Rocksteady: 2

Match 19095 Inosuke Hashibira vs. Grog Strongjaw

Pizzaguy2995

Inosuke Hashibira vs Grog Strongjaw 

Tanjiro vs Vax

Clang!

Swish!

Schwing!

The demon was much faster than any Tanjiro had faced before, not to mention a more cunning fighter. He had been controlling the pace of the fight since the beginning, employing hit and run techniques and using his seemingly endless supply of throwing daggers to keep Tanjiro off balance and at a distance, picking and choosing just the right moments to get in close to land some devastating hits!

One such time was after the red haired Demon Slayer had deflected yet another dagger when from his left the roguish demon had appeared faster then Tanjiro could react, thrusting his dagger downward into the younger man’s shoulder with a sickeningly wet squishy sound! Tanjiro gritted his teeth to keep from crying out in pain and quickly grabbed hold of the arm currently stabbing him in the shoulder, keeping him in place whilst his other other hand swung his katana towards his opponent! But the demon with the long ears blocked his sword with his other handheld dagger and once more moved faster then Tanjiro to deliver a powerful kick to the chest that knocked the wind out of Tanjiro and sent him tumbling a short distance away!

By the time he stopped rolling Tanjiro’s body was on the verge of giving out; he was exhausted, bruised all over, and had numerous cuts and lacerations all across his upper body on top of his freshly bleeding shoulder. But even as his body begged him to stay down, the young man’s fighting spirit urged him to stand! And with a strained groan Tanjiro managed to push himself to a crouch position just as his opponent stopped just 3-4 feet from him.

“Last chance, hand over your sword and I’ll let you leave here with your life,” the dagger wielding stranger warned him.

Hesitating only for a second to ponder why a demon working for Muzan would bother making an offer to spare him rather then press the attack, Tanjiro sucked in a deep breath and willed his beaten body to stand up straight and give his enemy the fiercest stare.

“And what good is my life if I can’t protect the people who are precious to me? What good is the life of a coward who’d willfully disgrace the sacrifices of those who came before me? Men and women whose lives held much greater value then mine and yet all of them put their lives on the line without hesitation to protect those weaker then them! Apologies, but I require this blade to honor and protect all my comrades alive and dead! NOW STOP UNDERESTIMATING ME DAMMIT! I’M YOUR OPPONENT AREN’T I? IF YOU WANNA WIN THIS FIGHT THEN COME AT ME WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT!”

The long haired stranger cocked his head at the Demon Slayer’s declaration, clearly bewildered. But that pause gave Tanjiro some time to think how he’s gonna beat him: the rogue’s speed and throwing daggers were very problematic, but during the few points in their battle where the fight moved to close quarters Tanjiro noted that his swordsmanship and endurance were superior to his opponent, if he could find a way to stun the long eared demon, get him off balance and take control of the fight’s tempo Tanjiro was certain he could win this. He only needed to find an opening.

“Well your an intense little shite aren’t you? For what it’s worth, I’m sorry it had to end this way,” the demon appeared almost sad saying that.

He once again launched a dagger at Tanjiro, the knife making a hissing sound as the demon slayer dodged to the side at the last moment. But Tanjiro already knew the attack was a feat even as his nose picked up his opponent’s scent coming from above, his main dagger thrusting down at the former coal burner. But Tanjiro swung wide, his katana knocking the dagger away even as gravity kept the long haired stranger coming towards Tanjiro, who pushed off the ground with his right foot, launching himself at his foe head first! Sure enough the red head’s forehead meet that of the long ears with a loud crack!

The rogue demon groaned in pain, grabbing his throbbing forehead instinctively. That was the opening Tanjiro needed! With a determined shout he pressed his advantage, swinging his blade at his opponent again and again, not letting up on his attacks, forcing his opponent on the defense! Said foe was doing an admirable job at defending and parrying the attacks with his dagger, but he was still reeling from that painful headbutt, his footwork was sloppy and uncoordinated as he was forced back from Tanjiro’s frenzied attacks! 

I can do this! Keep going! Don’t let off even for a moment! For your comrades, friends, and Nezuko! Keep fighting!

Sucking in a deep breath, Tanjiro’s attacks became faster and harder, keeping pressure on the long haired stranger that kept getting pushed back. His katana started glowing a fiery red that lit up the area and created what appeared to be a fire dragon complete a screeching roar!

“What the fuck kind of magic is that?” Vax shouted in frustration.

Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance!

Shouting in fury Tanjiro unleashed a series of slashes that burst into flames! Finally breaking through his enemies defense and delivering a devastating slash that cut across the long eared demons chest, spilling blood into the air and sending his opponent hurling away into a tree across the field with a large crash!

Taking a moment to catch his breath and letting his aching body rest, Tanjiro wiped the sweat from his forehead and approached where his enemy had fallen, the crash had left a big crater at the base of the tree where his long, dark haired foe lay there not moving, unconscious but apparently still alive.

Gotta decapitate him now. It’s the only way to truly kill a demon after all. Wait a second, his wounds! Why aren’t they healing? Tanjiro’s eyes widened as he saw the horrifying wound across his chest continue to ooze out blood, pooling to the grass below with no signs of stopping. What’s going on here? Even while unconscious his body should still be healing itself unless… Oh no what have I done?!

Tearing off chunks of his black and sea green haori to use as makeshift bandage wraps, he covered the man’s wounds as much as he could, the only silver lining being that his slash missed any vital organs, but given how much blood he’s currently losing Tanjiro feared it might be too late to save him.

A loud explosion thundered from the forest behind the demon slayer, and he felt his heart sink into stomach as he remembered his sister was wrapped in her own fight.

“NEZUKO STOP!” Tanjiro shouted desperately.

Nezuko vs Vex

She tried to kill Onii-san! She tried to take away the only family I have left! I’ll kill her and every other demon like her! 

Nezuko let out a piercing growl that could be heard even from behind her muzzle as she kept chasing after archer woman! Her foe had kept firing arrow after arrow at the pursuing demon girl, some Nezuko managed to dodge but most were finding their mark, not that it was doing much harm if any to Nezuko, who would periodically tear out the annoying bolts as she kept trying to reach her enemy!

I’ll kill her! I’ll tear off her head with my own claws once I get my hands on her!

But just as Nezuko started to close the distance between them the archer began to realize that normal arrows weren’t doing anything to the girl and decided to switch things up with some magic arrows, one of which unleashed a giant vine that ensnared Nezuko’s right arm! As the young demon tried to claw herself free a few more of these “ensnare arrows” were fired until she was well and truly restrained. As Nezuko struggled to break free her slitted eyes glared hatefully at the archer in the trees as she lined up her shot, this arrow having what appeared to be a glass bottle attacked to it’s tip.

I’m sorry Nezuko thought she saw the archer mouth before she fired her bolt. 

Boom!

Nezuko shrieked in pain from the explosion, her body being enveloped in the flames and she could her limbs being blown clean off and landing a short distance away. The agonizing pain of losing her limbs and the licking of flames against her pale skin almost caused her to blackout, but her resolve to protect her brother kept her mind focused and once her healing factor kicked in and literally pulled herself back together, she noticed the explosion had freed her from the ensnaring vines.

Nezuko leaped from the flaming inferno with a savage roar, shocking the lady archer who moved just too slow to avoid Nezuko’s outstretched claws that managed to draw blood from her opponent’s lower arm. Not yet satisfied Nezuko attacked again and again, not about to let her enemy get away once more!

The archer did her best fend off the attacks using her bow as a makeshift shield. She attempted to back up and get some distance but found herself running out of tree branch to move on and in desperation swung her bow at the demon girl’s head. But a fighting mad Nezuko smashed the bow to pieces with a swing of her fist before driving her other fist deep into the archer’s stomach, causing her foe to let out a strangled gasp from the force before Nezuko followed it up with a savage undercut to the chin that knocked the archer off the branch and into the air.

With a howl Nezuko launched herself after her ragged doll opponent, grabbing her by the throat and propelling the two downward with Nezuko on top. 

Crash!

For a second Nezuko thought she heard her brother calling out to her, but her focus was solely on her enemy. The sounds of terror and pain as she felt Nezuko sink her clawed hand into her stomach slowly, how her nearly petrified with fear eyes stared unmoving into the pink, slitted eyes that watched her coldly and then widen in even more horror as she watched Nezuko raise her other hand high above her head, about to finish her off.

“NEZUKO THEY’RE NOT DEMONS!”

Nezuko’s hand stopped inches from the archer’s face, having just heard Tanjiro’s words. Not a demon? But she tried to hurt her brother? This woman had to be an enemy, no human would ever try to hurt her brother right? But then why would her Onii-san lie to her?

“NEZUKO LOOK AT THEIR WOUNDS! IF THEY WERE DEMONS WHY AREN’T THEIR INJURIES HEALING?”

It’s true, demons are notorious for their healing factors and this woman, Vex she thinks her name was, was not…

Nezuko pulled her hand out of Vex’s stomach and backed away, watching with growing horror as the other woman brought a hand over her wound and cried out in pain, her voice cracking in clear suffering.

No. Tears began forming in Nezuko’s eyes as she realized what she had done. No, no, no, no, no! She wasn’t ever supposed to harm a human! Never! She was meant to protect them! And yet this innocent human is now suffering because of her! Her blood is- oh no her blood!

Glancing down at her hand, now drenched in mortal blood, an aching in the pit of her stomach was acting up again. An aching that has been inside of her for two long years, a hunger that no normal food could ever fill, that only the flesh and/or blood of a human could ever satisfy. That same aching hunger flared up inside her at the sight of fresh mortal blood literally within her grasp.

No! I won’t do it! Nezuko screamed inside her head as she desperately wiped away the blood on the grassy floor. I’m not like them! Not like them! Never like them!

“Please… I need my bag.” 

Nezuko tear stained eyes looked back at the mortally injured Vex, seeing her try in vain to reach for her bag that had been knocked away in their battle. 

“Healing potions… in my bag… please,” Vex begged her again.

Nezuko quickly rushed towards the bag, searching it until she found a small glass of containing a strange green liquid. She quickly took it back to Vex, watching her drink half the contents and then watching in wonder as Vex’ahlia’s wounds suddenly glowed deep green and healed themselves before Nezuko’s eyes. 

“Nezuko! What happened? Are you both alright?” Tanjiro had finally reached them, carrying with him the man he had been fighting, who was looking very bad at the moment.

“Have my brother drink the rest. Hurry!” Vex urgently coaxed Tanjiro.

Puzzled, Tanjiro quickly took the flask from Vex and gently poured the rest of it’s green fluids into the injured man’s mouth, and much to Tanjiro’s relief his life threatening wounds began to heal all on their own, as though like magic!

“I beg your forgiveness! I made a horrible mistake and it nearly costed you and your brother your lives. I am so sorry!” Tanjiro and Nezuko both bowed their heads low towards Vex and the still unconscious Vax, showing how deeply remorseful they were.

“Well my brother and I did try to kill you two first, so I guess I can’t be too mad at how things played out,” Vex sighed, just happy that her brother and her still lived. “I suppose I owe you both a bit of an explanation.”

“Everybody gather your things! We gotta head off our friends old and new before they kill each other!” Percy announced as he loaded his “Bad News” rifle.

“WHAT? Wait a minute just how strong are your friends exactly? Are they like super extra strong? So strong that they could crush my poor Nezuko like a bug? OH GODS NO! WE GOTTA GO SAVE HER RIGHT NOW!” A panicked Zenitsu begged Vox Machina to hurry up.

“Don’t worry Zenitsu, we’re gonna leave soon I promise!” Keyleth assured him as she finished packing some extra health potions. “Scanlan come on! You’re coming as well!”

“The fuck I am! I’m making a killing on this stage!” Scanlan emphasized this by holding out his newly acquired hat for pub patrons to place their tips in.

“Scanlan! Vex and Vax could be in big trouble!” Keyleth reprimanded the gnome bard.

“Oh for fucking shit’s sake! Alright I’m coming already!” Scanlan finally relented, stuffing his pockets with the last of his loot before following the rest of his friends.

“Grog! Are you and Pike coming or-“ Percy began to ask before he got a good look at the state of his two remaining allies.

“‘Belches!’ Well the three of you poindexters look like you’re up to no good, so I got half a mind to tell you lot to fook off!” A clearly sloshed Grog replied.

“Yeah fuck off and let us get wasted in piece!” Pike exclaimed, needing to grab hold of the table to keep herself from tumbling to the floor.

“Ahahahahaha! The king of the mountain is now king of the hanging light thing! Praise me my lowly minions!” Inosuke exclaimed as he swung back and forth from the precariously low hanging chandelier.

“Oh fine! Stay here if you must! But so help me this bar better be in the same condition it was when I left it!” Percy warned them before he left with the remaining members of Vox Machina plus Zenitsu.

No sooner had they closed the door the chandelier Inosuke was swinging on fell and broke onto a table with an audible crash.

“Ahahahahaha! Well I hope the two of you weren’t attached to Vick and Vack or something. Cause Tanjiro might be an annoying idiot, but he’s also one of Lord Inosuke’s strongest minions,” Inosuke bragged to Pike and Grog.

“Hey kiddo, I wouldn’t count out Vex or Vax so easily. Their pretty tough also,” Pike insisted as she downed the last of her beer.

“Nah they’re dead as shit by now! No way does Tanjiro and his sister lose to a bunch of drunk old geezers!” Inosuke arrogantly said.

“Who you calling a bunch of drunk old geezers? Listen here you little shite, Vox Machina is the most badass group of asskickers this world has ever known! So you best start showing us some damn respect!” Grog scolded the boar headed boy.

“Oh yeah you big bearded bastard? Well let’s see ya prove it then!” Inosuke cackled as he drew his blades. “Let’s go! Right here and now! Show me the strength of Pox Majesta!”

“You’re a real glutton for punishment aren’t ya pig boy?” Grog grinned widely as he drew his Bloodaxe.

“D-don’t fuck him up too bad Grog. H-he’s just a little kid after all,” Pike told her bestie before promptly collapsing as the beer finally caught up to her.

“Don’t worry Pikey, I’m only gonna fook him up a little bit,” Grog assured her before turning to Inosuke. 

“Ahahahahaha! Show me what you got Slog Trongjaw! Cause Lord Inosuke’s comin’ through!”

“I would like to rage!”

Now it’s time for a match between the two hot blooded big bois of Demon Slayer and Vox Machina respectively. Inosuke’s got his twin katanas, Grog’s got his giant axe, and both sides are a little bit tipsy. Who wins this epic bar brawl?

Very well done recap, Pizzaguy. Poor Vex and Vax. As for the new fight, I was originally thinking Inosuke because of his penchant for battling low to the ground causing problems for Grog, especially a tipsy Grog. Eventually though I changed my mind. I see it going down similar to the first video fight where once Grog gets a good shot in, he puts Inosuke down.

Good set-up and very nice recaps, Pizzaguy. :) I had a feeling that the misunderstanding would be resolved, but it was a damn close call. 

As for the match, after watching the vids, I have a feeling that Grog might eventually overwhelm Inosuke, but not before the kid gets some cuts of his own in. Still, like the previous fights, the fight may break before fatal injuries occur. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - Yukimuraster90
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - JohnnyChany
4.70 - DSkillz
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
24.70 Total Combined Score
24.70 / 5 = 4.94 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE