MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15133 Nyotengu vs. Eliza

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXII

5f4cf627107907e9aedc15057e146b1e.thumb.jpg.8d57651565cbd9439c955a60e368136e.jpg

After a vicious battle, Rachel slammed her fellow demon hunter, Shura, on to the castle ground. Shura remained on the ground motionless. (REF: RACHEL VS. SHURA)

“I don’t want to kill you,” Rachel said with sadness.

A voice arose from the skull attached to Shura’s shoulder. “Do it. End her life. You are the one that I have been looking for.”

“Be quiet demon!” Rachel demanded.

She lifted her war hammer and brought it down on the skull, smashing it into pieces. A red spirit arose from the skull fragments and immediately entered Rachel’s body.

Rachel twitched. “What do you think you are doing?”

“Possessing you, obviously. Shura was just a temporary vehicle until I could find a warrior strong enough to be my rebirth. You are that warrior,” a demonic voice answered. “Your fiend blood makes you an even better match.”

Rachel's eyes turned red before returning to normal. She clenched her fist. “I have been hunting fiends and demons most of my life. You think I would be dumb enough not to develop a resistance to demonic possession after all this time.Try as you might, you will not overtake me.”

“Hmmm, that puts us at an impasse as we are now bound together,” said the demon.

Rachel heard Kasumi’s voice in the distance. “Rachel? Are you in here? Is everything okay?”

“Kasumi is coming. She will no doubt sense you within my body and might even try to attack me,” guessed Rachel.

“That is an easy problem to solve. We kill her,” the demon suggested.

“No. We will not,” Rachel retorted. “I just need to get out of here until I can figure out a way to expel you from me.”

Rachel escaped out through the back of the castle before Kasumi could reach her.

“If you are determined to be rid of me, I know of a way,” stated the demon.

“Why would I trust you?” Rachel asked.

“Hear me out. If you can get Soul Edge you can extract me out and cast me into another demon body. Then we could have a proper fight to the death,” the demon explained.

“No. There must be another way,” Rachel insisted.

Back in the castle, Kasumi stepped over the corpses of dead fiends before coming upon the unconscious body of Shura. She looked around desperately for Rachel, but there was no trace of her.

“Oh Rachel. Where have you gone? What happened to you?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------“

nyotengu_vs_eliza_by_avgnjr1985_db93xvw-fullview.thumb.jpg.58faff247a725a7b7133234276dc6713.jpg

After having her conversation with Ryu Hayabusa, Nyotengu made her way to Italy. Once there, she descended from the sky in front of an ancient cathedral.  She walked through the entrance. The cathedral appeared empty, but Nyotengu knew better.

“Eliza! Eliza! I know you are here. Show yourself,” Nyotengu announced.

The vampire, Eliza, strolled up from the back of the cathedral. Her expression was a mix of confusion and annoyance.’

“The tengu princess? How disappointing, I was hoping you were my afternoon snack,” she stated.

“Eliza, how long has it been? Four, five hundred years,” Nyotengu said with a smile.

“Six hundred,” Eliza corrected as she tried to fight through her own drowsiness. “I took a nap that ended up taking a bit longer than I anticipated.”:

Nyotengu smirked. “Never have been the most energetic vampire have you?”

“What do you want?” Eliza asked.

“I am looking for some intel,” responded Nyotengu. “I want to know what the vampires’ plan is now that Soul Edge is resurfacing. And don’t bother trying to plead ignorance. Every ancient race in this realm knows what Soul Edge is and the power it possesses. So tell...”

Nyotengu stopped mid sentence when she noticed Eliza was asleep on her feet.

She scolded the vampire. “Eliza! How dare you fall asleep when I am talking to you!”

Eliza opened her eyes. “I am awake. I am awake.”

“As I was saying with the reemergence of Soul Edge I know that..” Nyotengu stopped again as she noticed Eliza’s head nodding in front of her. “Eliza!”

“What do you want from me?” whined Eliza. “I haven’t feasted in awhile and I need the blood to keep me alert. If you were going to come all this way to lecture me you could at least have had the decency to bring me a meal. Then you would have my undivided attention.”

Nyotengu stepped into Eliza’s personal space. “I am not your personal chef.”

Eliza scoffed. “Whatever. What do you care what the vampires want to do with Soul Edge? If we can turn this world into a neverending buffet it won’t stop the tengu from having their fun. There would be plenty of chaos to go around.”

“That’s the thing, I don’t want to turn this world into a chaotic wasteland,” said Nyotengu.

Eliza lifted an eyebrow.

“I quite enjoy coming to this realm as a relaxing vacation from my tengu kingdom. I get a kick out of living amongst humans from time to time and I don’t want to lose that,” Nyotengu explained.

Eliza was in shock. “Wow. You really are a spoiled princess aren’t you?”

“I fail to see how that’s any business of yours,” Nyotengu replied.

Eliza snapped. “If you are going to try to stop the opportunity of me getting easy meals then it is my business.” 

“Stop being lazy, drink some coffee, and hunt for your food like most self respecting predators.”

Eliza was silent for a moment before responding. “You know, I am sure your kingdom would be very interested to know that its princess is a traitor and is denying them possible free reign just to keep her personal playground all to herself.”

Anger seeped into Nyotengu’s voice. “You wouldn’t dare.”

Eliza had a sinister smile on her face. “If I take you down I will probably be greeted as a hero. Hmmm, I was wrong before. You did bring a meal with you.” She stepped into her fighting stance. “I’ve never tasted tengu blood before. I bet it's even better than that of a human. I bet you could sustain me for days. Maybe even cure my narcolepsy.”

A battle between two characters that started around the same time as the hot gothic/mystic girl dlc for their respective games that were later shoehorned into their franchises lol. Although I must say I think they fit into this arc rather well.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 2:16 AM, JohnnyChany said:

A battle between two characters that started around the same time as the hot gothic/mystic girl dlc for their respective games that were later shoehorned into their franchises lol. Although I must say I think they fit into this arc rather well.

Gotta include them somehow, right? All you need to do is include Negan and Noctis in this thing and you'll be golden. Can you imagine either of those guys going after Soul Edge? Insane.

Anyway, this fight could go on for awhile but I'm giving it to Eliza. I like her more as a character and as long as she can keep Nyotengu on the ground, she can combo the hell out of her close and mid range. I think her magic is bit stronger, but I might be mistaken. Eliza is also a little unorthodox of a fighter and that could throw Nyotengu off balance.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:50 PM, SSJRuss said:

Gotta include them somehow, right? All you need to do is include Negan and Noctis in this thing and you'll be golden. Can you imagine either of those guys going after Soul Edge? Insane..

I was not a fan of the Negan inclusion in Tekken 7 personally. Just a weird mix of worlds. I love Final Fantasy. All things being equal, Noctis should have been in Soul Calibur if he was going to cross over and Tifa should have been in Tekken. I know the timelines for the game releases don't match up, but it would have been cool. 

49 minutes ago, Callisto said:

Match Final Results

RATINGS SCORE: 4.00
0 regular members rated the match.
1 CBUB Match Judges rated the match.

MATCH SCORE
Nyotengu: 4
Eliza: 3

Damn. I wanna recount! Lol