Skar King: 1

Rumble 20547 UNSC Pillar Of Autumn vs. Re Verse vs. Lotta Litter
MATCH SCORE
UNSC Pillar Of Autumn: 1
Re Verse: 3
Lotta Litter: 0

Tournament - Spider-Man vs. Nightwing

Bergy_Berg

“Parker, you’re late!” Peter had barely made it through the door of Pizza Time and his boss was already yelling at him. 

“Sorry Mr. Vizzini, traffic out there is crazy. I could barely maneuver through it all even on my scooter.” 

“No excuses kid, I need someone who’s reliable, not just reliably late. The first order of the day just came up, I need it delivered pronto. Here’s the address.” Vizzini passed over a stack of pies, along with a scribbled note. 

“Oh wow, this is on the other side of Queens! Did you tell them it won’t be the usual 30-minute delivery?” 

“Damn it Parker, the sign doesn’t say ‘30 minutes unless our delivery boy is worried about traffic.’ It says ‘30 Minutes anywhere in Queens, or it’s free.’ Stop bitching and get that delivery out, or it’s coming out of your pay!”. 

Peter took the stack of pies out the door and loaded them on the back of his scooter. He started down the street, when his old set of wheels finally died.  

“Shoot.” He looked up at the towering buildings around him. Well, he thought, guess there’s only one way to do this. 

At the same time, a suped up motorcycle went roaring down the road, weaving through traffic. 

A few minutes earlier, just across the street... 

“Grayson, good to see you. There’s my best employee.” 

“Hey there Enzo. Streets are crazy today.” Dick Grayson had just moved to New York, having recently left Batman and his stockpile of wealth behind. Starting off in a new city, he picked up an easy job at a pizza place to help himself get started. It was certainly below the skill level of the former Robin, but he needed to get himself established. At least be able to pay for a cruddy studio apartment as he got back on his feet. And for somewhere to safely store a few necessities... 

“I got a delivery for you, gotta get it across town. I know it’s stressful, but my number one guy can handle it.” 

Dick picked up the stack of pizzas. “No problem sir. I’ll get it out there in no time.” He rushed out the door, securing the pizzas to his motorcycle. He revved it up, and throttled down the busy street. 

Spider-Man and  Nightwing are delivering pizzas to the same address. Nightwing has his motorcycle and a slight head start, while Spider-Man will be webslinging. Who makes it first? 

This honestly made me laugh. I was not expecting a pizza delivery match. You should have thrown in the Pizza Planet Delivery Guy to make it a triple threat!

I gave this a 4 star. It may have been short but it was unique match-up I wasn't expecting and overall I was entertained. No errors that I noticed either so cudos, man!

On to the race... How could Peter lose? He can swing faster than a motorcycle and is going to be really serious about getting these pizzas delivered on time because his job is on the line.

• Like 1

Ha, I'm loving the stipulation on this match!

That being said, having been to Queens, it's always a hassle driving! Nightwing can't even split Lanes as that's illegal in New York State.

Peter gets the win since he can swing above the traffic, cut diagonally across intersecting roads and so on, so I'll give it to him!

tenor.gif?itemid=16271126

• Like 1

An entertaining match.  The stakes are small, but real and the match venue is interesting.  The writing of the situation is true for these characters and leaves the reader imagining what happens and wanting to know more. 

Looking forward to the next match.

Good To Go Let'S Go GIF by Young Justice

• Like 1

Heh, yeah, this is the type of match the old vets used to look out for: a scenario where the opponents aren't fighting. Good job, Berg. 😁  I'll give it four stars. The main reason it may not get five stars, though, would probably be that it could've been a little longer.

As for the match, I think Spidey gets to the location first, since he's using his webbing and agility and also won't have to deal with the New York traffic like Nightwing will. Also helps that Peter knows a lot more about the Big Apple than Dick as well.

• Like 1

I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying this match. There's more mediocrity to come.

14 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, yeah, this is the type of match the old vets used to look out for: a scenario where the opponents aren't fighting.

I think you'll appreciate my next couple matches then, hahah.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
2 + 6 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 8 Total Votes
( (2 * 5) + (6 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 34 Total Stars Score
34 / 8 = 4.25 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Spider-Man: 10