Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

7:1 - Emperor Palpatine vs. Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne)

UMPIRE

SEASON 7, ROUND 1

Emperor Palpatine

Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Emperor Palpatine at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucasfilm, LTD

Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne)

Slot: The Team Evil Genius
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Unstoppable Wasp (Nadia Van Dyne) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain
Genius Challenge: Who wins the battle using only Robotics skills

Well, given that Nadia inherited her incredibly gifted mind from her father Hank Pym, the creator of one of Marvel’s most dangerous robots ever: Ultron, and the fact that she is well versed in several scientific fields while Sidious has never shown any personal aptitude for robotics(as far as I know), I am reasonably confident that Nadia has this in the bag.

Palpatine comes from a universe where robots and droids are the norm, the standard. Kids can build them if they have the right parts. Emperor Palpatine built Darth Vader. He built the rig that his clone body used to keep himself alive. He's proven he is a capable man and not out of this battle.

11 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Palpatine comes from a universe where robots and droids are the norm, the standard. Kids can build them if they have the right parts. Emperor Palpatine built Darth Vader. He built the rig that his clone body used to keep himself alive. He's proven he is a capable man and not out of this battle.

Plainly disagree. Kids can do so, but only clearly gifted kids. Not every kid. Palpatine did not personally build any of what you just described, he had other people and medical droids do it for him on his behalf.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I don't know if referring to Anakin Skywalker as just a kid is a good way of proving your point. Anyone who has seen the movies can see that referring to him as that is disingenuous. I agree with CT, because in All-New, All-Different Avengers Vol 1 9, they let Nadia know that her skills are genetic and she should technically have the ability to do the same things as her father when it comes to robotics.

I dont know. This would be tough. Palpatine is no idiot. As Russ said, he comes from a universe where droids and robots are normal everyday things. He was incredibly intelligent, I mean he took over control of the galaxy. I would assume somewhere in his education, he learned how to build a droid.

But with that said, Nadai is also insanely intelligent. And that cannot be disputed. I do see it being close but I think Nadai should be able to take this one

3 minutes ago, Boratz said:

Palpatine is no idiot. As Russ said, he comes from a universe where droids and robots are normal everyday things. He was incredibly intelligent, I mean he took over control of the galaxy.

That he did, and as a political mastermind and schemer he's undeniably a crafty genius in that regard. But comparing political scheming and manipulations with science, specifically robotics, is like comparing apples and oranges. They're just two different things there. Sure, he might have built a droid once or twice in his youth or something, but it has never been shown to be a specialty of his, as far as I'm aware. Certainly not enough to hold his own with Nadia in this challenge.

1 minute ago, C.T. said:

That he did, and as a political mastermind and schemer he's undeniably a crafty genius in that regard. But comparing political scheming and manipulations with science, specifically robotics, is like comparing apples and oranges. They're just two different things there. Sure, he might have built a droid once or twice in his youth or something, but it has never been shown to be a specialty of his, as far as I'm aware. Certainly not enough to hold his own with Nadia in this challenge.

That's why I see Nadai taking this. I think Palpatine may have an understanding of building a droid and maybe even an advanced one at that, but Nadai is probably capable of making another Ultron or something even worse than Ultron. I just don't see Palps being able to create something to that extent 

• Like 2