MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 13850 Vega vs. Miguel Caballero Rojo

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XII

SSF2HD%20Cammy%20White.png

Cammy and Billy Kane crashed into walls and all sorts of medical equipment as their fight continued throughout the hospital. Finally, after a particularly vicious Cannon Spike, Billy was unable to return to his feet. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE)

"Beaten by a girl. How humiliating," he lamented.

"I'll happily add some broken ribs to your humiliation if you don't tell me where that woman took Juni," Cammy threatened.

Billy Kane slowly propped himself against the wall.

"Who is she?" asked Cammy.

"Her name is Christie. I didn't catch a last name, but she is British. Just like you and me," said Billy.

"Where is she taking Juni?" Cammy questioned.

"I remember something about giving her to scientists for research or experimentation. I try not to ask too many questions on the job. Employers usually prefer it that way," Billy responded.

"Experimentation? That poor girl has already been through so much." Cammy narrowed her eyes.

"What hotel did Christie want you to return to?"

"You know I can't tell you that. Show some professional courtesy, I'm trying to make some money for my sister and me," said Billy.

Cammy snapped. "Forget your professional courtesy, we are talking about the life of an innocent girl! Would you like it if they were making your sister a science experiment?"

Billy thought it over and rolled his eyes. "Alright, I can give you the address, but I don't think you will find her. She is a professional. The fact that I'm not back yet probably means she and the girl are already gone."

"It's worth a try. I need to make a call."

Cammy pulled out her cell phone and Billy noticed her Delta Red badge.

"Delta Red huh? Lily has been talking about wanting to join that someday. But, if they all have to dress like you there is no way I'm letting her join."

Cammy ignored him and spoke as soon as Chun Li picked up her phone. "Chun Li, I won't be able to make it. Someone has kidnapped Juni."

"That's horrible," replied Chun Li. "Do you have any leads?"

"A woman with short silver hair named Christie. I'm thinking she might work for Shadoloo. Maybe Bison wants Juni back under his control. Does the name ring a bell for you?"

"Sorry, I can't say that it does. I can give you some Interpol contact information if you'd like," Chun Li offered.

"Thank you, that would be great."

"No problem. Keep me posted. I think our investigations just might intersect at some point."

"Definitely, if Bison is behind this," said Cammy.

"Good luck."

"You too."

Chun Li hung up her phone just in time to greet Helena Douglas.

"Good news Officer Lee, Kokoro informs me that she and Zack have tracked down Hitomi and soon will be picking up Jann Lee as well. She says they will also pick up another strong fighter with Hitomi. Things are moving quickly, this is good news. How goes the recruitment on your end?" asked Helena.

(REF: MAKOTO VS. YURI SAKAZAKI)

Chun Li shook her head. "Not as good. Cammy has run into a bad situation and I'm still waiting to hear back from Yun and Yang. But, they should be on their way by now. I need to call Major Guile."

"By all means. I'll be in the other room brainstorming with Paul, Marhsall, Lily, and Asuka. Remember our flight leaves in a few hours," Helena informed.

Chun Li nodded. She quickly rang up her American friend and occasional partner.

"This is Guile."

"Guile. It is Chun Li. I need your help in tracking down Bison."

"If it's Bison you're after, you know I will help in anyway I can. Where do you stand right now?" asked Guile.

"We know he is after an ancient item possessing great power called Soul Edge. We haven't been able to figure out Soul Edge's location yet, but I think we are getting close," Chun Li informed. "We have also captured the Shadoloo lieutenant, Balrog." (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. SAKURA KASUGANO)

"Balrog? That's great. Where would you like to meet?"

"I am currently in Las Vegas with the head of DOATEC, Helena Douglas. We are gathering up strong fighters because Bison isn't alone in his pursuit of Soul Edge. We will all be meeting up on Helena's boat, the Freedom Survivor in a couple of days."

"I will be there," said Guile.

"Guile, this is probably a long shot, but is there anyway you would be able to track down Ryu?" Chun Li asked.

"I don't know. I think we'll have an easier time tracking down Bison. Ryu is in the wind when there isn't a World Warrior tournament being held," said Guile.

"Yeah, I was thinking that as well."

Guile was silent for a moment. "On the other hand, his best friend is married to my wife's younger sister..."

"Great idea. If anyone can find him, it's Ken," Chun Li remarked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3159/2316673275_faa5480010.jpg

Vega walked around the country side of Spain looking at the picture of his target with disgust. His name was Miguel Caballero Rojo and he was a gruff looking man. Vega decided that even if Miguel did have useful information on the whereabouts of Soul Edge, Vega was going to do the world a favor and remove this shaggy man from it.

Vega did not particularly care for these man hunts that Bison had put him on, but at least this one was close to home. Vega was concerned that he might have to do more than his fair share of chasing down fighters since they lost contact with Balrog in Vegas. The dim witted brute had probably got himself in a jam. (REF: PAUL PHOENIX VS. BALROG)

Vega never liked Balrog and told Bison every chance that he could that Balrog was too dumb to be trusted with any responsibility and employing him put them all at risk. Given Balrog's disappearance, Vega would like to tell Bison "I told you so." But, Vega knew that it only meant more work for him.

According to Shadoloo's information on him, Miguel had been building up a small resistance faction to take on the mighty Mishima Zaibatsu. Surely, if he was planning on taking on a dominant world power, an item as allegedly powerful as Soul Edge would come in real handy. Vega had talked himself into believing that Miguel Caballero Rojo was the King of the Iron Fist participant that they had been searching for.

Vega arrived at Miguel's faction's last known location, it was in tatters. The corpses of dead men were spread out all through the facility. Vega inspected all of them. None of them looked like Miguel Caballero Rojo.

"Looks like someone beat me here," Vega remarked. "Perhaps Jin Kazama's Tekken Force taking out a nuissance before it has the chance to become a threat."

Vega continued to walk through the facility with no sign of Miguel.

Vega sighed. "I hate to have come all this way for nothing."

Miguel jumped down from a stack of crates behind him.

"I thought I had taken down all the Tekken Force scum."

Vega laughed. "I am not part of that amateur army, you fool."

"Then why are you here?" Miguel demanded.

Vega carefully placed on his claw. "To find out what you know about Soul Edge?"

"Soul Edge? What the hell is that?"

Vega could not hide his disappointment. "Another dead end. At least spilling your blood will prevent this trip from being a total waste."

Guest Magickal

This will be a brutal and bloody fight. I see Vega causing problems with his speed but Miguel is crafty and will lure Vega into making a mistake and he will catch him with one good shot that will turn the tide. Going with Miguel in an upset.

Guest bigballerju

Good fight and I am giving this to Vega. Vega has prep on his target so with his super-human speed (That rivals Chun Li) and excellent fighting skills he wins.

Good fight and I am giving this to Vega. Vega has prep on his target so with his super-human speed (That rivals Chun Li) and excellent fighting skills he wins.

I didn't know Vega had super-human speed I just thought he was really fast.  Vega wins, Miguel is pretty much a brawler with headbutts and whatnot and Vega has been through that plenty of times.  I think Vega can win after a fair good fight.

Another good set-up, JohnnyChany, and nice continuation of the arc. 

See, this makes me wish I had played more Tekken growing up. I'm still finding myself research these Tekken characters. I know Vega is easily one of the quickest Street Fighter characters (up until fairly recently, he was the quickest), and he has that claw that can do some nice damage. but his defense isn't that great. This Miguel character, however, looks like a pretty tough dude. He also appears to be a very strong, sneaky brawler type. Vega may outquick Miguel, but I don't think he'd be ready for Miguel's underhanded tactics. 

Guest Hastur

Vega's an assassin, a street fighter, and a preeminent member of the world's most powerful criminal organization.   Whether Miguel wins or not, I can't imagine that victory will be determined by Vega's lack of experience with dirty fighting.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

bigballerju gives it a grade of: B

Dark Spider-man gives it a grade of: A

DSkillz gives it a grade of: A Another good story and matchup.

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

patrickthekid gives it a grade of: A

SCORE

Vega: 13

Miguel Caballero Rojo: 6

FPA: 3.8