Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 15974 Sophitia Alexandra vs. Charlotte

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CVII

751336273_sophandcass.jpg.935e5476b5737e69dfc87f200fb2b69a.jpg

Alex drove with Bass Armstrong in his truck to a large field on the outskirts of New York City.

“Is this really the place?” asked Bass.

“This is where the directions that Cassandra gave us lead to,” replied Alex.  (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD)

“You were a fool for listening to that hussie,” Vice snarked from the back seat.

“Hey keep quiet back there,” snapped Bass.

“How about you try and make me,” Vice said slyly.

Alex looked at Vice through his rear view mirror. “You really think you can take on the two of us by yourself.. with your hands bound?”

Vice glanced at the shackles binding her hands together behind her back.  (REF: iORI YAGAMI VS. CHARLIE NASH)  “You would double team a disadvantaged woman? What gentlemen you are. Are you afraid to release me and give me a fair one on one fight?”

“We ain’t got nothing to prove to you, lady,” Bass retorted.

Alex sighed. “Let’s just walk around and see if we can locate Cassandra’s sister.”

Alex and Bass stepped out of the truck. Alex opened the door opposite of Vice and grabbed the unconscious body of Vanessa Lewis (REF: BASS ARMSTRONG VS. ALEX)  and carried her in his arms. Bass let Vice step out of the truck, 

He put his hand on her shoulder. “You better not try anything funny.”

“Right back at you, buddy,” she sneered.

The three walked for a short distance, when suddenly a blonde woman with large silver pauldrons jumped out from behind a tree and aimed her sword at Alex’s neck.

“The girl you carry in your arms is one of the malfested. (REF: MILA VS. VANESSA LEWIS)  State your purpose for bringing her here?” the woman demanded.

“We have brought her here because we were told she could be cured here,” Alex answered.

“Are you Sophitia?” Bass blurted out.

The blonde woman glanced over at Bass without taking her sword away from Alex’s throat. “I am not Sophitia. But, who are you to utter her name?”

Bass stammered. “I am Bass. We were told to come here by Cassandra, We just want to help.” Bass pulled out a blue ribbon. “Here. She told us to show you this to prove our story.”

Vice groaned. The sight of the ribbon of the woman who had defeated her in battle stirred up animosity within her.

A second blonde woman approached the group. She had a long braid and was dressed like a greek goddess.  “Cassandra gave you that? Surely you must be friends. What news do you bring?”

The first blonde woman, Charlotte, finally lowered her sword.

“Who are you?” asked Bass.

“I am Sophitia Alexandra, Cassandra is my sister. Is she in trouble? Is that why she has not returned with you?” Sophitia wondered.

Bass shook his head no. “She is fine. She is one tough lady. She went with a buddy of mine to gather more of your allies.  (REF: BLUE MARY VS. MILA)  She is concerned about all of the malfeas.. Er I mean the malfes..”

“All of The Malfested,” input Alex. “Like my friend here.”

Sophitia slowly walked toward Alex with Vanessa in his arms. “Cassandra was right. The malfested have reemerged. That always signals the return of Nightmare and Soul Edge.” Sophitia slowly ran her hand across Vanessa’s forehead.

“Do you know who infected her?” asked Charlotte. “Was it Nightmare himself?”

“I don’t know who Nightmare is. But, the culprit is this little troublemaker right here.” Bass lightly pushed Vice in the back.

“Hey watch it,” snapped Vice.

Sophitia turned her attention to the red haired woman in the form fitting suit. “Are you a servant of the Azure Knight?”

Before Vice could answer, Bass interrupted, “She hasn’t told us anything about who she is working for or why.”

“Disappointing.” Sophitia looked back at Vanessa. “But first thing’s first we need to get help for your friend. Removing the infection won’t be painless but she should make a full recovery and we can return her to normal.”

“Whatever you need to do,” stated Alex.

“Follow me,” said Sophitia.

Alex, Bass, and Vice followed behind Sophitia and Charlotte to their camp. Alex stayed by Vanessa’s side as some women in white robes began the procedure to remove the shards of Soul Edge from her body. Bass told Sophitia about his recruitment along with other fighters around the world by Helena Douglas (REF: SERGEI DRAGUNOV VS. GUILE) to stop some of the most evil men in the world from getting their hands on Soul Edge. Sophitia listened intently. Vice, with her hands still bound behind her back, feigned disinterest but was actually very intrigued to hear about  the full scope of Urien’s goal. When Bass was finished with his story, Sophitia left momentarily and returned with two men by her side.

1807885434_sogetsuandkazuki.jpg.ba6914cf00c7d9ba747d8b2dbfa5956c.jpg

“Bass. These are two friends of mine, Sogetsu and Kazuki Kazama.” Sophitia announced.

The last name took Bass off guard. “Kazama? As in Jin Kazama?”

The larger of the two men, the blue haired Sogetsu, chuckled. “Not all Kazamas are related. But yes, Jin is in fact one of our distant relatives.”

“On his mother’s side. Jun Kazama was a descendant of Sogetsu. However, the Jin you hear about now is much more a product of his father’s Mishima bloodline,” the younger Kazuki clarified.

“A descendant? So you both are from Sophitia’s time too?” asked Bass.

Sogetsu smiled. “We met Sophitia some time after she helped defeat Nightmare and Soul Edge for the final time. We were dealing with demons of our own, and Sophitia and her sister agreed to help us if we agreed to share their burden by ingesting some fragments of Soul Edge into ourselves.”

Kazuki presented his demon possessed sword. “We were no strangers to having controlled evil close to us at all times so it was an easy decision,”

“None of us had any idea at the time that being infused with fragments of Soul Edge would grant us such a long existence, but here we are,” Sogetsu stated.

“It must have been fate,” Kazuki theorized. “So that we could be here to stop Jin from resurrecting Soul Edge and further tarnishing the Kazama name.”

“I don’t know if it’s that simple…”

Sogetsu was interrupted by a suddenly verbal Vice.

“So you like making deals, blondie?” she blurted out. “I will make you a deal. I will tell you everything I know about the man who gave me the Soul Edge shards. He isn’t any of the men that large oaf told you about, In fact, I am sure he is using them as pawns just as I now think he tried to use me as a pawn.”  (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)

“What do you want in return?” Sophitia inquired.

“For you to rescue an associate of mine off the ship belonging to the oaf’s boss. (REF: BONNE JENET VS. LILI ROCHEFORT)  Once freed, we will leave the battle over that silly sword to you and yours. We have ambitions of our own,” Vice explained.

“I don’t think Helena will go for that,” sated Bass.

“Very well, I accept your offer,” Sophitia said suddenly.

Bass began to protest, but was stopped as Sophitia put her hand on his chest in a reassuring manner. “Everything will be okay. We will find a way to work it out I promise you. For now, it’s late, everyone should get some rest. We make our move in the morning.”

As everyone else slept, Charlotte found Sophitia standing by a group of trees staring out into the distance.

“I knew you would find me out here,” stated Sophitia..

“That’s the nature of knowing someone as long as I have known you,” Charlotte remarked.”The moment you have worried about for centuries is nearly upon us, not exactly an easy time to get some sleep..”

“Yes.I don’t want to make any missteps,” replied Sophitia. “Part of me wants to go in pursuit of Cassandra. Who knows what danger she may be encountering. Yet, a bigger part of me knows that this Vice woman’s knowledge may be the key to stopping Nightmare’s resurrection. If that means we may have to protect her and her friend from potential allies with good intentions, then so be it.”

“Life is always full of hard challenges,” Charlotte lamented.

“Yes it is.” Sophitia looked down before looking Charlotte directly in the eye. “Charlotte, I have a huge favor that I need from you. But, before you can do it there is something you need to know.”

Confusion spread across Charlotte’s face.

“When you first agreed to take some of Soul Edge into your body, into your soul, you knew what some of the side effects would be, but not all of them. However, I did and I purposely did not tell you about them because I wanted you to agree to do it.”

“Huh? Wait, did you know that we would live for this long?” asked Charlotte.

Sophitia nodded. “When we found you, Sogetsu, Kazuki, and the others it had been two hundred years since we defeated Nightmare.”

Charlotte gasped. “Why? Why wouldn’t you tell us that? Sophitia, you are one of the most pure people that I have ever met, such cruelty does not make sense.”

“It was never meant to be cruel,” Sophitia corrected. “Every decision I made was made from a point of love, Love for my children. When we defeated Nightmare and broke pieces off of Soul Edge to hide within ourselves, my daughter, Pyrrha, and son, Patroklos, were with us. Against my wishes, they volunteered themselves to help with Siegfried’s plan.”

Charlotte remained quiet.

Pyrrha.jpg.32b94413e1baa3e92a974b0e52671703.jpg

“I had lost both of them to the darkness of Soul Edge before, and I did not want to risk doing so again. At first, it seemed like it might be fine. But, as the years rolled on I could tell it was taking a bigger toll on the two of them then it was on any of the rest of us. Then the night terrors started and would not cease. I was terrified they would succumb to the darkness again, so I felt I had to act quickly.”

“You couldn’t just pull the shards out of your children?” Charlotte inquired.

“I did pull some of them out. A few of the shards I originally pulled out of my children are no doubt the same shards we extracted from the girl earlier. It quickly became clear to me even then that I could not just leave shards of Soul Edge unattended. They may infect someone else and also they acted like a beacon to the others. I did not want Siegfried thinking that Pyrhha and Patroklos had betrayed their oaths so I needed to find a new host for the shards to truly set my children free.”

“And you found us,” stated Charlotte.

“Not at first, there were other warrior heroes that I had come across in my travels that were initially receptive to the idea, but then balked when they discovered the true price. Pyrrha’s mental state was worsening, I became desperate,” Sophitia explained. “I had to get all of the remnants of Soul Edge out of my children, even if it meant that I would outlive them. At least they would know peace.”

“You should have told us everything up front. We may have made the same decision to help you anyway,  but you didn’t give us the chance. It was wrong,” Charlotte scolded.

“I know,” replied Sophitia.  “All I can say is I am sorry.”

“Why are you telling me the truth now?” Charlotte inquired.

“I fear that no matter what I do, a face off against Nightmare is inevitable. I feel it is my destiny to battle him once more. I need to know that I am ready for such a challenge. It has been too long since I have fought that intensely and I need to know that my skills have not eroded,” confessed Sophitia. “Which is why I want you to.. No I need you to fight me here. Test my skills.”

Charlotte was taken aback by this request.

Sophitia continued. “You are  a noble, proud warrior so I would not expect you to take it easy on this fight. But, I need to be sure. I figure the anger and resentment that is washing over you right now will help motivate you to give me everything you got. Hold nothing back, I deserve it. And you deserve to know the truth.”

“This is not the way to go about things, Sophitia.” Charlotte picked up her sword. “But, I will honor your wish.”

Sophitia picked up her sword as well. “Thank you my friend.”

Charlotte held her blade close to her face “Before we start, tell me something, when I beat you will that  mean that I inherit your destiny to defeat Nightmare. Will it be another cross of yours for me to bear?”

On 3/11/2021 at 11:28 PM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Keep it up JohnnyChany! Never played Samurai Shodown before, will need to look it up before I vote.

I am new to the Samurai Shodown franchise myself. There are some interesting and fun characters. I figured Soul Calibur was kind of under represented in this story that revolves around them so I wanted to add some more weapon wielding warriors from the past.

Here is a story mode playthrough for anyone who is interested in to skim and see the moves and motivations: Charlotte

As well as one for Sophitia

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - SSJRuss
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Sophitia Alexandra: 2
Charlotte (Samurai Shodown): 1