Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 15166 Jason Bourne vs. Ra's Al Ghul

Nate86

The sun rose over Alexandria, and as it did people started up their cars and got ready for the days work. Set on the northern coast of Egypt this city was the perfect place for some sun, some sight seeing, and for internationally wanted, high value assets to lay low.

Jason Bourne walked off the beach and onto the sidewalk, the sun glistening off his sweaty body. He’d just finished his morning run and was planning to go to a nearby market to purchase some more food for the week. News surrounding him had died down again in recent years and he felt more at ease than ever. This didn’t prevent him from picking a different market to shop at this week, just like every other week, but he felt a sense that things were more relaxed than they had been for him in years.

He dawned a shirt he had in his backpack and entered the market. Haggling with the local shop owner and getting some well deserved food he was on his way home when he noticed two mysterious men who were definitely out of their element. Both of them were dressed in black robes, which was very unusual for men and with the temperature rising at this time of year. They also looked as though they were admiring the local architecture but Jason knew better. They were examining it for something. A vulnerability? Something hidden? He couldn’t be sure but they stuck out nonetheless. Wishing not to attract attention to himself he set a path towards home, but with a mental note of the men at the front of his mind.

As his day progressed he found himself in a lineup of other fit men facing a heavy set man. Jason saw him a few times every week for work and rarely was he passed on. The work kept him fit and nimble enough for his nights where he dabbled in some underground fighting from time to time. The heavy set man looked at the lineup intently and after a moment pointed six times at six different men. Speaking in Arabic he proceeded,

“I want the six of you. You’re mainly going to be lifting bags and crates onto a couple of ships. Remember, if you spill anything I dock half your pay for the day. Now get to work.”

Jason was one of the six. As he stepped forward a man behind him protested.

“You always pick the American. I am stronger than he is! I am larger than he is! I need work too!”

The heavy set man hardly addressed him in his response, as though he had other things to do and this was the least of his worries.

“Maybe it’s because he doesn’t talk. When he doesn’t talk he doesn’t complain and simply works like I want him to.”

The heavy set man kept on his set course, hardly bothered. Jason felt a hand on his shoulder.

“You steal my work American! I’ve had about enough!”

He swung at Jason with a punch that could knock a door off its hinges, but without changing a muscle in his face Jason moved backwards and as the large man followed through his punch. With the position of his body bent forward Jason brought his chest down to meet his knees and broke some of the mans ribs. He howled in agony as Jason got to work.

Later that night Jason returned to the docks realizing he’d lost his keys, probably in the skirmish, and the docks weren’t too far away. The vast Citadel Of Qaitbay wasn’t too far off and he could swear he could make out two more figures in dark robes but when he approached they were gone.

The next day he saw the two men in a market in town once again. They ducked behind an alley and he followed. When he’d caught up to them they were tucking a package of some sort under a cracked off piece of the alleyway. One of them noticed Jason.

“Go away.”

“What are you two doing here?”

“Is that an American accent?”

The man caught a glint in his eye and a smile on his face. He turned to his accomplice.

“Ra’s said any American were ours. Come here you filth.”

They approached Jason quickly. As one of the robed men extended his arm Jason blocked it. A slight flash of surprise registered on the mans face. Jason went in for a punch but the man blocked him. Now it was Jason who was surprised. Moving backwards in the alley Jason brought his opponents to him, blocking punches, kicks, and all in amazement of their training. As they continued he found small openings in his enemies defense and soon exploited it. Due to the narrowness of the alleyway he fought them one at a time. Finally deflecting a blow and punching his first opponent in the throat he advanced in the second man, a less experienced opponent Jason quickly had him thrust against the wall.

“What are you doing here?”

Nothing. Jason banged his head against the wall.

“Tell me.”

The man looked at his accomplice; squirming in the ground, grasping his throat, making chocking noise. Jason looked back and the man slipped from his grasp. He pulled a pill from his person and shoved it in his mouth.

“The League Of Shadows will veil the world in the final revolution!”

The poison acted quickly and the man fell to the ground. Jason discovered an aerosol bomb placed in the crack in the wall. The men hadn’t had time to set the fuse. Jason hid the bodies in the alley as best he could and found a note on one of them. It read: “Ra’s Al Ghul shall bathe in Lazarus once more. The Citadel is the key.”

That night Jason approached the Citadel, determined to figure this out. This time though he found 15 robed men standing near the entrance and the police were questioning them. They looked as if they were standing guard for something so Jason with his knowledge of the area slowly climbed an outside wall to avoid any conflict. Once he was inside he noticed a hole in the ground that looked fresh. Upon entering it he was hit with the sound of bubbling liquid. What would have been a dark cave was drenched in green light, and in that light stood a man with a grey goatee, eccentric streaked hair, and the most diverse sounding accent Jason had ever heard.

“You’ve interrupted my ritual.”

Jason stood quietly.

“I have a ritual before I enter the Lazarus pit. How long it’s been. They all dried up you know. I thought I was doomed to die just like you but it turns out there’s this one. Possibly the last.”

Jason still stood quietly.

“Forgive me. I am Ra’s Al Ghul. Leader of the league of shadows. Master of immortality.”

“Why did you plant that bomb?”

“You must be responsible for my men’s disappearance. They were well trained.”

“Why?”

“A distraction. This city has become wasteful, fallen into nothing and must be destroyed. Just as well I need a distraction so I can enter the Lazarus pit. You prevented that from happening so I had to take a less subtle approach before time ran out.”

Jason heard shouts and gunfire from outside the citadel.

“You’re a terrorist.”

“An ecoterrorist yes. Restoring the world to its glory for 500 years. Without the Lazarus Pit I shall parish and my work will be incomplete. Alexandria is named after Alexander The Great. He too came here in search of immortality but no luck. He never felt the power I felt and yearn to feel once again. Now if you’ll excuse me my destiny awaits me at the end of this tunnel. It’s been torture being like you this long.”

Jason sprinted after him, Ra’s turned around and swung his leg towards Jason. Barely dodging it Jason rolled forward and found himself between this dangerous man and what he so eagerly desired.

Setup: Jason Bourne and Ra’s Al Ghul in a relatively neutral cave setting. Hand to hand combat. Ra’s hasn’t had the effects of the Lazarus Pit in some time so he’s normal but still has 500 years of martial arts training but Jason Bourne is one of the most proficient fighters ever and is also extremely well trained. If Ra’s reaches the pit the fight isn’t necessarily over but how the scenario plays out beyond that is up to you.

• Like 1

This is a good matchup, Jason might be nearly on Batman's level I feel and doesn't have any compunctions about killing. But Ra's manages to go toe to toe with batman and also doesn't have any killing hesitation. Plus he's over 500 and has spent that time staying in fighting shape. Tough match really.

The setup was well written sounded authentically like a spy thriller. Though if I may offer a bit of critique, when you have characters speaking we need reminders who's saying what to who. Get's puzzling with dialogue in a vacuum so to speak. 

I'm leaning toward Ra's, but I could easily be swayed either way.  If Bourne kept going the hardcore Bond route, a villain similar to Ra's wouldn't have been out of the question. The fact that I am not sure is a sign of a good pairing, nice setup and match.

This was a really engaging story. I don't know much Bourne but I know he's got skills. You were smart to balance them out with Ra's not having the Lazarus pit. This will be a good fight that would be great to watch if you picture Liam Neeson as Ra's. Ultimately, Ra's will win based on his experience but I don't think Bourne will die here. He likely gets knocked out and beaten bad but left alive.

A good matchup and a good setup. I'm leaning towards Jason based purely on what was written here, however I just probably research Ra's some more before I vote...I know he's a Batman villain and all but I'm more familiar with his scheming than his fighting skills.