MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Match 14379 Raphael Sorel vs. Robert Garcia

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXX

tumblr_mjzur3pf0i1qdmrhmo1_r1_500.png

Several days earlier, Tira and Raphael Sorel stood in the moonlight on an abandoned road outside of Southtown ready to put in motion the next part of their plan to ensure the return of the the almighty Soul Edge.

"Are you ready?" Tira cheerily asked.

Raphael regarded his unlikely ally. "I'm still trying to get used to the fact that we are working together."

"Keep your eyes on the prize. Once we revive Soul Edge to its former glory we can fight over it and chop each other to pieces," Tira stated with joy.

"I know. The thought of holding it in my hands is the only thing that is stopping me from piercing your throat so that my ears no longer have to endure your annoying voice," Raphael replied.

A sinister grin appeared on Tira's face.

"The two brothers that are approaching, we are using them for muscle, right?" asked Raphael.

"That's right. I've already got my eye on a couple of other lucky guys to be the new host of Soul Edge (REF: VANESSA (KING OF FIGHTERS) VS. CRIMSON VIPER) including the one we are going to see in Metro City. But, we will need some backup for our journey. I was told these two are some of the best around," explained Tira.

"Your scheme better work or I'll doubt they will want to assist us," Raphael stated.

"It will work. You just make sure your servants or up to the task. If they mess this up I will personally bleed each one of them to death!" Tira exclaimed.

Raphael looked over at his servants who were dressed as a motorcycle gang. "They will do fine. If it is one thing that they can do well, it is take a beating."

Tira squinted her eyes as she stared into the distance. "They are almost here. Make yourself scarce."

"I will see you in Metro City," said Raphael.

The vampiric nobleman vanished into the darkness.

Tira approached one of Raphael's servants. "Hit me!"

"Excuse me, Madam?"

"I said hit me! Smash in my face and make it hurt. I want to put on a show," said Tira. "And if you don't stop talking like a nobleman's servant and start talking like a thug I'm going to turn both of your legs to bloody stumps!"

"Understood."

The servants started to strike Tira as Terry and Andy Bogard approached them.

"Help ,me! Help me!" Tira pleaded.

Terry and Andy quickly sprang into action and took down all of Raphael's servants in quick succession. The servants gathered themselves and scampered away.

"Are you okay miss?" asked Terry.

"I am thanks to you two," Tira replied.

"What was that about?" Andy inquired.

"They said they wanted to take me to some evil man, some collector, named Raphael," said Tira.

"Collector?" repeated Terry.

"Yeah. Apparently he likes to collect female fighters as trophies."

"That's sick," Andy remarked.

"I know."

Terry picked up Tira's ring blade. "Is this yours?"

"Yes it is. They knocked it out of my hands before I could use it," said Tira.

Terry inspected the weapon. "I've never seen anything like it. It's kind of cool. So you say you're a fighter?"

"Terry! Look at this!" Andy interrupted. "I found it on the ground. One of those thugs must have dropped it." Andy handed a picture of Mai Shiranui to his brother.

"Mai? Oh no. You think they are after her too?" Terry wondered.

Concern spread across Andy's face. "I can't think of any other reason they would have her picture. We have to warn her... if they haven't gotten to her already. It has been awhile since I've heard from her. I didn't think anything of it. I..."

Terry grabbed his brother's shoulders. "Andy, whatever is going on, we will take care of it. Mai will be fine. I promise you."

Tira spoke up. "I know where they are going. I heard them talking about it before they attacked me. They said another one of their targets is in Metro City."

"Metro City? They would certainly blend in that crime invested hole," stated Terry.

"If that is where they are headed then that is where we are going," Andy proclaimed. "I'll call King and tell her to let us know if she hears from Mai." (REF: LEO KLIESEN VS. KING (ART OF FIGHTING))

"Don't tell her what's going on, there is no need to worry her and everyone else if we don't need to," said Terry.

"Right."

Terry glanced over at Tira. "You coming with us?"

Tira could barely contain her glee. "You bet I am!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.targetclaw.com/terry and andy_resize.jpg

Currently, Tira and Raphael stood silently outside the Metro City Prison and watched through a small window as Rose, Guy, Robert Garcia, and Maki Genryusai discussed the whereabouts of Cody Travers. (REF: CODY TRAVERS VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) The foursome started to leave but suddenly stopped.

"I feel something dark nearby," said Rose.

Rose, Guy, Robert, and Guy all looked around but saw nothing.

Rose shook her head. "I think this whole ordeal is starting to wear on my mind. Let us continue."

Tira and Raphael waited for them to leave the area before they spoke.

"This is just splendid. We came all this way so that we could manipulate that ruffian Cody into being the new avatar for Soul Edge and he's not even here," Raphael complained.

Tira's bipolar personality was now squarely on her bitter, spiteful side. "It's much worse than that. You saw who the girl brought with her didn't you? It was that wind walking goodie good, Talim."

"I don't see how that is a bad thing. She was unconscious. One less obstacle in our way," Raphael surmized.

"Don't be so dense. It is obvious they are capturing all the warriors from our time. What a horrible turn of events this is. We need them around when we get Soul Edge so it can reach its full potential."

"It appears they have left Talim in that blonde girl's charge. Shall we pursue her?" Raphael suggested.

Tira shook her head. "No. That gypsy woman is our target. She is clearly in charge. We need to get to her before she gets away to find out how many of Siegfried's friends she has already met and defeated and then we will torture her for their location. Let's go!"

"Hold on a minute. What was the point of acquiring muscle if we do not use it?" said Raphael. "No need for us to get involved just yet. I say we send the brothers after her and see how it plays out first."

Tira's posture changed drastically as she snapped back into her cheerful personality. Even her voice changed. "That is a great idea, Raphael!"

Tira departed from Raphael and went to the hideout on the edge of town where she had set up with the Bogard brothers.

Raphael shook his head. "I will never understand that."

Terry greeted Tira as she entered the door. "How did it go? Did you find who you were looking for to help us?"

"Unfortunately, no," said Tira.

"There is still no sign of that gang from the other night, are you sure they were headed here?" Andy questioned.

"Yes. In fact there is an evil gypsy witch here leading them for Raphael. I managed to avoid her when I went searching for Cody but it looks like she has some powerful fighters under her spell. They even captured another female fighter by the name of Talim. I wanted to stop them but I didn't think I was strong enough," Tira explained.

"Don't worry about it. We won't let her get away with this," Terry announced. He turned to Andy. "Let's move!"

The Bogard brothers went out in the streets in search for Rose. Not far away, Rose was walking with Robert Garcia and Guy toward Robert's private jet. As they got closer to the jet, Rose stopped and grabbed Guy's arm.

"I feel it again, that dark energy. Sort of like the one I felt inside Viola (REF: ROSE VS. VIOLA), but much worse. And there is more than one heading this way," she said.

"Another wave so soon? After one just fought Maki?" Robert remarked. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. TALIM)

"It is clear that they are after Rose," stated Guy. "They followed her here to this city. I will meet them head on and stop their pursuit." Guy started to walk in the opposite direction. "She is the target, we need to get her out of here. Stay with her and protect her, Robert. The two of you will need to take off as soon as possible."

"Guy!" Rose called out.

"It is better that I stay to make sure that they don't reach you. This is my city I have the advantage." Guy looked back at Rose. "I will catch back up with the two of you as soon as I can."

"You heard the man, we need to move," said Robert.

Rose wore a troubled expression on her face as she and Robert reached his jet. "We shouldn't have let Guy go back by himself. This is not the same as before. This feeling is different, these people are different. I can't quite make out their faces in my mind, but....."

"But what?" asked Robert.

"..It appears I won't have to," Rose said solemnly as she stared at the jet. "One of the energies I felt went an alternate route and..."

Raphael stepped out from behind Robert's jet.

Raphael ran his finger over his sword"˜s blade. "I wasn't supposed to make an appearance in this story of ours until later, but since that imbecile in the orange gi decided to go against my associates alone I couldn't just let you leave."

Robert stepped into his fighting stance, "Try and stop us."

"I am still fatigued from my battle with Viola, but I will assist in any way I can," Rose announced.

"Don't worry, Rose. I've got this.," Robert assured. "No Castlevania reject is beating me today."

Guest Magickal

Robert is very good and this fight could probably go either way in a straight fight. Rose in this scenario would, at the very least, be a distraction to Raphael. Robert takes the fight, most likely with a little help from Rose. If Rose wasn't present, I'd give the slight majority to Raphael.

Robert is very good and this fight could probably go either way in a straight fight. Rose in this scenario would, at the very least, be a distraction to Raphael. Robert takes the fight, most likely with a little help from Rose. If Rose wasn't present, I'd give the slight majority to Raphael.

I'm figuring the same thing. I'll vote for Raphael though. Just based off of the two in a fair fight.