good pick I suppose. Hope I never go against him, although my guy in this slot might fare a little better

2 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Yeah, I was about to mention. Being physical for the most part is not really an easy time when it comes to fighting stands, but I can potentially see people with esoteric abilities being able to beat Giorno.

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

How is this guy Tier 8? Lol. Good pick I suppose. Hope I never go against him, although my guy in this slot might fare a little better

Tiers are divided by destructive capacity, so why this guy can't really punch hard (he can't really destroy a city in a punch,) he has an ability that allows him to punch way above his technical physical capability.