Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 15877 Hugo Andore vs. Gigas

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART C

150501-bigthumbnail.jpg.019e241d38cdf79404b6bef77b1b3994.jpg

“Shoryuken!”

In a small coastal town bar close to the Atlantic Ocean, flames engulfed the fist of Ken Masters.  (REF: K' VS. KEN MASTERS) He rose from the ground and delivered the final blow to his attacker, K’, in the form of his trademark uppercut. The move lifted K’ off the ground and sent the Kyo Kusanagi clone crashing into a nearby jukebox.

Ken waited to see if K’ would try to muster the strength to continue,the fight. He let out a sigh of relief when K’ did not return to his feet and then Ken let down his guard.

He looked over at the frightened bartender. “I will pay for that, I promise you. I’m sorry about the mess. It wasn’t my intention to get into a fight here.”

The bartender nodded nervously.

“Hey Kenny, I am sure it will actually be a great way to drum up business if you tell everyone that your bar was trashed by the US Martial Arts champion,” said one excited patron.

“Maybe. If they are all karate kid fans,” said another.

“I don’t have time for this,” Ken declared. “Here you go, man.” Ken handed a large wad of cash to the bartender. Ken pulled out his phone and sighed at the sight of the cracked screen. “Ahh, man.”

Ken turned to leave the bar.

“Hey, what about the other guy?” asked the bartender.

:”He was pretty tough so I am sure he is fine. But, he may need some medical attention,” answered Ken. “I’m not paying for that.”

Several hours later, Ken got his phone replaced and went through the missed messages and calls. There were a couple from Guile and a couple from Sean Matsuda, but most of them were from his wife, Eliza. A small amount of panic set in for his wife and son as he called her back.

“Ken?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“Where have you been I have been trying to get a hold of you,” Eliza stated.

“I know. I’m sorry. My phone got damaged in a fight. Are you okay? Did something happen to Mel?”

“We are fine,” replied Eliza, “Wait a minute, what fight?”

“It was just a misunderstanding I think. The man seemed very troubled,” Ken surmised.

“You didn’t hurt him did you?” Eliza inquired.

“No, nothing like that. He was definitely a trained fighter,” Ken assured.

“Ok good.”

“If you and Mel are okay, what is the emergency?” wondered Ken. “I have the most missed calls from you.”

“Guile has been trying to get a hold of you.  (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE) When he couldn’t, he called Julia. My sister then called me, and here we are,” Eliza explained.

“I’m supposed to meet up with him on the boat of some rich woman named Helena Douglas. I would have already been on my way if I hadn’t run into some trouble. I am good to go now,” stated Ken.

“What other missed calls do you have?” asked Eliza.

“It looks like there are a couple from Sean Matsuda. I’m guessing he is still just bummed about his loss,” said Ken. (REF: SEAN MATSUDA VS. EDDY GORDO)

“That’s a shame. Let me know when you are close to linking up with Guile so I can put my sister’s mind at ease,”  Eliza requested.

“Will do.”

Ken hung up with his wife and considered calling his pupil to make sure there wasn’t something more serious going on.  (REF: LAURA MATSUDA VS. KATARINA ALVES) But, the sight of a familiar number that was almost never on his missed call list stopped him in his tracks. It was Ryu’s. His friend and rival had finally called him back. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hugo_and_poison_by_shayeragal_d7b73re-fullview.jpg.57ade522baa4b163a0e0305afa28d4de.jpg

Ryu left the mountains of rural Japan where he had been training for several weeks. He traveled back to his dojo and prepared himself some food. While waiting for his rice to cook, he came across his cell phone on the counter. Ryu had let himself be convinced by his friends Ken and Chun Li to get one last year in case of emergencies, be it from Bison, Seth, or some other threat. Yet, he never took it with him when he trained in isolation.

As he gazed upon it now, Ryu took note of several attempts both Ken and Chun Li had recently made to contact him. He scrolled through text messages that weren’t explicitly clear except to state that a grave threat was imminent. Ryu hurriedly called Chun Li whose text was more alarming. No answer. (REF: GEN VS. GEN FU)  Ryu then tried Ken. Also no answer. Worry crept in that his friends were in trouble. Ryu just hoped it wasn’t too late to help them.

Ryu headed over to the bath house of Edmund Honda to see if the veteran sumo had any information on what Ken and Chun-Li were doing. When he arrived, the bath house was emptier than Ryu had ever seen it before. He looked around in confusion, until he was approached by one of Honda’s students.

“Do you require assistance?” the student inquired.

“I am looking for Edmund. Where is he?” asked Ryu.

“Participating in the great Sumo/Judo challenge, of course,” the student responded.  (REF: E. HONDA VS. GORO DAIMON) “I would be there myself, but someone has to tend to the bath house.”

A look of recognition spread across Ryu’s face. “You are right, that is today. Thank you.”

On the way to Meji Jingu Stadium, Ryu again tried to contact both of his friends to no avail.

Ryu walked into the stadium just as the contest between the two massive fighters was coming to an end. Suddenly, his phone lit up. It was Ken.

Inside the ring, E. Honda put down his Judo master opponent with his patented 100 hand slap.

“What a technique,” marveled Honoka from her seat in the crowd. “I need to master it.”

Honoka’s new friend, Hinako, was skeptical. “I get it that you’re a quick learner, but there is no way you can make your strikes that fast just by watching it.”

Honoka beamed with pride. “There is only one way to find out.”

“Not here,” Hinako insisted. Hinako’s eyes then wandered over to Goro Daimon’s corner where Kyo Kusanagi and Athena Asamiya were chatting with Kyo’s defeated and demoralized teammate. “If you really want to meet Athena, now is your chance.”

Honoka gasped. “Oh my gosh. If you can arrange a meet, you would be my most favorite person in the world.”

Hinako laughed. “Ok. Give me a few minutes. I don’t think it will be a problem. Athena loves her fans, and I am sure she will love one that is as strong as you are.”

Honoka fangirled as Hinako walked toward the ring.

Several rows behind the girls, sat a towering professional wrestler and his pink haired manager.

“It was a good match,” noted Hugo.

His manager, Poison, looked around in bewilderment at the packed stadium as she had done several times throughout the fight. “I just don’t get it, Hugo, honey. They put on a dull show with no pizzazz, but look at the turnout. What are we missing with our presentation to get crowds.like this? Huh?”

Poison glanced over at Hugo’s chair, but the big man was no longer there.

“Hugo! Hugo!” she called. “How did you slip away, ya big ox?”

Near the ground floor of the stadium, Honoka was bursting with excitement about potentially meeting her favorite pop star, Athena Asamiya. 

Honoka was so giddy that she failed to notice the massive bio-enhanced human that was quickly approaching her from behind. She did not register the frightened shrieks as the big red monster got closer to her. By the time that Honoka felt the looming presence it was too late, Gigas struck down Honoka with a quick blow to the back of the head. Gigas grabbed the unconscious college student and slumped her over his shoulder. Kazuya’s handpicked man to capture Honoka (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU) did not get far with his target before he was stopped by a loud bellow.

“That is not how you treat pretty girls. Put the pretty girl down!” Hugo admonished.

Gigas attempted to ignore the wrestler, but Hugo made a point to stand in his way. Furious, Gigas flung away Honoka momentarily and immediately attacked Hugo.

A classic battle of giants these’ll be. Both guys are the stereotypical giant fighters who while slow and rigid, are also insanely powerful and can decimate opponents healthbars if they can keep the fight close or trap them in the corner. Because of their nearly identical gameplay style I’ll have to make my choice based on experience and canon feats; sadly for Gigas he’s still too new to his series to have any real feats to back up his character, so it looks like I’ll give this fight to Hugo. In Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact Hugo fought Ryu during a tournament and Ryu was so impressed by Hugo’s strength (particularly how Hugo tanked through his Shin  Shoryukin) that he asked Hugo to be his tag team partner for a latter tournament.

Good set-up. Nice to finally see Ryu and Ken again, hopefully they will connect and figure out what the bad guys are up too.

Gigas is going to be my choice here. Gigas is much stronger than we really see and hasn't had a lot of time to shine, but can be very dangerous. Gigas may also be a bit sharper than Hugo, but not for sure.

Fight Videos for:

Hugo Andore

and

Gigas

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Good set-up. Nice to finally see Ryu and Ken again, hopefully they will connect and figure out what the bad guys are up too.

Yeah I figured part 100 would be a great time to finally bring in Mr. Fighting Game himself, Ryu. Coming in late to the party in a vey Goku like fashion. 

21 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Bout time! Been waiting to see the big man in your crossover since forever!!!

Heh. I had used 35 Street Fighter characters up to this point, good to know there are still ones out there that people were looking forward to.

9 hours ago, Callisto said:

MATCH SCORE
Hugo Andore: 2
Gigas: 2

Part 100 also marks the first tie, Interesting.