General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 15121 Vice vs. Cassandra Alexander

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXX

Alex.jpg.b5b0031bed3fa15eb363c448f2cc61c6.jpg

Mila had blacked out for a few minutes after being blindsided by an enraged muscular man with long blonde hair. (REF: BASS ARMSTRONG VS. ALEX)  She returned to her senses and pulled herself off the ground. She held her ribs in pain and looked over to see the same man now pummeling her wrestling hero, Bass Armstrong, into the ground. It was clear Bass had lost the ability to protect himself at this point.

“Stop it!” Mila cried.

The pounding stopped and Alex’s eyes darted over in Mila’s direction.

“Why are you attacking us?” Mila asked.

“Because you assaulted my friend,” said Alex as he pointed over the beaten body of Vanessa Lewis.

“I never intended to fight her. She came after me first,” Mila insisted.  (REF: MILA VS. VANESSA LEWIS)

“Why would she do that?”

“I don’t know. We just came here looking for Sarah Bryant and your friend over there rushed me,” Mila replied.

“Sarah? You know her? Is she here?” Alex inquired.

“I met her before the fifth Dead or Alive tournament,” Mila answered. “If she is around here somewhere I haven’t seen her.”

Alex remained skeptical. “What is your business with Sarah?”

"Bass and I were sent here by request of Helena Douglas to recruit and protect Sarah from some evil weapon called Soul Edge.”  (REF: BRAD WONG VS. LEI WULONG)  Mila glanced back at Vanessa. “Maybe we were too late. There was an unnatural orange glow in your friend’s eyes and she was almost incoherent when she spoke. Could this be what Helena was afraid of?”

Alex grew frustrated. “Who is Helena and what are you talking about?”

Mila spent the next several minutes explaining everything she had been told by Helena Douglas and about the need for strong fighters to go against the evil corporations in pursuit of Soul Edge. Alex’s ears perked up at the mention of Shadoloo in particular.

Mature watched the unfolding situation from across the street through her binoculars. “Looks like the fun is over. They are actually just talking now.”

A dismayed Mature lowered her binoculars.

Vice cracked her knuckles. “Now that you have gotten playing puppet master out of your system, what do you say we head over there and clean up the rest of this mess.”

The two women were interrupted by a suddenly free shop owner speeding past them and running out the door screaming for help. Vice motioned to go after him, but was held up by Mature.

Vice was confused. “Do you think we should just let him get away?” 

“I am more concerned about how he got free,” Mature remarked.

The two women turned their attention to the cash register where they got a full view of Cassandra Alexandra holding both sword and shield.

cassandra-model-2.jpg.22e04203e0f3c531999c73eb0b5ba68f.jpg

“It was I,” Cassandra announced.

“What kind of renaissance fair reject do we have here?” Vice wondered. “How did you get in?”

“I will ask the questions, villain. Where is Soul Edge? Who is responsible for resurrecting it?” Cassandra demanded.

“Oh, you are one of those,” stated Mature. She looked over at Vice. “She is one of those ancient warriors Urien was rambling about. One of the ones from the last time Soul Edge existed in this world.” Mature returned her focus to Cassandra. “You look amazing for your age. You must share with me your skin care routine.”

“Enough with your mockery. Tell me what you know,” insisted Cassandra.

Vice and Mature felt no urgency to listen to Cassandra’s demands.

“You think the shards led her to us?” Vice asked her partner.

“I would assume so.” Mature replied. “I wonder if they act like some sort of homing beacon when they are activated.”

Cassandra’s eyes widened. “You have shards of Soul Edge with you now? I knew I felt the presence of the malfested here.”

Vice laughed and produced a black pouch full of Soul Edge fragments given to her by Urien. “You mean these?”

“They must be destroyed. And anyone who willingly uses them must be stopped,” said Cassandra.

Mature stepped into a fighting position.

“No! She is mine,” Vice declared. “I never got a chance to have a full fight yet. Besides, you need to chase down that dunce of a shop owner and make sure he doesn’t spill out his guts. At least not figuratively.”

Mature started to argue but was cut off by Vice. “This is your mess. It was your idea to infect that silver haired woman so you have to take responsibility for the ramifications that decision caused.”

“Are you mad about it?” asked Mature.

“Not at all,” answered Vice. “We got to see this stuff in action and it attracted a new toy to play with.”

Cassandra gritted her teeth and gripped harder on to her sword.

Mature shrugged. “Fair enough. I’ll go nab the weasel. Do be quick about this though, we still need to take out that redhead across the street before she leaves.”

“I haven’t forgotten about her. This shouldn't be a problem," stated Vice.

Mature walked briskly out the door in pursuit of the shop owner.

“She is in for a rude awakening if she thinks I will let her leave. I plan to take you both down and force the truth out of you,” said Cassandra.

Vice smiled. “You are very confident. I like that, misguided as it is.” Vice then tilted her head. “I wonder if Urien would be interested in your beaten body. You might make a great bargaining chip.”

It was the second time that name had been mentioned. Cassandra made a mental note of it, figuring he was the one in charge. Cassandra was still working on being less impetuous after all these years. Her older sister, Sophitia, had always stressed the importance of being more observant during tense situations.

Vice held up the pouch of Soul Edge shards and mused, “I wonder if I should ingest one of these myself, seeing as they are the reason your panties are in a bunch. That girl exploded with rage when we infected her, it looked like a fun time.”

Cassandra quickly jumped at Vice and swung her sword at Vice’s hand knocking the pouch to the ground

“You have no idea the kind of evil power you are dealing with here,” Cassandra remarked.

Angered by the option being taken away from her, Vice lifted her hands to fight. “You are going to need a much bigger shield to protect you from me.”

Nice writing and progress on the story. Vice and Mature have caused a lot of chaos so far but I think Vice meets her match. Cass is an excellent warrior and has a better combo than Vice. If Cass keeps the fight mid range, she won't have any problems. That could be unlikely but if this is a 3 round match, my money is on Cassandra.