Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

7:7 - Imhotep vs. Gooey Gus

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 7

Imhotep

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Imhotep at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Studios

Gooey Gus

Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Gooey Gus at Wikipedia
Official Site: PBS

Battle Terrain
Target: The Mummy Team

Imhotep has already been beaten by this team, but I struggle to think of ways Gooey Gus might get better of them. Even though we know for a FACT Imhotep can't perform against this team, I still feel like he would definitely perform better than Gooey Gus. Imhotep's sheer power is just much harder to handle than anything that Goosebumps monsters have to offer, and well, if the Mummy team could deal with him (and with the Dragon Emperor), I struggle to think of horror icons they can't deal with.

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Imhotep has already been beaten by this team, but I struggle to think of ways Gooey Gus might get better of them. Even though we know for a FACT Imhotep can't perform against this team, I still feel like he would definitely perform better than Gooey Gus. Imhotep's sheer power is just much harder to handle than anything that Goosebumps monsters have to offer, and well, if the Mummy team could deal with him (and with the Dragon Emperor), I struggle to think of horror icons they can't deal with.

I also feel like we really didn't see him truly target the team in the movies. It wasn't till the end that he tried killing Rick and co, then that was barely even a thought. His main objective was Evie and resurrecting his one true love. Even in Returns, he didn't give much thought to them until he was mortal and fought against Rick. 

Imhotep is a truly powerful opponent to face off against, but as it has been said, the Mummy Team has done so and while they certainly did not do so easily, it stands to reason that the Team is quite capable of finding ways to both curve and potentially defeat him most of the time, because they specialize in Fantasy elements and both Imhotep and his powers are fantastical in nature.

Gooey Gus on the other hand, may not look like much, and the media he is from may not seem as intimidating on its outset appearance, but that is where the adage of judging a book by its cover comes into play.

To start, Gus lacks an organic body, unlike Imhotep, he isn't really made of flesh and bone, he is made of gum, essentially, so guns, knives and the like will do very little to damage him, as his body is pretty durable to start with.

Gus also strengthens and grows from heat, and bullets, as well as the overall temperature of places like Egypt, assuming the location on that, are a true goldmine for that resource, so him being anywhere around the team in any place with heat, especially a lot of heat will only serve to make him grow rapidly at very quick rate.

Gus' primary skill, the one that makes up for his more lumbering gait, is his bubble gum spit, a technique that involves him spitting liquid bubble gum onto people, which upon covers the target upon contact in a nearly inescapable cocoon very rapidly as soon as it begins to touch them, something not to be underestimated as an attack.

Gus also has an evasive skill, as he is capable of shifting form from his more developed, solid body into a liquid form, which he uses to escape, sneak up on people, and act stealthy whenever as he needs to, which can help him in most cases perhaps here.

Now, Gus' weaknesses are ice and really cold elements and things like gum de-solvent, which causes him to lose form and slowly dissolve when exposed to in great amounts.

The problem here is, if the group is in Egypt for example, finding cold things and keeping them cold enough to defeat Gus here will be a serious problem, as the outside temperature will melt anything  they can find before it can be of any use to the group.

Even outside of the Egypt example, without proper knowledge of Gus, and the right items at their disposal, the Mummy Team will find it truly hard to fight against him, for all of the reasons stated above, and quite simply because he is not like Imhotep by nature, but rather he is more Science based, something that they may have knowledge of, but have not truly disclosed as much in there adventures.

Now, if they are facing both opponents at the same time, I think that Gus might get the drop on the Team more so than I believe Imhotep would, as the Team at least has experience  with Imhotep to some degree and knows what to expect from him, but they lack experience with Gus, and that will hurt them more than help in this case.

Aside of that, the final thing to note, is that Imhotep as was said previously, may not even truly be interested in killing the Team as much as Gus would, because he has always had another agenda in mind, not that this is a major factor here, whereas Gus seems to be into doing so because of his lack of a self image and respect from other people.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:20 PM, Z451 said:

Imhotep is a truly powerful opponent to face off against, but as it has been said, the Mummy Team has done so and while they certainly did not do so easily, it stands to reason that the Team is quite capable of finding ways to both curve and potentially defeat him most of the time, because they specialize in Fantasy elements and both Imhotep and his powers are fantastical in nature.

Gooey Gus on the other hand, may not look like much, and the media he is from may not seem as intimidating on its outset appearance, but that is where the adage of judging a book by its cover comes into play.

To start, Gus lacks an organic body, unlike Imhotep, he isn't really made of flesh and bone, he is made of gum, essentially, so guns, knives and the like will do very little to damage him, as his body is pretty durable to start with.

Gus also strengthens and grows from heat, and bullets, as well as the overall temperature of places like Egypt, assuming the location on that, are a true goldmine for that resource, so him being anywhere around the team in any place with heat, especially a lot of heat will only serve to make him grow rapidly at very quick rate.

Gus' primary skill, the one that makes up for his more lumbering gait, is his bubble gum spit, a technique that involves him spitting liquid bubble gum onto people, which upon covers the target upon contact in a nearly inescapable cocoon very rapidly as soon as it begins to touch them, something not to be underestimated as an attack.

Gus also has an evasive skill, as he is capable of shifting form from his more developed, solid body into a liquid form, which he uses to escape, sneak up on people, and act stealthy whenever as he needs to, which can help him in most cases perhaps here.

Now, Gus' weaknesses are ice and really cold elements and things like gum de-solvent, which causes him to lose form and slowly dissolve when exposed to in great amounts.

The problem here is, if the group is in Egypt for example, finding cold things and keeping them cold enough to defeat Gus here will be a serious problem, as the outside temperature will melt anything  they can find before it can be of any use to the group.

Even outside of the Egypt example, without proper knowledge of Gus, and the right items at their disposal, the Mummy Team will find it truly hard to fight against him, for all of the reasons stated above, and quite simply because he is not like Imhotep by nature, but rather he is more Science based, something that they may have knowledge of, but have not truly disclosed as much in there adventures.

Now, if they are facing both opponents at the same time, I think that Gus might get the drop on the Team more so than I believe Imhotep would, as the Team at least has experience  with Imhotep to some degree and knows what to expect from him, but they lack experience with Gus, and that will hurt them more than help in this case.

Aside of that, the final thing to note, is that Imhotep as was said previously, may not even truly be interested in killing the Team as much as Gus would, because he has always had another agenda in mind, not that this is a major factor here, whereas Gus seems to be into doing so because of his lack of a self image and respect from other people.

So point of order: I don't think it's accurate to say that Imhotep has an organic body, he really has a magic sand body unless some very specific incantations are used in some very specific locations. The Mummy team might have more experience with Imhotep, but he wasn't even remotely targeting them in the first or second movies. Here, his only motivation and goal is to take them out, so he's probably just going to go full boar with his powers in ways he didn't try to previously. 

I don't think it's just cold that defeats Gus right? Isn't it kids using vegetable oil that eventually wins the day? He's technically just bubblegum, so unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't get shot or anything in the show. I don't know why bullets wouldn't just simply tear him apart. The team could also use anything that simply removes gum to destroy him. Gus was outdone by kids the first time, it's not like they are any smarter than Eevee

Gus is also painfully slow and lumbering, I don't think he poses nearly as much of a threat as someone with as diverse and mobile set of powers as Imhotep. Imhotep also knows the team well enough that he could simply target and remove Eevee first and then they basically weakened to no advantages against him, as she has most of the knowledge on Eygptian and how to remove his immortal powers and soul. 

If the fight is in Egypt for whatever reason, that also gives Imhotep a lot of advantages for manipulating the environment: something that has been proven to be able to do with sand and water.  I'm assuming that Egypt would actually hurt Gooey too because he wouldn't be able to get any kind of water. Gum still needs water to conduct heat and keep from completely drying out. I'm assuming with sand and nonstop heat, he would eventually dry out entirely. Given that he seems to play with the conventional rules of gum mostly.

3 hours ago, Magnamax said:

So point of order: I don't think it's accurate to say that Imhotep has an organic body, he really has a magic sand body unless some very specific incantations are used in some very specific locations. The Mummy team might have more experience with Imhotep, but he wasn't even remotely targeting them in the first or second movies. Here, his only motivation and goal is to take them out, so he's probably just going to go full boar with his powers in ways he didn't try to previously. 

I don't think it's just cold that defeats Gus right? Isn't it kids using vegetable oil that eventually wins the day? He's technically just bubblegum, so unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't get shot or anything in the show. I don't know why bullets wouldn't just simply tear him apart. The team could also use anything that simply removes gum to destroy him. Gus was outdone by kids the first time, it's not like they are any smarter than Eevee

Gus is also painfully slow and lumbering, I don't think he poses nearly as much of a threat as someone with as diverse and mobile set of powers as Imhotep. Imhotep also knows the team well enough that he could simply target and remove Eevee first and then they basically weakened to no advantages against him, as she has most of the knowledge on Egyptian and how to remove his immortal powers and soul. 

If the fight is in Egypt for whatever reason, that also gives Imhotep a lot of advantages for manipulating the environment: something that has been proven to be able to do with sand and water.  I'm assuming that Egypt would actually hurt Gooey too because he wouldn't be able to get any kind of water. Gum still needs water to conduct heat and keep from completely drying out. I'm assuming with sand and nonstop heat, he would eventually dry out entirely. Given that he seems to play with the conventional rules of gum mostly.

• You're right on that, and perhaps I wrote that wrong here, as what I meant to say originally was that Gus' body is more durable for the most part, and seems to be composed in a more inorganic form in terms of body speculation, or that Gus looks far less humanoid, and it is suspect if he has organs, skin, blood, etc., at all compared to Imhotep who has all of those things much of the time towards the end, or midpoint of his respective movies.
    • Imhotep unrestricted would present much more of a problem for the Team, but could one argue that he may also have an ego in going after the Team as well?
    • Bear in mind here, Imhotep is powerful, but he is also a bit of a narcissist, one in such a way, that he may and arguably often does make the mistake of not finishing the Team members even when he has the opportunity to before they are able to defeat him, plot contrivances aside. Not that Gus doesn't have the same problem, but Imhotep's vanity and perhaps his usage of others help effects his ability to win against this Team more than it would Gus here, as Gus prefers to finish his opponents himself and usually doesn't toy with them as much, although that is arguable as well.
  • Gus was done in by vegetable oil yes, but the problem here is that the Team would have to kind of know that, or at least what Gus is and is composed of before they could really use that against him.  On first glance, I'm not sure anyone could identify him as being composed of gum at all, unless they knew about it beforehand or were told about it by someone else, but that is speculative.
    • Gum, especially bubble gum, is certainly not a frequent target of either bullets or bladed weapons mind you, but it does present some resistance to it, and I do believe in some ways that it is durable enough to withstand at least a few shots from mid range WWI era guns, even in spite of the power they may have. So in that, I do believe that shooting Gus wouldn't be all that effective, as the damage would mostly be superficial at best, and it is possible that Gus could also absorb the heat surrounding the bullets to grow even bigger as a result. Not a good tactic in my opinion.
    • In regards to that point, I did find two videos on Youtube of people shooting gum, one, in which the gum managed to stop small armed weapons, i.e. a pistol, with minimal damage, and another in which a .22 Long Rifle did manage to produce some damage on a gumball mass, but not enough to be as noticeable as it could have been, the .50 caliber rifle did break it apart more, but that type of gun is certainly not one that the team would usually have or leave lying around all that often, hence that part is moot. The point on both videos here, is that gum does seem to resist bullets to a pretty impressive amount, albeit with some damage, due to  the impact of the bullet into the gum itself.
    • Intelligence isn't really at question here, as much as knowledge of the opponent and perhaps knowledge of science and or chemistry to some degree. Now, while Evelyn is highly intelligent in certain areas, including Egyptology, she has never really shown much knowledge of science or Chemistry in the series, though I could always be wrong on that point. The reason why that is relevant here, is because lack of knowledge of her opponent, would hurt their chances of defeating Gus and defeating him easily. Not to say that they couldn't take out Gus, or that the kids were smarter, but rather that if Gus were serious perhaps in going in for the kill, that he could certainly do so against the Team pretty easily here, before they knew who he was and how to combat him.
  • Gus is slow, but his slowness can be somewhat countered in the sense that, in spite of his movement speed, he is pretty crafty, or rather pretty stealthy in how he attacks and or comes after his various opponents kids or otherwise, and in how his gum spit acts and how quickly it does act.
    • Assuming again on this part, that they face both opponents at the same time, I can see Gus attempting to take on the Team one by one by sneaking up on them and using his spit while they are distracted by Imhotep, to possibly win this fight for himself. Not the most honorable means of getting a win, but still a means of doing so.
    • The best way that Gus could achieve the aforementioned end, would come if was he used his liquid form to travel and attack the team, as opposed to facing them outright, or in the Michael Myers style.
  •  On the Egypt note, I wouldn't hang up too much on it per say, I'm just assuming the location based on where most of the Mummy movies tend to take place. However, you are right, while there is heat in Egypt, perhaps an extreme amount, and the likelihood of that drying him out is pretty strong, I don't think he necessarily needs water per say, but if he dries out at all, he will become brittle, this is all speculative assumption mind you, and at that point bullets would very likely tear him apart quite easily.
    • Hence, if this match up takes place in Egypt, for that very reason, Gus would actually be put at a disadvantage, a strong disadvantage in that environment.