Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Tournament - New Mutants vs. The Gang (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia)

Movie-Brat

The roaring audience cheered as a player of the Philadelphia eagles made a touchdown. A few young people were trying to make the crowd despite the loud noise and people screaming at them to move. Half the reason being mutants, half the reason they claimed they could not see the game. 

"Is it a wise idea to be here?" Rahne, the Scottish girl known as Wolfsbane, asked out of concern. The loud noises from the crowd made her feel uneasy. 

"If it gets to you too much, we'll leave." Replied Dani, the Northern Cheyenne girl known as Mirage, with a soft smile on her face. She placed her hand on Rahne's for double the reassurance. In turn, Rahne returned the smile. 

The New Mutants consisting of Wolfsbane, Mirage, Cannonball, Sunspot, Magik, Warlock, Karma and Boom Boom had been given free football tickets by Logan thanks to Captain Marvel as she could not make it due to an emergency mission that lasted two weeks. And Logan had a similar emergency except Krakoa related business. 

So finally, the New Mutants managed to get the tickets. Logan claiming it'd be a good learning experience. Dani suspected that was a sarcastic remark. Nevertheless, they thought it could be fun. Cypher could not make it though it turned out. In his case, he had an accident involving Shadowcat and Emma Frost. The details were not really clear to them but broken backs and the Pink Panther diamond were involved somehow. And a French guy who claimed to be chief inspector. 

Instead, a curious addition got his ticket instead. 

"I have a question," Sam, aka Cannonball, said as he sat down before asking, "Why is she here?"

He referred to the little girl sitting next to him with an actual wolverine. Gabby, the clone of X-23 could only reply, "Jonathan wanted to experience culture!"

She said with a cheeky smile as she hugged the wolverine she called Jonathan. 

Sam could not help but feel uncomfortable. Something about that smile creeped him out. 

"It's not so bad!" Roberto, aka Sunspot, said. "We have great seats, the game's just starting, this can't fail!"

To their irritation however, they heard a louder noise. They turned to see five people, four men and one woman screaming at each other. 

They could barely make out what was said due both the speed of their speech and the loud crowd. But what they could make out involved the bearded man known as Charlie making them late somehow which prompted harsh reactions from the rest. 

"Excuse me!" Gabby called out to the five. They turned to see her as they screamed "What?!" 

Gabby, unfazed, replied, "Jonathan is trying to watch and your yelling is scaring him. Can you turn it down, please?"

Gabby asked that last word with what could only be described as the sweetest smile imaginable.

"Hi, little girl," the man known as Mac approached her. "The adults are talking, okay? Don't care what your dog has to say."

"He's not a dog, he's a wolverine!" Gabby said, slightly offended. 

"Wait, wolverine?" The man known as Dennis said in confusion. "Since when do people bring pets?"

"Excuse me!" Dani called out. "Can you sit down and watch the game. We're trying to enjoy it."

"We were just talking and then your brat interrupted us." The blonde woman known as Dee spat. 

"Okay, we're not asking for trouble." Roberto said. "We're just here for football."

"Shouldn't you freaks be on that island?" The short, bald man known as Frank said in a derogatory manner. 

"Let's really not go there." Xi'an, the girl known as Karma, said as she was offended by the remark. 

"What, you think you can take us?" Dee screamed in a very arrogant manner, enough to rile up the men. 

"We can take down, you muties!" Charlie roared. 

The hostility had gone up a lot that Dani, sensing these four will make a racist remark about her, decided to do the inevitable. 

"That's it, don't hold me back." Dani said as she cracked her knuckles. 

The rest of the mutants stood up in support. All ready for a fight. 

-------------

Basically this a very comedic fight on purpose. The goal being can the New Mutants take on The Gang without their powers and can they still do so even after a riot starts. The line up is based on the current run going on, especially with it now being written by Vita Ayala, hence why Gabby is here since she's a member now. 

Learn More About
New Mutants
Read more about New Mutants at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics Links: Wikipedia Entry on New Mutants Marvel Database Entry Original New Mutants Info

The Gang (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia)
Read more about The Gang (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia) at Wikipedia
Official Site: FX Links: Wikipedia It's always sunny in philadelphia wi wikiquote

Heh, good entry, Movie-Brat. Is X-23 generally this cheerful in the current comics run? She was definitely more of the brooding, belligerent type in X-Men: Evolution and from what I've looked up about her in past comics.

As for the match, I'm pretty sure the Mutant kids should win this, since they would have more combat training than the It's Always Sunny ... crew, even without using their powers. 

BTW, I think you want to place a link to this match in this month's Tournament thread, to make it easier to find and place in the CBUB HoF in case it wins.

4 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Is X-23 generally this cheerful in the current comics run? She was definitely more of the brooding, belligerent type in X-Men: Evolution and from what I've looked up about her in past comics.

Nah Gabby isn't X-23(aka Laura Kinney). She's a clone of X-23 though, yes. Also yes, Gabby is cheerfully adorable. : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, good entry, Movie-Brat. Is X-23 generally this cheerful in the current comics run? She was definitely more of the brooding, belligerent type in X-Men: Evolution and from what I've looked up about her in past comics.

As for the match, I'm pretty sure the Mutant kids should win this, since they would have more combat training than the It's Always Sunny ... crew, even without using their powers. 

BTW, I think you want to place a link to this match in this month's Tournament thread, to make it easier to find and place in the CBUB HoF in case it wins.

Whoops. I'll do that and what somebody else said, this is her clone Gabby. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
DSkillz - CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
Fox - CBUB Match Judge : 3 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
0 + 2 + 2 + 0 + 0 = 4 Total Votes
( (0 * 5) + (2 * 4) + (2 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 14 Total Stars Score
14 / 4 = 3.50 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
New Mutants: 5
The Gang (It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia): 1