MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 13227 Darth Maul vs. Gambit

xLEGACYx

This was the previous chapter in the arc

Deathstroke VS Sinister Six VS Darth Maul

http://www.electricf...&hl=deathstroke

As Otto Octavius emerged through the hole in the wall, one of his mechanical arms grabbed a newspaper dispenser and threw it at Deathstroke. The machine soared through the air on a collision course for Slade. Leaping into the air he used the projectile to spring off of furthering his jump towards Octavius. Otto lashed out with one of his mechanical arms and missed by inches from striking his adversary. As Deathstroke fell through the air, he slashed at an incoming arm with his promethium sword. The mechanical arm sparked and fell severed in two. He landed in front of Octavius and struck him in the throat with his fist. The whole time Electro had been building a massive charge. Slade was busy countering the strikes from Otto's remaining three mechanical arms.

Darth Maul sat and watched the confrontation. He thought that he could never stand by and let another take the victory that was to be his. He had trained from childhood to be the best and nothing would stand in his way. He was a Sith and he would show his master why he should be his number one choice. He would kill Deathstroke, after dealing with these other low life's first. Maul saw Slade get knocked across the street into a car by one of Octavius' mechanical arms. Leaping down from where he was perched above, Maul landed between Slade and his targets. Holding his dual light saber out in front of him and activated it. A red glow began to illuminate Maul's face hidden beneath his hood.

Electro blasted the electricity he had been building up towards the new opponent. Maul using his light saber, intercepted the lightning. The clash of electricity on saber crackled and sparked until it dissipated. Then using a force push he sent Electro hurling into the bay, unprepared for the invisible attack. Maul heard Electro scream as the water lit up upon contact. Electricity erupted and arced everywhere. Maul grinned and looked in Octavius' direction. Otto then attacked, his remaining mechanical arms struck out with a fury in an attempt to grab the new attacker. Eventually he managed to ensnare Maul with of his arms. He held him in the air with his arms trapped. Slowly he tightened his grip around Maul. Using another arm, he removed the hood from Darth Maul's head. Maul smiled once again and let loose a torrent of force lightning. The lightning ran up the arms and resonated all through Octavius' body. He then dropped limp to the ground smoking and smelling of burnt flesh. Maul then walked over to he adversary and plunged his light saber through Otto's chest. Kraven had almost fully recovered now and lunged from on top of a car. With a quick spin and flip of his wrist, Maul decapitated him on the spot.

Deathstroke now rose to his feet, "I didn't need your help. Who sent you anyways?" Maul turned towards Slade and deactivated his light saber. He glared at Slade with hatred for a moment. Deathstroke said with realization, "You weren't sent here were you? You came on your own accord. Don't know if I should be honored or insulted." Maul reached down and removed his cloak. Darth Maul reactivated his light saber and prepared for battle. Slade charged forward with his promethium sword held high. As the two weapons clashed sparks flew. Separating Slade looked down at his sword now by his side. An indention from the point of contact now glowed red hot. Slade flipped backwards and threw an incendiary grenade out. Maul reacted by seizing it with the force and throwing it back at Slade. The explosion knocked Slade into a wall and the fire rippled across his armor. Deathstroke began to rise to his feet but Darth Maul was already there. Bringing the light saber down, Maul attacked. Slade reacted fast enough to block the attack with his sword. He then kicked Maul in the back to knock him off. This sent Maul rolling across the ground as Slade jumped to his feet. The two men squared off, weapons at the ready. Slade lashed out with a fury of strikes, followed by counters from Darth Maul. The sword and saber clashed and crackled with showers of sparks. Flipping backwards over a car, Maul landed opposite from Slade. Deathstroke had tossed his last semtex underneath the car in front of him. Maul heard Slade chuckled right before the explosion. Throwing his hands up Maul used the force to push it in Slade's direction. The tables had turned on Slade before he had time to realize it. The car came crashing down on top of him. The way the car landed only left one hand free. His legs and other armed were trapped beneath the smoking wreckage. Darth Maul stepped up on top of the car and loomed over Slade. He began to press his saber down on to Slade's forehead. Maul could see the Nth metal armor reacting to the attack, so instead he decided to use another method. Maul realized it would be possible to cut through but would take too much time. He then decided to reach deep within the dark side of the force. He concentrated and could feel the force slipping around Slade's neck. He began to squeeze and could feel Deathstroke's life draining from his body. He kept squeezing until Slade stopped struggling He then reached down and removed Slade's mask as a souvenir. Maul signaled his ship and then disappeared into the shadows of a near by alley.

LATER ON...

Darth Maul walked into his master's chamber with pride. He strode down the walkway that was illuminated by fires burning the length of it. His master sat in his throne, awaiting Maul's purpose. Now standing in front of the throne, Maul took a knee and bowed his head. He presented his master with Deathstroke's mask. While looking down Maul said, "Where Slade has failed, I succeeded master. He showed weakness, so I intervened. I first eliminated his targets and then made short work of the human myself." Staying still, he awaited his master's response. With a thundering voice, his master spoke, "While I had warned Slade not to fail me, it was not your place to take matters into your own hands. While the end result would have been the same, do not forget who you serve. Our actions must remain discreet for us to not be discovered. Never forget where your loyalties must lie." Angrily Maul responded, "Yes my master. I live only to serve you." With that Maul rose to his feet and returned to his quarters. Upon entering, the data on his next target was on his computer,

1 WEEK LATER...

Gambit sat at the bar, flirting with a beautiful blonde. He stroked he hair, as he saw a cloaked figure slip into a booth from the back door. He wasn't sure what it was but something made him uneasy about the figure's presence. Gathering the girls number, Remy picked up his deck of cards and headed towards the restrooms. At the last second he bolted for the back door. Entering the alley way behind the bar, he saw the fire escape leading to the roof. He hurried up the side of the building in an attempt to lose the figure. As he got to the top of the fire escape, he saw the cloaked figure emerge into the alley. Gambit ran to the edge of the roof and a black mechanical device hovered in front of him. He slid to a stop and changed direction. Turning around, he stopped because the cloaked figure now stood on the opposite side of the roof.

Darth Maul now had Gambit where he wanted. He held out his light saber and activated his crimson blade. He watched as Gambit produced his staff from out of his coat. Gambits weapon began to glow with a pink aura. Maul charged and struck. His light saber clashed with Gambit's staff to his surprise. The glow to his opponents weapon somehow made it capable of repelling his light saber. He had studied his target but had no idea the effect his opponents power would have on his own weapon. This would make his task at hand more challenging. To Maul this was a minor set back. He was confident in his abilities and was determined to prove to his master he was worthy.

Darth Maul w/ light saber

VS

Gambit w/ staff and 1 deck of playing cards

Fight takes place on New York rooftops at night

That was epic! A from me and I will give this one to Maul! He has his lightsaber and the force. He may not be the most powerful Sith but he is powerful enough to go head to head with Gambit. He also has some pretty nasty skills with that lightsaber, which will be in my opinion the deciding factor in this battle.

Great job and keep up the awesome work.

That was epic! A from me and I will give this one to Maul! He has his lightsaber and the force. He may not be the most powerful Sith but he is powerful enough to go head to head with Gambit. He also has some pretty nasty skills with that lightsaber, which will be in my opinion the deciding factor in this battle.

Great job and keep up the awesome work.

Thanks. I have had the ideas for this one for awhile but during the holidays it kept me from typing it out until now.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Nice match up and good write up of the last battle!

A couple of writerly tips.

1) You tend to jump around in POV a lot. That's not an error, but if you choose one POV and stick with it you'll find it makes a difference. Toy Story was very disciplined about keeping everything in the POV of the toys. Compare the storytelling there with Small Soldiers which jumped around between many characters and you'll see what I mean. If you want to switch to a different POV, I recommend only doing it at a scene break.

2) Watch the verb tenses. You mix past and present in the same paragraph or sentence sometimes.

3) Watch your spelling. Mostly it's fine but Ock's name is spelled Octavius :)

4) Watch out for unclear antecedents. When you say "he" it has to be clear who "he" is.

Kraven had almost fully recovered now and lunged from on top of a car. With a quick spin and flip of his wrist, he decapitated him on the spot.

Who decapitated whom? We can tell from context because only Maul is alive in the next sentence. Grammatically though, it sounds like Kraven is doing the dacapitating.

Small points, but you've mentioned before that you're working on your writing. As painful as they are, the nit-picky grammar critiques help more than anything.

Nice match up and good write up of the last battle!

A couple of writerly tips.

1) You tend to jump around in POV a lot. That's not an error, but if you choose one POV and stick with it you'll find it makes a difference. Toy Story was very disciplined about keeping everything in the POV of the toys. Compare the storytelling there with Small Soldiers which jumped around between many characters and you'll see what I mean. If you want to switch to a different POV, I recommend only doing it at a scene break.

2) Watch the verb tenses. You mix past and present in the same paragraph or sentence sometimes.

3) Watch your spelling. Mostly it's fine but Ock's name is spelled Octavius

4) Watch out for unclear antecedents. When you say "he" it has to be clear who "he" is.

Who decapitated whom? We can tell from context because only Maul is alive in the next sentence. Grammatically though, it sounds like Kraven is doing the dacapitating.

Small points, but you've mentioned before that you're working on your writing. As painful as they are, the nit-picky grammar critiques help more than anything.

thanks. I dont mind that tips. I appreciate them. I generally keep with one persons point of view but with Maul I was trying something different since he doesnt talk a lot to begin with.

side note: I fix Otto's name

Guest bigballerju

Good setup and Maul wins. Eventually Darth Maul will prevail with his force powers and excellent lightsaber skills.

Glad to see someone staying with a story. It's been enjoyable.

I'll vote for Darth Maul. Even though Gambit's power keeps his staff from being sliced in one stroke he's still not skilled enough in a straight fight to overtake this dude. And even if he can, Darth Maul has The Force.

Guest bigballerju

Gambit's not skilled enough in H2H to take Maul with his staff either. Maul no matter what version would end up winning. Movie Maul has his force powers too that he could use as well.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

It's a good match and i think Gambit is going to give Maul some rough moments. In the end, though, Maul will win.

Nice continuation of the arc.

Good set-up and nice recap with Slade, Maul, and the Six. I barely know a thing about Maul, though, since the last Star Wars anything I've seen is Return of the Jedi. That's why I haven't commented on the past couple of matches here.

Really Mauls only weakness is overconfidence sometimes

Guest The Lord Dragon Reborn

Stomp! Maul can block anything Gambit would throw at him. True, Maul is over confident at times but, in this case it is justified.

Since many agree that Maul wins here, does anyone have suggestions on an opponent or objective that would be challenging for him?

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Maybe he's trying to free someone who could be a powerful ally for Sidious (Doomsday), or stealing an item of great power (the Cosmic Cube) or something like that. To get there, he has to break into Avenger's Mansion, or the 4 Freedom Plaza or Project CADMUS, or Hydrabase, etc and run the gauntlet of security.

Maybe he's trying to free someone who could be a powerful ally for Sidious (Doomsday), or stealing an item of great power (the Cosmic Cube) or something like that. To get there, he has to break into Avenger's Mansion, or the 4 Freedom Plaza or Project CADMUS, or Hydrabase, etc and run the gauntlet of security.

ill look into those, though im trying to stick to marvel for all except the assassins. Also Maul's master isnt Sidious. He is mystery at the moment but two other assassins await in the shadows

Guest bigballerju

I could see Sidious want to go after the cosmic cube myself. That's a good idea. Or maybe Sidious is using Maul to try and build a army of supervilliains to battle the Jedi. Something like that.

I could see Sidious want to go after the cosmic cube myself. That's a good idea. Or maybe Sidious is using Maul to try and build a army of supervilliains to battle the Jedi. Something like that.

Sidious isnt his master here

Guest majorkissfan13

This was such a good fight i enjoyed reading it, i think Gambit has a few more tricks up his sleeve than people think, after a long battle though i think maul would probably win. check out my fight judge dredd vs jason x and let me know what ya think