Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

5:3 - The Turians vs. Trianii Rangers

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 3

The Turians

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Turians at Wikipedia
Official Site: BioWare

Trianii Rangers

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Trianii Rangers at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lucasfilm

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Battleground planet Earth

The Trianii Rangers are primarily a defensive force that protect their colonies. They are very capable but they weren't known as an intergalactic force-to-be-reckoned-with. They fought plenty of pirates in space, but they have never gone up against a force like the Turian Fleet. The Turians were the most capable military force in the galaxy. They already have experience with Earth and the human race, and nearly defeated them in the First Contact War. If this Earth isn't space faring, then I think the Turians have this one in the bag.

17 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

The Trianii Rangers are primarily a defensive force that protect their colonies. They are very capable but they weren't known as an intergalactic force-to-be-reckoned-with. They fought plenty of pirates in space, but they have never gone up against a force like the Turian Fleet. The Turians were the most capable military force in the galaxy. They already have experience with Earth and the human race, and nearly defeated them in the First Contact War. If this Earth isn't space faring, then I think the Turians have this one in the bag.

This singlehandedly managed to convince me. It feels genuine and you show actual knowledge in these two species. I'll believe you this time around.

• Like 1

Turians are certainly something to be reckoned with, and honestly the only way the Rangers might win here is by relying on their guerrilla tactics, which might not work.

If they had prior knowledge of Earth, maybe, but I can't call that here.

All that being said, the Trianii while primarily defensive did manage to colonize and control multiple worlds in the Tingle Arm post- Fibuli, and post-GCW, so they do seem to have at least some decent offensive capabilities.

Added to that, their efforts and eventually victory against the Corporate Sector Authority, or CSA, is very impressive as a feat for the Rangers, as not every group of species can take on a powerful para-military organization and hope to win, so you gotta give them props there.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 3:00 PM, Z451 said:

Turians are certainly something to be reckoned with, and honestly the only way the Rangers might win here is by relying on their guerrilla tactics, which might not work.

If they had prior knowledge of Earth, maybe, but I can't call that here.

All that being said, the Trianii while primarily defensive did manage to colonize and control multiple worlds in the Tingle Arm post- Fibuli, and post-GCW, so they do seem to have at least some decent offensive capabilities.

Added to that, their efforts and eventually victory against the Corporate Sector Authority, or CSA, is very impressive as a feat for the Rangers, as not every group of species can take on a powerful para-military organization and hope to win, so you gotta give them props there.

Oh yeah, the Trianii are by no means a slouch. Their feats are still impressive given the universe they are in. They just came up short here.