Slot: The Team's Dark Secret
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pennywise at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Bros

Battle Terrain
Target: Ellen Ripley

Initially I would think Pennywise might have a decent chance here as It is an otherworldly entity. At the same time, It does feed off of fear and Ripley has shown to overcome fear in fighting against xenomorphs and even a queen. I'm gonna hold back for a bit before deciding

I have this suspicious that the Pennywise from the books is not as weak as the movies. Sure, he got beat by children in the books, but that was due to the fact that they were literally aided by two outerwordly Gods that could snap existence away if they so wishes. Sure, fear aids him, and he does enjoy it, but he doesn't really shrivel up the moment someone doesn't show fear. He's persistent. On the other hand, the Wraith really doesn't offer anything that the Xenomorphs didn't. He's on the level of a normal Xenomorph, maybe even lesser, and his invisibility does not work while he attacks, that is to say he has to uncloak before attacking anyone so even his main advantage (stealth) is actually garbage when you think about it. I'm going with Pennywise, Ellen Ripley just won't have the support of Maturin or Gan.

The Wrath character is from the video game 'Dead by Daylight' which I am not familiar with.  So, I read the Wiki page.

This line from the wiki jumped out at me:

The survivors cannot fight against the killer and can only survive by running away and evading them

Ellen Ripley will fight using space marine tech and all her wits and wiles.

I would have to choose Pennywise in this situation.  The Wrath doesn't seem like he's used to prey that fires back.

7 hours ago, Fox said:

The Wrath character is from the video game 'Dead by Daylight' which I am not familiar with.  So, I read the Wiki page.

This line from the wiki jumped out at me:

The survivors cannot fight against the killer and can only survive by running away and evading them

Ellen Ripley will fight using space marine tech and all her wits and wiles.

I would have to choose Pennywise in this situation.  The Wrath doesn't seem like he's used to prey that fires back.

Survivors in Dead by Daylight can only fight back by stunning the Killers, such as Wraith. They can hit him with wooden pallets, blind him with fireworks or a flashlight, or hit him with a door.

I know that doesn't sound overly impressive but it's kind of how the game mechanics work. We do know he can turn almost completely invisible and butcher people to death with ease. He is also a keen tracker, able to smell traces of blood from a distance and have great eyesight in the dark.

While I'm not sure he can outright kill Ripley, I think he's got a better chance than Pennywise who will rely on her fear to do her in. Which won't work. The Wraith is going to be more direct and physical and Ripley won't see him coming.

Also, something I found from DBD lore about The Wraith 'Ojomo snapped and went ballistic. He threw his boss in the crusher and let it slowly compress, as the head stuck out, Ojomo grabbed it and pulled head and spine out of the body. Then he left and was never seen again.'

Guess he's strong enough to rip a man's spine out? That's in-human levels of strength right there.

Pennywise doesn’t just need fear in order to do anything, it enjoys taunting and frightening prey, but it can certainly just take people out with no issue without having to scare them. Pennywise wiped out colonies of people on his own, and has killed adults without issue.