Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

5:3 - The Sovereign vs. Martians (Mars Attacks)

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 3

The Sovereign

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about The Sovereign at Wikipedia
Official Site: Disney

Martians (Mars Attacks)

Slot: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Martians (Mars Attacks) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Bros.

Battle Terrain
Alien Invasion: Fleet Battle

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Mars Attack aliens are perfectly capable of dealing with nuclear missiles

One of the Sovereign fleets was taken down by Drax using a handheld weapon.

I think it's pretty obvious who has the stronger fleets in this case. Mars Attacks Aliens win this for me easily.

I think your first clip doesn't prove your point very well. It was able to absorb a nuclear bomb, but the fact that they had to use a little device to do it instead of just tanking it, and the fact that their ship was still affected by it, implies that their not super durable outside of that device. The Sovereign fleet is far faster and more mobile. The Martians are very slow and their only defense wouldn't protect them against more than one attacker at once, assuming they're even able to deploy it.

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I think your first clip doesn't prove your point very well. It was able to absorb a nuclear bomb, but the fact that they had to use a little device to do it instead of just tanking it,

The little device tanks the nuclear bomb first and then absorbs the blast. If they can make a little device that durable, it's safe to say that their entire ships are just as durable. I've yet to see a reason as to why the Sovereign fleet can even hurt the Mars Attacks ships.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

The little device tanks the nuclear bomb first and then absorbs the blast. If they can make a little device that durable, it's safe to say that their entire ships are just as durable. I've yet to see a reason as to why the Sovereign fleet can even hurt the Mars Attacks ships.

Their ships have no durability feats that show that. The fact that they have to deploy that device implies to me that their ships aren't that durable. Why would they need the device at all if the ship itself were that durable? Despite not getting hit, the ship is still rattled by the explosion, which the device isn't. There's no reason to assume the ship itself is anywhere near that durable

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Their ships have no durability feats that show that. The fact that they have to deploy that device implies to me that their ships aren't that durable. Why would they need the device at all if the ship itself were that durable? Despite not getting hit, the ship is still rattled by the explosion, which the device isn't. There's no reason to assume the ship itself is anywhere near that durable

The ship itself is rattled because the weight and density of the ship isn't enough to stand still when hit with the kinetic energy of an exploding nuclear bomb, but for the most part the ship itself appears to be unharmed. Compare this to the sovereign fleet who got crushed by being shot with a weapon that was a lot smaller and packed a lot less kinetic energy. Furthermore, the Mars Attacks ships are just as nimble as the Sovereign fleet as showcased by the fact that they take the most extreme sharp turns and don't go flying in a certain direction. As it stands, I don't see anything from the Sovereign fleet that deals more damage than the US Military at the time the movie was made (1996), and they were absolutely bodied by the Mars Attacks aliens. Only thing the Sovereign fleet has going for them over the military is the fact that they have ships that can traverse space.